The Student Room Group

The break of the EU will improve European relations

I don't know about you, but now I'm not being lectured by the likes of TeutonicPhil and hectored(racist if you choose anything else) into being a good obedient colony of federalist, stifling expansionism, contrary to our national interests, I now feel much more friendly towards Europe.

I'm thinking of visiting Norway and Switzerland, (maybe even Iceland) both beautiful countries apparently, and the most prosperous and sane of European nations(funnily enough neither destroyed nor lectured about bigotry for living as they do-let's restore sanity ffs)to experience the world of some fellow liberated Europeans and learn something about these places.

I'm also looking forward hugely to returning to the distinctive France of my youth, with their economic sovereignty, and currency, restored.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I don't know about you, but now I'm not being lectured by the likes of TeutonicPhil and hectored(racist if you choose anything else) into being a good obedient colony of federalist, stifling expansionism, contrary to our national interests, I now feel much more friendly towards Europe.

I'm thinking of visiting Norway and Switzerland, (maybe even Iceland) both beautiful countries apparently, and the most prosperous and sane of European nations(funnily enough neither destroyed nor lectured about bigotry for living as they do-let's restore sanity ffs)to experience the world of some fellow liberated Europeans and learn something about these places.

I'm also looking forward hugely to returning to the distinctive France of my youth, with their economic sovereignty, and currency, restored.

So... why exactly will a break up of the EU improve European relations?

Because Brexit makes some person on a student forum more friendly towards Europe?

Dude you're a moron, I'm sorry.
The EU ain't going anywhere, despite what the Eurosceptic press have convinced themselves.

Re Switzerland and Norway's success that's down to being a tax-haven and having massive amounts of natural resources(relative to heir size) respectively. Iceland are smart because they've got the single market for their services sector but they're outside the CFP.
If Brexit encourages Frexit, Spexit, Grexit, and all the other exits, the fall of the EU could be disastrous. I had a long conversation with a professor of diplomacy about the EU being somewhat the 4th superpower of the world. We have the USA, China, Russian and the EU - in no particular order.

You see, most European countries depend on the USA. However, in the face of various political and economic shifts, some countries, such as Le Pen's France and Orban's Hungary, might try to break up the EU and seek Russia's assistance. Ultimately, some other countries would seek China's support. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that the EU, despite all its evils, is stronger together than each country individually because each individual country isn't strong enough to keep itself safe in today's world. I know that there are many ''alliances'' but, in crisis, you usually end up looking after your own.
Original post by SHallowvale
So... why exactly will a break up of the EU improve European relations?

Because Brexit makes some person on a student forum more friendly towards Europe?

Dude you're a moron, I'm sorry.

No, I have a different opinion-typical remainer.

Many Europeans are the same.

Enforced federalism, currency union, single foreign policy, uniform laws and regulations that weaken peripheral countries, and cripple their economies and colonize them financially.

Believe me, animosity between European nations and the rise of the far right is facilitated by this state of affairs.
Original post by eyetie eyetie
Re first sentence I really hope the EU ceases to be but i very much doubt it.

I think you will be surprised by what happens in France, I really do.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
No, I have a different opinion-typical remainer.

Many Europeans are the same.

Enforced federalism, currency union, single foreign policy, uniform laws and regulations that weaken peripheral countries, and cripple their economies and colonize them financially.

Believe me, animosity between European nations and the rise of the far right is facilitated by this state of affairs.

No, you're a moron because you don't know how to make an argument. You write pretentious threads with absolutely no substance and talk about things you don't understand.

It may well be that a break up of the EU will improve relations between European countries. If you have any argument that supports that notion then go ahead and present it. Telling us your own personal feelings and future holiday plans (???) is completely anecdotal.

Relations between European countries are already extremely good and a lot of that can be attributed to the European Union and it's predecessors. As a matter of fact, the centralisation of economic regulations was the basis of making peace in Europe after World War II.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending