The Student Room Group

UCAS adjustment

How likely is it that a University accepts someone who applied through adjustment?
Original post by reoshinwho
How likely is it that a University accepts someone who applied through adjustment?

It would vary massively from university to university and depend on how many places they had left.
Can you use adjustment if you want to stay with your firm choice Uni but just switch course?
Reply 3
Original post by Walkerscrisps1
Can you use adjustment if you want to stay with your firm choice Uni but just switch course?

No, you don't need to. You just ask the uni if you can change course
Original post by Juno
No, you don't need to. You just ask the uni if you can change course

I rang them recently and told them i wanted to do the same course but with the study abroad option. They said that because there are limited spaces they can't guarantee a switch at the moment. When would you recommend asking again? When I start there in September or before then?
Reply 5
I rang them recently and told them i wanted to do the same course but with the study abroad option. They said that because there are limited spaces they can't guarantee a switch at the moment. When would you recommend asking again? When I start there in September or before then?

It depends what you would want to do if you can't change course. If you're happy to do the old course then you can ask when you get there - because if they still say no, you're happy to continue.

If you ask on results day, they know if they have spaces for the new course. If they won't let you swap you could potentially find something else through Clearing. You could also then still ask later if necessary
Original post by Juno
It depends what you would want to do if you can't change course. If you're happy to do the old course then you can ask when you get there - because if they still say no, you're happy to continue.

If you ask on results day, they know if they have spaces for the new course. If they won't let you swap you could potentially find something else through Clearing. You could also then still ask later if necessary

I haven't actually picked my choices yet. So if i pick the three year course as my firm choice, I can ring the Uni on results day to see if they can switch me over?

P.S i'm stressing because I really want to get onto the Study Abroad. I might just have to wait a year to apply properly instead of just chancing it.
Reply 7
I haven't actually picked my choices yet. So if i pick the three year course as my firm choice, I can ring the Uni on results day to see if they can switch me over?

P.S i'm stressing because I really want to get onto the Study Abroad. I might just have to wait a year to apply properly instead of just chancing it.

Yes, you can call them on results day to see if they can change the course. The uni will know how many applicants met their offer for the study abroad course - if there are 10 places but only 9 applicants met their offer, the uni will know there is space for you.

If the uni doesn't have space, you can still decide not to go. You just tell the uni you're taking a gap year, and then remember to cancel your finance and accommodation.
Original post by Juno
Yes, you can call them on results day to see if they can change the course. The uni will know how many applicants met their offer for the study abroad course - if there are 10 places but only 9 applicants met their offer, the uni will know there is space for you.

If the uni doesn't have space, you can still decide not to go. You just tell the uni you're taking a gap year, and then remember to cancel your finance and accommodation.

Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending