The Student Room Group

What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
That's why I said "perfect in that respect" just after talking about his looks and personality :wink:

Well, saying "no degree" sounds like the epitome of a hard and fast rule to me. Either way, my curiosity has been satisfied :h:
We don't see it often Woody, but today yeh got owned. Her points were valid.

Original post by Twinpeaks
How is he the perfect guy for me if he doesn't have the one thing I specified as an essential requirement :holmes:
Good logic!

Don't think I'd have much in common at all with the whole self-starting business type tbh. So yeah, definitely no.

It's not about earning potential, and obviously not a hard and fast rule. I come from a working class background and it's a quick and easy way to avoid the sort of guys who I grew up around.

Also if the guy is from a university like Swansea Met then I'm also a bit deterred.

Edit: You do realise you can apply your reasoning to every post on this thread? Perfect guy but without a beard, perfect guy but a couple of inches shorter,
perfect guy but wrong hair colour etc.
Original post by princessmaire80
-If they're a Sunderland FC fan (born and bred Geordie here)
- If they're a mummy's boy
-if they have cats. I cannot be doing with cats!
-any sort of dodgy taste in music
- if they're Tory supporters (my other half is a Tory and he knows it makes me really cross)
- Anyone who has a problem with my disabilities (it has been known)
-Sexist or homophobic
- Alcoholic (I'm not talking enjoys a few pints at the weekend I'm talking full blown alcoholic. Been there, done that and not going back)
- Has to get the approval of his mates before he does anything...

What do you mean by 'dodgy taste'?
Accent probably. Ironic given that I'm from Birmingham.
Original post by princessmaire80
-
- if they're Tory supporters (my other half is a Tory and he knows it makes me really cross)

Poor little snowflake :frown:
They liked Batman vs Superman.
Reply 465
If they had no hair. Bald people are ugly, tbh.
A truly shallow one among my list would be not tall enough (should be at least 4-5cm above my height)
Reply 467
Original post by Karolinska Medic
A truly shallow one among my list would be not tall enough (should be at least 4-5cm above my height)
How tall are you?
Too short and also hairy backs.. I've stopped seeing guys before based on the fact they have hairy backs 😶
Original post by trustmeimlying1
We don't see it often Woody, but today yeh got owned. Her points were valid.

How did I get "owned" when I merely asked her a question by way of a hypothetical scenario, as I was genuinely intrigued by her reasoning where she gave no explanation in her first post?
Original post by tapir
How tall are you?

178cm= 5ft 10.07874in
Reply 471
178cm= 5ft 10.07874in

Damn, you are tall :frown:

Way taller than me :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
Shorter than me
Younger than me
Original post by UWS
Damn, you are tall :frown:

Way taller than me :lol:

How short tall are you?
Reply 474
Original post by Tiger Rag
How short tall are you?

5'3", you?

Yeah it's not great, height does seem to be quite an important factor for many people it seems. Guess I just have to get lucky or something :moon:
Original post by UWS
5'3", you?

Yeah it's not great, height does seem to be quite an important factor for many people it seems. Guess I just have to get lucky or something :moon:

5ft. Someone who is 5'3 is perfect height for me. I find most men are too tall and looking up just hurts my neck. :redface:
Reply 476
Original post by Tiger Rag
5ft. Someone who is 5'3 is perfect height for me. I find most men are too tall and looking up just hurts my neck. :redface:

I had this impression you were quite tall for some reason :lol:

Haha same, I tend to go for girls shorter than me or around the same height.
Original post by UWS
I had this impression you were quite tall for some reason :lol:

Haha same, I tend to go for girls shorter than me or around the same height.

I have noticed that most often when you see a girl dating a guy shorter than her the girl is 5ft 7 to 5ft 10

very rare to see a girl below this height dating a guy shorter than her.

