The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You know what I hate in society? When people make such a big deal about who has slept with who and how many they slept with.

If a female does this, she's a slut. If a male does this, he's a :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing legend. It's unfair to pre-stereotype females if they had more sexual partners then what society sees acceptable. Who cares? If you enjoy sex, have it.

As long as you aren't having sex to help deal with things or to help crave an addiction e.g having sex to pay for a drug addiction or having sex randomly because you keep feeling low then I don't see the problem?

As long as the individual is happy, confident and content with themselves, it doesn't matter what someone does in their free time. At the end of the day, it's not even anyone's business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammie_x
You know what I hate in society? When people make such a big deal about who has slept with who and how many they slept with.

If a female does this, she's a slut. If a male does this, he's a :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing legend. It's unfair to pre-stereotype females if they had more sexual partners then what society sees acceptable. Who cares? If you enjoy sex, have it.

As long as you aren't having sex to help deal with things or to help crave an addiction e.g having sex to pay for a drug addiction or having sex randomly because you keep feeling low then I don't see the problem?

As long as the individual is happy, confident and content with themselves, it doesn't matter what someone does in their free time. At the end of the day, it's not even anyone's business.

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1 to this

but you are still a young girl
Don't waste too much time on boys, focus on yourself.
Number 1 rule is make sure the person you're having sex with respects you! in my opinion it should only be with someone you know well enough, to know that they wouldn't do wrong to you.

And make sure you're being safe.
Original post by ANM775
you're averaging 5/6 guys a year since since loosing that V....

which if we're using the higher number only equates to 1 every 2 months. Doesn't seem that many.

And OP you can sleep with as many people as you want. Nobody else's opinion should matter because at the end of the day as long as you're enjoying yourself, you're safe and nobody is being hurt by it then you're not doing anything wrong
Original post by Anonymous
which if we're using the higher number only equates to 1 every 2 months. Doesn't seem that many.

And OP you can sleep with as many people as you want. Nobody else's opinion should matter because at the end of the day as long as you're enjoying yourself, you're safe and nobody is being hurt by it then you're not doing anything wrong

I agree. The problem only comes if you start lying about it to potential partners.
Reply 284
Don't let anyone make you feel bad for what you've done. As long as you're being safe and protecting yourself and not doing anything destructive then you do you girl. Everyone has their opinions and everyong will sleep with a diferent amounts of people in their lives. Some will like sex better than others and so what.
That only time somethig like this could be bad is when 1. You don't protect yourself and 2. It messes with relationships, that's when it gets complicated and will make your life harder and messier. (So becarful with who you do it with, no best friends boyfriends or anything like that)

But if you know nothing's gonna come back to bite you later on and again you're being safe then don't let his opinion or anyone else's opinion on this site get you down.
It's horrible to beat yourself up over what he's called you. If you've had fun and you enjoy it then who are they to take away your happiness.
So yeh, have fun, do you but most importantly always be safe.
Original post by donutellme
I agree. The problem only comes if you start lying about it to potential partners.

She's going to have to lie. Anyone with any amount of self-respect and decency isn't going to take a girl that :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ed 11 guys at the of 17.
Original post by The_Herbivore
If someone sleeps with over 11 different people before the age of 18, they are a slut, male or female.

What if a person was just unfortunate with relationships and they were all really short term? Lets say 2-3 months per average.
I just think it's judgemental calling someone a slut without knowing their past?
Reply 287
No!! and there are never "too many" guys you should sleep with either! As long as everyone participating is of age, consenting, no illegal activity or harm is done and protection is used to prevent STIs and pregnancy then you should just go ahead and bang as many guys as you want, and that should be NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS BUT YOURS! Women are never fully allowed to have sexual freedom in our society without being slut shamed which is so IRRITATING because guys could have sex with 11 girls and be called a "champ" or a "sex god" this is just another example of double standards :colonhash: go be young and liberated and don't listen to those people putting you down for something you should not be ashamed of doing!
Original post by theDanIdentity
..11? before uni? wow.......... do your legs even close? do they know that they could do that? do you know?

(the answer you'd be looking for, would be 'yes'. yes, that's too many dudes..)

Raaaah..... allow you man, my heads spinning from this reply
It's fine. You're normal.

Don't let people shame you, just be happy.
Original post by Miss tiara
+1 to this

but you are still a young girl
Don't waste too much time on boys, focus on yourself.
Number 1 rule is make sure the person you're having sex with respects you! in my opinion it should only be with someone you know well enough, to know that they wouldn't do wrong to you.

And make sure you're being safe.

But don't you think her youth has been wasted on these guys? It's clear that a handful of them didn't respect her if they were only "one time things" I personally think she doesn't need to ask this question because she will either get people telling her to move on (which I agree with, I mean..you can't change the past and you don't have to go around telling people either unless it's a threat to them)
But most of the time she will be sitting here defending herself from society labellig her as...well something not exactly positive.

She needs to learn now ASAP otherwise when she gets to uni this thing won't stop and she will only feel even guiltier. Uni is a whole different ball game and sex is pretty inevitable.

I think that she had sex too young and this is what triggered sleeping with said number of guys. All you can do is adapt to it, accept it because you can't change it. If you really do want to change it then avoid one timers and FWBs and have patience
Original post by barnetlad
Given the time since the thread started it may now be 12 or more.

Fml.
Adopting a lifestyle of radical promiscuity whilst continuing to seek moral validation from one's peers would seem indicative of an unstable, dysfunctional and fundamentally insecure state of mind, so in your case: yes, it is.
Sexual experience is a good thing in my opinion.
Perhaps at 17 that's a high number - but as long as you are unattached and SAFE then there's nothing wrong with it.

You know if you asked question a year i would have probably of said yes.

But no, it doesn't matter how many people you've slept with.
As long as your are not hurting anyone or youself eg cheating on people then it okay.
It doesn't really matter, sometimes it takes a while to settle down and find the right one. Not harm in experimenting, it part of growing up i guess. If its not affecting anyone elses life then you do with you want to do.
I'm 17 and I've slept with 11 guys, some of them have been my exes and some just friends or one time things. my first time was at 15 and I've never thought that body count matters, but a few days ago one of my exes texted me because he found out that I was friends with his current girlfriend and he was so angry at this. Anyway he called me a whore and a **** and chuck and said how convenient for him it was that I'm such a ... honestly I laughed it off at first but that night and every night since all I've been doing is thinking about what he said and crying myself to sleep at night. I just need the honest truth? is it too many guys

A whore has sex for money. Presumably that is not you. A slut can be someone who has low cleanliness. I shall assume you shower, so I again presumably is not you. It can be derogatorily used for someone promiscuous and that really is relative. Presumably the guy is just as promiscuous as you, from your previous description so by his own definition he is also a slut, though he may chose to ignore it, as he is a male, in which case he could be considered a "sexist". I think as long as you, and any partner you chose to be with are okay with it - it is your choice!
uhh thats way too much...just keep yourself away from guy like that , u what someone that will loev you not ur body if ygm
babe 11 is alot and dont u want ur sex to be special with some one that u "love" and not someone that ur attracted to?
I'm 17 and I've slept with 11 guys, some of them have been my exes and some just friends or one time things. my first time was at 15 and I've never thought that body count matters, but a few days ago one of my exes texted me because he found out that I was friends with his current girlfriend and he was so angry at this. Anyway he called me a whore and a **** and chuck and said how convenient for him it was that I'm such a ... honestly I laughed it off at first but that night and every night since all I've been doing is thinking about what he said and crying myself to sleep at night. I just need the honest truth? is it too many guys
Original post by Katzen
She's going to have to lie. Anyone with any amount of self-respect and decency isn't going to take a girl that :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ed 11 guys at the of 17.

actually my current boyfriend doesn't mind at all :smile: not everyone is narrow minded
actually my current boyfriend doesn't mind at all :smile: not everyone is narrow minded

Not everyone is narr- Hey wait a minute! What are you trying to imply!?
Original post by Katzen

No, she's not going to have to lie. Just say the truth and she'll know that the person is not for her if he doesn't like it, and vice versa. There's no reason to be deceitful.

That's great then! You are both comfortable with each other's past and present and share the same opinion on this issue, so great.

Latest

Trending

Trending