The Student Room Group

Would you ever date someone with a gambling addiction

I would never what about you lot

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. Any form of addiction is unhealthy and gambling is one of the worst.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
No. Any form of addiction is unhealthy and gambling is one of the worst.

Trust I'd rather have them have a smoking addiction then a gambling addiction
Nope.
Reply 4
Original post by insert-username
Nope.

Same most are useless when it comes to money
It depends, if they were losing money and had no money management then i would never date them.

However, if they had a gambling addiction, could control their money and were able to turn a profit then i would have no problem because if this was the case it is no different to trading stocks or investing etc.
No because my brother has one and it's torn the family apart.
Massive NO
Reply 8
Original post by masterwam
It depends, if they were losing money and had no money management then i would never date them.

However, if they had a gambling addiction, could control their money and were able to turn a profit then i would have no problem because if this was the case it is no different to trading stocks or investing etc.

The problem is that people with gambling addictions can't control their money and most likely are trying to win back what they lost.
Original post by UWS
The problem is that people with gambling addictions can't control their money and most likely are trying to win back what they lost.

I fully understand your point there but there is a small few who are extremely good, just thought it was worthy of giving the other side a mention to be fair
Perhaps. We'd never marry though - and I wouldn't be lending them any money.

Most gambling addicts have no control of their money most lose big and get carried away
Original post by princessmaire80
No because my brother has one and it's torn the family apart.

Sorry like how how does it affect the family
Massive sameeee couldn't of said it better
Original post by Steljoy
Massive NO

Massive sameeee couldn't of said it better
I would give it a try, yes. There's no point disregarding something entirely without giving it a try, but they'd have to be someone a bit special. If it started putting strain on the relationship or it became detrimental to either of us beyond the point of being manageable then I would probably break things off, though.
Original post by UWS

Gamblers are selfish keep borrowing and losing money from loved ones and friends
Original post by Anonymous
I would never what about you lot

It depends. Gambling s a very nasty addiction , so I would have to gauge how serious it was an how much potential they had. Some people you cna fix and others not.
I fully understand your point there but there is a small few who are extremely good, just thought it was worthy of giving the other side a mention to be fair

The house always win there is no luck
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry like how how does it affect the family

Because of what he's done to fund it. He stole money from my mums bank account and took out loans, credit cards and phone contracts (he would take a contract out and then sell the phone) in my dad's name- my dad is 75, in poor physical health and has dementia but they have the same first name.
Because of this my sister and I have disowned him and now refuse to speak to him. Mum unbelievably is still standing by him but me and my sister just won't have anything to do with him hence it tore the family apart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending