The Student Room Group

What clothes do you sleep in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by filmaker
how do people sleep naked? unless you wash after every toilet break or unless you shower right before you sleep how can you get into bed knowing you have urine and poo around.

How do you leave the house every morning knowing you are going to come in to contact with dirty people? Are you one of these people that uses 99.9% cleaner everywhere because you are scared of bugs. But unknowingly you are providing a breeding ground for super bugs.
Original post by Big_Jon
How do you leave the house every morning knowing you are going to come in to contact with dirty people? Are you one of these people that uses 99.9% cleaner everywhere because you are scared of bugs. But unknowingly you are providing a breeding ground for super bugs.

see there's a difference, a bed is where your face can come into contact with any part of the sheets and if youre not cleaning yourself properly youre gonna get your body bacteria's mixed up.
the difference with leaving my house knowing i'll come into contact with dirty people is that i'm fully clothed, and i know when to not touch my face or bite my nails to not get the wrong kind of bacteria in the wrong place.
Pyjamas or a nightie and pj bottoms.
Depends
see there's a difference, a bed is where your face can come into contact with any part of the sheets and if youre not cleaning yourself properly youre gonna get your body bacteria's mixed up.
the difference with leaving my house knowing i'll come into contact with dirty people is that i'm fully clothed, and i know when to not touch my face or bite my nails to not get the wrong kind of bacteria in the wrong place.

But surely let's say you had some nasty foot bacteria. You rub your foot at the bottom of the quilt just before you get up. You get up and get on with the day. Surely over that day that bateria will move upto the part of the sheet that goes accross your neck. Then you get into bed, put the sheet around your neck. Then that bacteria that was once on your foot be on your neck. Then over the next 8 hours when you are sleeping, it be all over your face.
Original post by Big_Jon
But surely let's say you had some nasty foot bacteria. You rub your foot at the bottom of the quilt just before you get up. You get up and get on with the day. Surely over that day that bateria will move upto the part of the sheet that goes accross your neck. Then you get into bed, put the sheet around your neck. Then that bacteria that was once on your foot be on your neck. Then over the next 8 hours when you are sleeping, it be all over your face.

you might think i'm mad but i have bad foot neglect issues and i'm always wearing socks so when i go out i wear a pair then different ones at home so theres not a huge chance of that scenario happening.
you might think i'm mad but i have bad foot neglect issues and i'm always wearing socks so when i go out i wear a pair then different ones at home so theres not a huge chance of that scenario happening.

I think there is a high chance of that happening. If your foot is the carrier then regardless of what sock regime you have. The bacteria that is on your foot will end up on the sheets of the bed. Unless you wash your foot each time, you change yours socks.
Original post by Big_Jon
I think there is a high chance of that happening. If your foot is the carrier then regardless of what sock regime you have. The bacteria that is on your foot will end up on the sheets of the bed. Unless you wash your foot each time, you change yours socks.

sure then. its still gross to sleep naked without washing
how do people sleep naked? unless you wash after every toilet break or unless you shower right before you sleep how can you get into bed knowing you have urine and poo around.

I think this problem is really only apparent if you actually visually see the urine and poo.
Reply 29
3 piece suit
Original post by David B
I think this problem is really only apparent if you actually visually see the urine and poo.

of course!

Spoiler

youre missing the point hun, how can people live with themselves sleeping naked knowing they havent washed their poo and piss holes/areas

Do you not...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Naked. I wear a pair of socks in winter though.
"Pyjamas"? How old are you all?
of course!

Spoiler

I sure do hope that you're closing the toilet lid when you flush, seeing as you're so worried about germs being spread when sleeping naked.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by asmuse123
"Pyjamas"? How old are you all?

What is so bad in wearing pyjamas during sleeping? there are not pyjamas for children only, but also for adults. I see no problems at all.
My birth suit.
Original post by honour
My birth suit.

In other words: you are naked when you are sleeping in your bed. Nice transcription for that, really.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
I sure do hope that you're closing the toilet lid when you flush, seeing as you're so worried about germs being spread when sleeping naked.

Spoiler

hold on a minute, who doesnt close the toilet lid when they flush?

unless youre using a public toilet but then there is only the cubicle.

Original post by squirrology

LMAOOO! Yeah I've always wondered this also.

I don't know about you, but I don't piss on myself or leave poo after I go to the toilet. By your logic wearing pyjamas would keep urine and poo within your nightware.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending