The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackrosser97
exactly, i know how you feel. i have 2 offers thankfully but i am waiting for kings to give me a offer/rejection to make my final decision. incredibly frustrating. good luck

It certainly is, but I suppose we should be thankful and happy that we didn't get outright rejections and we're still in contention. Anyhow likewise good luck to you!
I asked them if they could tell me how far up the waiting list I am but they said they couldn't because this would give away their ranking procedure.
PM to be in school leavers whatsapp gc to discuss accommodation, travel, A-levels, etc.
Have any of you still not had any sort of update on portal or track? Should I just assume I'm on the waiting list
Original post by oceanspray25
Have any of you still not had any sort of update on portal or track? Should I just assume I'm on the waiting list

That's odd... I'm on the waiting list but the state of my application still says "submitted", they just sent me a message via portal. Any chance you've missed that?
Original post by StationToStation
That's odd... I'm on the waiting list but the state of my application still says "submitted", they just sent me a message via portal. Any chance you've missed that?

I don't think so, nothing's changed since I was invited for interview, no updates or messages.
Original post by oceanspray25
I don't think so, nothing's changed since I was invited for interview, no updates or messages.

me neither
On the waiting list as well:/ Out of interest - if let's say on results day, us on the waiting list after having been rejected, meet the grades, do we get the place? Cos essentially we're on the waiting list until someone who has an offer rejects it and on the 5th May, we'll be rejected cos offer holders haven't declined their offers - but say if on results day a lot of people kept it as their insurance and they met their firms instead, that would open a few seats that we could potentially take right?
Original post by donkor
I have the same problem. can i quickly ask will you be going to the offer holder day on your own or taking one of your parents ?

I'm going with one parent!
I will be putting kings as my insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3370
kings changed their entry requirements for next year.
atm it is AAA, next year A*AA. they are making it even more harder and competitive
Original post by 11...
kings changed their entry requirements for next year.
atm it is AAA, next year A*AA. they are making it even more harder and competitive

There is also a 25% increase in medical school places from next year so it levels out.
I have decided to put Barts as my insurance instead of King's. So I'm going to decline the offer and hopefully, someone from here that is on the waiting list can receive an offer. Good luck to everyone :smile:
I think I was one of the first people to get rejected and it is heartbreaking since I wanted an offer so badly. Do any of you guys think it is worth calling them up on results day if I get good grades? Because I know people who have done that but don't think they did for kings. Also because I know most people put Kings as their insurance so hopefully theres a chance right?
Reply 3374
@bee264 I would definitely recommend calling up schools and being in constant contact emailing them showing them that you truly want to attend their university. People decline offers all the time and you never know. You have nothing to lose!! I know people who missed both their offers and then emailed 4 other schools and kept pushing and trying and were eventually offered a place! It is definitely possible :smile:
Original post by Hoiiz
@bee264 I would definitely recommend calling up schools and being in constant contact emailing them showing them that you truly want to attend their university. People decline offers all the time and you never know. You have nothing to lose!! I know people who missed both their offers and then emailed 4 other schools and kept pushing and trying and were eventually offered a place! It is definitely possible :smile:

What do you mean by constant contact not really sure what I am meant to contact them about if u get me? Thanks though
what are everyone's stats out of curiosity?
Original post by bubbletealover
what are everyone's stats out of curiosity?

like predicitions and ukcat?
Has anyone who has heard nothing, called?
Reply 3379
Hey everyone, I am a graduate with an offer. Just wanted to know for those of you in the same position, how and when do we go about paying our deposit? I have emailed via the portal but no one has got back to me.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending