The Student Room Group

BT apprenticeship scheme 2017

Scroll to see replies

I have applied again this year (cyber security) I have my assessment centre on 18th April. There is no specific order in which they do the tasks in. Last year they just had an assessor come in and they call your name/s out to do one of the particular tasks. There wasn't a reasoning assessment last year so not too sure what that is. The presentation I did last year was just done in front of two assessors. There was 8 in my assessment and I know at least three from my assessment were offered a job.
Original post by JamieGriffin1589
Hey Adam, hope your doing well, If you dont mind me asking, when you went last year, apart from the presentation was there any tests (Like Maths/English/IT) Just wondering, any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm very well thanks Jamie no there was no tests just an interview, the discussion exercise and the group task
Original post by adampage29
I'm very well thanks Jamie no there was no tests just an interview, the discussion exercise and the group task

Oh alright thanks that makes me a bit less worried :P
If you dont mind me asking for you what was the exercise and group task. - Im sure they change every year but it would be nice to have an understanding.
Really appreciate any advice!
Thanks!
Oh alright thanks that makes me a bit less worried :P
If you dont mind me asking for you what was the exercise and group task. - Im sure they change every year but it would be nice to have an understanding.
Really appreciate any advice!
Thanks!

For the group task it as an exercise based on bt mobile. There was lots of different cards and a new one was passed to you every minute and you had to discuss within your group the affect it could have on BT's customers. There was no right or wrong answers they just want to see how well you work/communicate within a group. Best advice is to get involved and speak as much you can don't just sit back and let others do the talking. The exercise was talking about something BT could help improve with the power of communication. I play lawn bowls so I spoke about getting more youth into the game.
For the group task it as an exercise based on bt mobile. There was lots of different cards and a new one was passed to you every minute and you had to discuss within your group the affect it could have on BT's customers. There was no right or wrong answers they just want to see how well you work/communicate within a group. Best advice is to get involved and speak as much you can don't just sit back and let others do the talking. The exercise was talking about something BT could help improve with the power of communication. I play lawn bowls so I spoke about getting more youth into the game.

Ah okay that doesnt seem to bad, cheers for the advice!
Ah okay that doesnt seem to bad, cheers for the advice!

No worries mate good luck hope everything goes well

I liked the group exercise, so I hope they do something similar this year :smile:

Has anyone been to an assessment centre this year already, if so, how did you find it? and was the format of the day the same as last year (either from your past experience, or from what you've read in this thread)?

Thanks!
I got invited to the video interview.
Can someone please try to list me most of the questions they asked. It would be really helpful
Original post by amir976
I got invited to the video interview.
Can someone please try to list me most of the questions they asked. It would be really helpful

Hey Amir,

The questions they ask are in previous pages of this thread.

Goodluck!
Original post by itzconnorx
Hey Amir,

The questions they ask are in previous pages of this thread.

Goodluck!

Do u mind listing some or proving me the link for the threads. I applied late as I do not want to go uni anymore even though I got good others from City University London, University College London and Queen Mary
Original post by amir976
Do u mind listing some or proving me the link for the threads. I applied late as I do not want to go uni anymore even though I got good others from City University London, University College London and Queen Mary

For the video interview there are five questions in total:

Question 1 - Tell us something you enjoy doing - hobbies, interests, what do you like to do?

Question 2 - Reason's for applying for the specific apprenticeship. Also state what would you bring to the role.

Question 3 - Why do you want to join BT. (Career development, progression, benefits etc.)

Question 4 - How would you deliver good customer service? e.g. to customers, colleagues, suppliers etc.

Question 5 - Any additional comments - your skills and qualities etc.

Thanks @WaqarAliShabir for posting these questions :smile:

From page 1 on this thread.

Good Luck!
(edited 7 years ago)

Question 1 - Tell us something you enjoy doing - hobbies, interests, what do you like to do?

Question 2 - Reason's for applying for the specific apprenticeship. Also state what would you bring to the role.

Question 3 - Why do you want to join BT. (Career development, progression, benefits etc.)

Question 4 - How would you deliver good customer service? e.g. to customers, colleagues, suppliers etc.

Good Luck!

Thank you for the questions

Good Luck!

Still haven't heard anything back since a month now. Passed the video interview. Twice got an email saying that they haven't forgotten me and they will me update me in 2 weeks again.
Original post by WaqarAliShabir
Still haven't heard anything back since a month now. Passed the video interview. Twice got an email saying that they haven't forgotten me and they will me update me in 2 weeks again.

I've had the same two emails as well.

What role/location have you applied for?

I have not heard anything for nearly 3 weeks, I received an email saying I had passed the video interview and they would be in touch soon but it may take a while.
Yeah i've had the two update emails, i think they take time because they need enough people in a certain area to set an assessment centre up, just a waiting game now.

I originally applied for the TSO IT in Manchester. I did pass the video interview but was not invited to an assessment centre as they said that there are no vacancies available in the area.
When I told them that my first choice is TSO IT, they said if there is any more vacancies available, then I may be invited to an assessment centre.

I am now being considered for the Customer Service Operation in Manchester.

Waiting game

Look at the attached

I passed the video interview and two days later they told me to attend an assessment centre next week.
I just want to say thank you very much for providing me the questions.
Reply 118
Original post by amir976
I passed the video interview and two days later they told me to attend an assessment centre next week.
I just want to say thank you very much for providing me the questions.

Where and which apprenticeship?
Original post by AJD16
Where and which apprenticeship?

I applied for a role in London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending