The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Only found out about the LNAT cause of the threads on here, or else I would not have done enough practice, and who knows, may have been enough not to get an offer/get invited to interview... All hypothetical of course- but doing LNAT increased my Confidence...
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Nah not at all! I only practised with the LNAT because the specimen was weirdly easy (but also really fun)
Original post by Xphoenix
Only found out about the LNAT cause of the threads on here, or else I would not have done enough practice, and who knows, may have been enough not to get an offer/get invited to interview... All hypothetical of course- but doing LNAT increased my Confidence...

Same here!! I think it taught me some valuable skills regardless
Original post by Doonesbury
I was slightly out:

Last year 4307 offers of which 527 were mathmos = 3780 non maths.
3457 acceptances (256 mathmos) = 3201 non maths.

So 579/3780 = 15%

But still... 85% take up their place. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If 4307 offers were made and of those 4307 offers 3457 were accepted, wouldn't it be 80% that take up their place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2183
Original post by DamnDaniel2
If 4307 offers were made and of those 4307 offers 3457 were accepted, wouldn't it be 80% that take up their place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only if you include maths.
Reply 2184
Original post by alow
Only if you include maths.

:yep:

And, @DamnDaniel2 that also means the offer:acceptance rate for maths alone is a miserly 48% vs 85% for all other courses. Pity the STEPpers...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Forecast
For the multiple choice questions yes, not sure about the Section 2s.

Even on the multiple choice stuff it would be good to actually be able to show my teachers how hard it was and see if they can get any right. They really didn't understand why I was so exhausted afterwards haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Even on the multiple choice stuff it would be good to actually be able to show my teachers how hard it was and see if they can get any right. They really didn't understand why I was so exhausted afterwards haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd hope they could get the multiple choice right since it's only GCSE level material! The real challenge was doing it under pressure in the small amount of time allowed.
Original post by Forecast
I'd hope they could get the multiple choice right since it's only GCSE level material! The real challenge was doing it under pressure in the small amount of time allowed.

Yeah although I'd say the NSAA had a few AS/A level bits on it as well, even in section one. Linked to GCSE, but taking it a bit further. and I'd make them do it to time as well 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Yeah although I'd say the NSAA had a few AS/A level bits on it as well, even in section one. Linked to GCSE, but taking it a bit further. and I'd make them do it to time as well 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

The history section had the most amazing source :lol:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
The history section had the most amazing source :lol:

The AMESAA had the weirdest section 2 lol

(are we allowed to say what it was yet?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah i remember that... i was so shocked for it too... Honestly had no clue what I was doing/what it was about.... I just dedicated my time to the last question in the hope it was right
Original post by Steliata

Reply 2191
Hello,
This will be a slightly odd message regarding concers that have been eating away at me.

I'm not sure if anyone who got an offer as a mature student or a compsci applicant possibly even both could give me some advice. I have some questions in regards to the whole application and interview methods that i was hoping someone could possibly help me out. Basically generic questions in a sense but it's something that's been worrying me for a bit. Hope you are all doing well.

How do people also cope if no one near you believes in you? I have no support network whatsoever and because I'm a mature student I'm not at school so i don't have that either.
If anyone can reply either from a mature student or a compsci student or just advice I'd be very thankful.

Also I'm Glen! Hello everyone.
Reply 2192
Original post by Steliata

I'd prefer not, sorry. Let's await an AT giving the "all clear". :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd prefer not, sorry. Let's await at AT giving the "all clear". :smile:

Okey dokey 👍
Reply 2194
Original post by Gleng
Hello,
This will be a slightly odd message regarding concers that have been eating away at me.

I'm not sure if anyone who got an offer as a mature student or a compsci applicant possibly even both could give me some advice. I have some questions in regards to the whole application and interview methods that i was hoping someone could possibly help me out. Basically generic questions in a sense but it's something that's been worrying me for a bit. Hope you are all doing well.

How do people also cope if no one near you believes in you? I have no support network whatsoever and because I'm a mature student I'm not at school so i don't have that either.
If anyone can reply either from a mature student or a compsci student or just advice I'd be very thankful.

Also I'm Glen! Hello everyone.

Are you planning to apply for entry 2018?

There's a thread for that here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3528165
The Official Cambridge Applicants 2018 Thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the thing we signed said either August or September- obviously may differ with each college, but that's off the top of my head- might be remembering wrong too

@Steliata
Almost Easter holiday! Hang in there everyone :biggrin:
Who else feels like they shouldn't have had an offer?
I'm so done.

Last year's papers will be released later this spring on the website to give prospective applicants the chance to see them. When they're published then I think it's fine for them to be discussed here or anywhere else.

Latest

Trending

Trending