It could be that taller girls are natrually more prone to dating shorter guys and because of their own above average height value height in a partner less .....or it could be you simply see more 5ft 7 to 5ft 10 girls dating shorter guys because it's not massively unusual to see a guy 5ft 6 to 5ft 9 ....where as a guy of your height [5ft 3] is pretty rare, and if they are pretty rare then by that logic there won't be much of them to see dating a 5ft 4 to 5ft 6 girl in the first place.

I suspect though that taller girls do in fact have less aversion to dating shorter guys than shorter girls do ...because if a 5ft 8 girl mates with a 5ft 3 guy, the kid [male] will turn out around 5ft 8 ....which is a tiny bit below average for a male but still a pretty normal male height and should not greatly impact his chances with the opposite sex, ....however if a 5ft 3 male mates with a 5ft 0 female then the kid [male] will turn out around 5ft 4 ...and likely have trouble with females when he's older due to height.

Genetically speaking, a 5ft 8 woman mating with a 5ft 3 guy will produce male offspring which have a significant better chance of "making it" [obtaining a good/high quality mate and reproducing] than a 5ft womans child would [due to the males height disadvantage]

https://tall.life/height-calculator-how-tall-will-i-be/

Therefore it fits into my theory that taller women are less fussy about height. As what is the primary purpose of reproduction? To produce offspring [preferably high quality so they will have greater chance of success] which will one day reproduce themselves ..and thus the cycle continues.

I am average male height [5ft 10], and years ago I noticed it was significantly harder for me to attract an attractive girl [5ft 4 and below] than a taller girl [5ft 7 - 5ft 10] ...and I think the reason again is simply taller girls are less fussy.

my advice: don't just go for girls under 5ft 3, try the taller girls too. They may just surprise you..........
Reply 478
178cm= 5ft 10.07874in
I'm 5'11 and I've always had a thing for taller girls. Not sure why.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 479
Original post by ANM775
I have noticed that most often when you see a girl dating a guy shorter than her the girl is 5ft 7 to 5ft 10

very rare to see a girl below this height dating a guy shorter than her.

It could be that taller girls are natrually more prone to dating shorter guys and because of their own above average height value height in a partner less .....or it could be you simply see more 5ft 7 to 5ft 10 girls dating shorter guys because it's not massively unusual to see a guy 5ft 6 to 5ft 9 ....where as a guy of your height [5ft 3] is pretty rare, and if they are pretty rare then by that logic there won't be much of them to see dating a 5ft 4 to 5ft 6 girl in the first place.

I suspect though that taller girls do in fact have less aversion to dating shorter guys than shorter girls do ...because if a 5ft 8 girl mates with a 5ft 3 guy, the kid [male] will turn out around 5ft 8 ....which is a tiny bit below average for a male but still a pretty normal male height and should not greatly impact his chances with the opposite sex, ....however if a 5ft 3 male mates with a 5ft 0 female then the kid [male] will turn out around 5ft 4 ...and likely have trouble with females when he's older due to height.

Genetically speaking, a 5ft 8 woman mating with a 5ft 3 guy will produce male offspring which have a significant better chance of "making it" [obtaining a good/high quality mate and reproducing] than a 5ft womans child would [due to the males height disadvantage]

https://tall.life/height-calculator-how-tall-will-i-be/

Therefore it fits into my theory that taller women are less fussy about height. As what is the primary purpose of reproduction? To produce offspring [preferably high quality so they will have greater chance of success] which will one day reproduce themselves ..and thus the cycle continues.

I am average male height [5ft 10], and years ago I noticed it was significantly harder for me to attract an attractive girl [5ft 4 and below] than a taller girl [5ft 7 - 5ft 10] ...and I think the reason again is simply taller girls are less fussy.

my advice: don't just go for girls under 5ft 3, try the taller girls too. They may just surprise you..........

Never really thought about it that way. Thought girls would not think about dating someone shorter than them. I'm not saying like me dating a 6 ft girl but like even 5'5" seems intimidating cos of the whole stereotype that most girls don't date shorter guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending