The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayofsunshine98
Yep. Second biology timed essay and I very nearly wrote something VERY rude on my bit of paper because I literally went blank and then had to write the whole thing in like 45 minutes.

It would be nice if it wasn't the same every year and we could be the exception :wink:

I really hope so... see you all in October hopefully :smile: We'll have to have a TSR group meet up or something haha

Also a bit of a demanding offer here haha (A*A*A :tongue:)
Original post by SteamboatMickey

Ahaah in the Same boat... some regrets keeping my 4th subject now... A*A*AA

EDIT: more to Laziness rather than ability- would have reduced stress significantly!
Original post by Xphoenix

EDIT: more to Laziness rather than ability- would have reduced stress significantly!

Same offer and feelings here :angry: I feel like I should have dropped one of them (although I wouldn't know which and I feel like all 4 are beneficial for phys natsci ugh)
Original post by Xphoenix

Mine is just confidence :redface:

Same offer I've got... Although they must believe in us!

My school have now made us make revision timetables for homework saying what we are doing until we finish in the summer and it's hugely stressing me out. Think I'm just going to take in my plan for the next couple of weeks and say I'm not going any further until after that point. I'm adjusting topics each week to suit my weaknesses. Please tell me it isn't just my school that's being like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there! Some of you may remember me as that weird failed Oxfordite who hung around on the previous thread for no particular reason. Well, I've popped out of the rabbit hole to say: if you ever feel the need to make Latin graffiti while in Cambridge as someone decided, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!

(This has been bugging me.)
Reply 2166
Original post by fablereader
Hey there! Some of you may remember me as that weird failed Oxfordite who hung around on the previous thread for no particular reason. Well, I've popped out of the rabbit hole to say: if you ever feel the need to make Latin graffiti while in Cambridge as someone decided, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!

Or, as they say in the Bridge...

Placendi, 'c'u'm amor Dei non uti transferendum !!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
Or, as they say in the Bridge...

Placendi, 'c'u'm amor Dei non uti transferendum !!

Hmm ... I don't know about placendi, but I'm hesitant on that; amor is nominative, which doesn't seem to make sense (dative would, amori); noli, not non; and uti takes ablative, not accusative.
Reply 2168
Hmm ... I don't know about placendi, but I'm hesitant on that; amor is nominative, which doesn't seem to make sense (dative would, amori); noli, not non; and uti takes ablative, not accusative.

Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just in an overly sensitive mood. Locus in domos loci populum ... how's that supposed to make sense??

Oh that graffiti :lol: it is my favourite news story of the week!
A slightly strange request: could any Comp Sci offer holders have a look at this new CSAT 'sample paper' and let me know whether it is the actual paper as used in this year's admissions round?
Oh that graffiti :lol: it is my favourite news story of the week!

I considered popping up here and saying something like, 'Only at Cambridge ... ' when it first appeared, but honestly I would have done Latin graffiti myself if I ever did graffiti. :biggrin: However, the quality ... :colonhash:
Original post by Forecast
A slightly strange request: could any Comp Sci offer holders have a look at this new CSAT 'sample paper' and let me know whether it is the actual paper as used in this year's admissions round?

Hopefully, someone will be able to answer your question!

Although do we actually have any regular Comp Sci offer holders here? :redface:

By the way, over the Summer I will get back to updating the Admissions Assesment Help Thread that I made last year so if you or any other 2018 applicants (or, for that matter, any future applicants in any future cycles) find any useful materials please let me know :biggrin: I feel like it could turn into a useful resource if we all get together to help one another! :h:
Hopefully, someone will be able to answer your question!

Although do we actually have any regular Comp Sci offer holders here? :redface:

By the way, over the Summer I will get back to updating the Admissions Assesment Help Thread that I made last year so if you or any other 2018 applicants (or, for that matter, any future applicants in any future cycles) find any useful materials please let me know :biggrin: I feel like it could turn into a useful resource if we all get together to help one another! :h:

Unless it's changed since last year, the plan is to publish all the pre-interview papers from November soon now that the mature colleges admissions round is over.

Looking forward to seeing them :redface:
Unless it's changed since last year, the plan is to publish all the pre-interview papers from November soon now that the mature colleges admissions round is over.

You guys are lucky :tongue:

Well I'll make sure I keep up to date and post them on TSR, so thanks for telling me! If you have any other random materials please let me know. Since we were the first cycle to have to take the pre-interview papers for most of the subjects we had a real TSR effort to help each other out :lol: I ended up practicing for mine (History) by using the LNAT

Amy idea if that includes the answers??

Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys are lucky :tongue:

Well I'll make sure I keep up to date and post them on TSR, so thanks for telling me! If you have any other random materials please let me know. Since we were the first cycle to have to take the pre-interview papers for most of the subjects we had a real TSR effort to help each other out :lol: I ended up practicing for mine (History) by using the LNAT

Is it bad the only practise I did was the specimen paper? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amy idea if that includes the answers??

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the multiple choice questions yes, not sure about the Section 2s.
Is it bad the only practise I did was the specimen paper? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah not at all! I only practised with the LNAT because the specimen was weirdly easy (but also really fun)

Latest

Trending

Trending