The Student Room Group

Macbeth and an Inspector calls predictions 2017

What do you guys think will come up for Macbeth and an inspector calls this year?
Do you guys think there is still a possibility Sheila will come up seeing there was a question about her in the specimen paper already

I think for Macbeth the witches', or banquo will come up
and for an inspector calls Eric or mrs birling

what do you guys think :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Nothing easy or obvious like AIC class divide or responsibility or Macbeth :frown: kms
Reply 2
Original post by Faloodeh
Nothing easy or obvious like AIC class divide or responsibility or Macbeth :frown: kms

I wish they just told us like two days before the exams which character or theme will come up I would do 500x better:frown:
I would write answers to lots of different questions that could come up before and memorise the best parts. I hope Banquo or the theme of ambition come up in Macbeth, but I don't do an Inspector Calls so I can't say anything about it.
Reply 4
I don't think Banquo or sheila would come up since they were on the specimen paper. Still revise for them though. Im sensing the witches for Macbeth and Responsibility for An Inspector Calls
Original post by Idku
I wish they just told us like two days before the exams which character or theme will come up I would do 500x better:frown:

Haha yeah! I am the worst at Lit though, i can never remember relevant quotes ("what, you egg?" :tongue:) and you dont know what to revise! Ill probably go through all of the irrelevant characters
It is bad luck to refer to Shakespeare's Scottish play by name.
Reply 7
I'm dreading the exams I have been trying to listen to Macbeth but its getting all too much.
I am thinking that the Witches will come up but its still a lot to remember.

I lost my copy of the Inspector Calls in one of our local Libraries yesterday went to the mens and by the time I got back it was gone :angry: I wasn't even that long and no-one saw anything. So I hope I can pickup a replacement copy today so I am making do with the movie right now.
Not quite the same though but at least it is entertaining.

Trying to update some quotes on my phone on Quizlet thanks to Gaby123 it's easier to flick through
I don't know why but I have a feeling that the theme of capitalism may come up for Inspector Calls. But I hope the examiners give us a easy theme,as we are the first year doing the new spec, so I think that they may go easy on us or they could be cruel and give us a hard theme such as time for AIC.
Reply 9
Original post by Saph00x
I don't think Banquo or sheila would come up since they were on the specimen paper. Still revise for them though. Im sensing the witches for Macbeth and Responsibility for An Inspector Calls

Did Banquo come up on the specimen paper? If so what was the question
Original post by rafakl

We did it for one of our mocks. The question was something along the lines of exploring the relationship between Macbeth and Banquo in some given extract which I don't remember.
Original post by rafakl

For WJEC Eduquas exam board it was something like: "how important is Banquo in play"
Wasn't responsibility in the specimen paper though for An Inspector Calls (as well as Sheila)?
What exam board do you do?
Original post by octoberrain
What exam board do you do?

AQA
Reply 15
I need help with writing a Banquo essay ... could someone help me by giving me three points and maybe some quotes ?
Original post by emaaa1
I need help with writing a Banquo essay ... could someone help me by giving me three points and maybe some quotes ?

You can talk about how banquo comtrasts with macbeths character and is used to emphasise his betrayal to the king.

Although Banquo doesnt act on his desires he still has intrest with the witches and the prophecies

Banquo is also very caring for his son
Reply 17
Original post by Saph00x
You can talk about how banquo comtrasts with macbeths character and is used to emphasise his betrayal to the king.

Although Banquo doesnt act on his desires he still has intrest with the witches and the prophecies

Banquo is also very caring for his son

Thanks but what quotations can I use for this especially the last point on how he is caring of his son ?
Reply 18
Also , why would you think that Banquo would come ? isn't he a minor character , don't you think that they would most likely ask us a question about an obvious theme or character as we are the first year to sit the new gcse. I have a gut feeling that the question will be a theme as characters have been in both speciemen papers , im predicting the theme of supernatural.
Original post by emaaa1
Also , why would you think that Banquo would come ? isn't he a minor character , don't you think that they would most likely ask us a question about an obvious theme or character as we are the first year to sit the new gcse. I have a gut feeling that the question will be a theme as characters have been in both speciemen papers , im predicting the theme of supernatural.

Yeah I think a question about the witches or the supernatural is a popular one - that's what most of us at school are predicting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending