The Student Room Group

AQA AS/A2 Government and Politics GOVP - 05, 08, 12 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

AQA Government and Politics 2017 Official Thread

Hey Guys! If you have any queries / resources / tips for the upcoming exams, please post them below.

Resources

Past Papers
2015 General Election Stats - Brexit and Indyref stats coming soon
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How is revision going?
Reply 2
Im sitting govp1&2 this year, any help???
Reply 3
I am Having a lot of trouble figuring out the "political networks/communities" part of the specification. The book I have doesn't mention it directly at all. The closest thing to it they have are Euro groups(e.g.COPA COGECA). Are Euro groups political communities? Can some one please provide a proper definition for political communities and give me a few examples(if Euro groups aren't what they are)?
Original post by govtandpolitics
How is revision going?

Good I think. Notes and flashcards done, just making sure I have example / stats now ready to go. What about you? What units are you sitting?

Original post by pri8315
Im sitting govp1&2 this year, any help???

What sort of help are you looking for? Do you have any specific questions?

Original post by Hobnu
I am Having a lot of trouble figuring out the "political networks/communities" part of the specification. The book I have doesn't mention it directly at all. The closest thing to it they have are Euro groups(e.g.COPA COGECA). Are Euro groups political communities? Can some one please provide a proper definition for political communities and give me a few examples(if Euro groups aren't what they are)?

I think that is one of the units I am not sitting. Sorry
Reply 5
I thought you were sitting govp1. My bad. Make sure though, political communities are on the 4th unite of govp1, I'm doing some of my own research because my teacher and books don't mention them at all, but they are on the specs and have come up on exams ( think in 2014). If any one is sitting this exam make sure to look them up or ask your teacher !
Original post by Hobnu
I thought you were sitting govp1. My bad. Make sure though, political communities are on the 4th unite of govp1, I'm doing some of my own research because my teacher and books don't mention them at all, but they are on the specs and have come up on exams ( think in 2014). If any one is sitting this exam make sure to look them up or ask your teacher !

Yeah I am sitting GOVP1, but am only doing Electoral Systems and Pressure Groups. They were the two topics we were taught at school.
Reply 7
That makes sense , you only have to chose 2 of the 4 units per exam. I looove my pressure groups though.
Reply 8
Hi, I'm studying Government and politics AQA AS this year and wondering if anyone knows whether it is linear or modular? As in does AS year count as half my A level or not? My teacher is useless and has no idea which is slightly worrying
Original post by Tommy1boy
Good I think. Notes and flashcards done, just making sure I have example / stats now ready to go. What about you? What units are you sitting?

I'm doing American politics (so gov3a I think) and American government (so gov4a I think). I need to up my revision atm, as I don't think I'm doing enough :/
I'm doing American politics (so gov3a I think) and American government (so gov4a I think). I need to up my revision atm, as I don't think I'm doing enough :/

I found the topics quite interesting. What specific topics are you doing from GOV4A and GOV3A
I found the topics quite interesting. What specific topics are you doing from GOV4A and GOV3A

For government, I've learnt congress, judiciary and constitution
For politics, pressure groups, elections and political parties
Hbu?
For government, I've learnt congress, judiciary and constitution
For politics, pressure groups, elections and political parties
Hbu?

I have learn congress, judiciary and constitution as well, but probably just going to revise judiciary and constitution

For GOV3A, we learnt pressure groups, political parties and voting behaviour. I think I will to PG and VB.
I have learn congress, judiciary and constitution as well, but probably just going to revise judiciary and constitution

For GOV3A, we learnt pressure groups, political parties and voting behaviour. I think I will to PG and VB.

Good choice. I think I will be doing constitution and judiciary and then pressure groups and maybe elections 🤔
Hey guys!

If you have any questions about AQA Politics, Units 1 - 4 just post them below and hhope someone helps you.

I am sitting GOVP1, GOV3A and GOV4A this year. Does anyone have any predictions?

I am sitting the exact same as you.
Messed up my P1 last year.
Reply 15
Has anyone got any places where I can find some practice questions? I have already done the 3 past papers and can't seem to find any other way to practice (besides from general revision).
Original post by Hobnu
Has anyone got any places where I can find some practice questions? I have already done the 3 past papers and can't seem to find any other way to practice (besides from general revision).

http://pastpapers.papacambridge.com/?dir=AQA/A-Level/Govt-and-Politics-2150
I'm taking all 4 exams this year and the text books I am using only includes facts as recent as 2010. I was wondering if i have to include information about more recent elections and referendums such as the most recent general election and brexit when considering certain concepts and theoretical models?
Original post by leicsharvey
I'm taking all 4 exams this year and the text books I am using only includes facts as recent as 2010. I was wondering if i have to include information about more recent elections and referendums such as the most recent general election and brexit when considering certain concepts and theoretical models?

Its always beneficial to use up to date statistics, because it shows off your knowledge. These stats can be found online. If you can wait, I can type up the stats I have and post them tomorrow?
Its always beneficial to use up to date statistics, because it shows off your knowledge. These stats can be found online. If you can wait, I can type up the stats I have and post them tomorrow?

Thank you that would be super helpful!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending