The Student Room Group

What content did you cover in GCSE History?

I did GCSE History B.I did the 1920s,1930s American,Vietnam war and cold war.
World War One, and the Interwar Years (1919-1939), The Roaring Twenties for coursework, and the other paper was the development of Britain 1939 to 1975 (women, teenagers and/or Immigration)
The american west, medicine through time and surgery. My coursework was based on WW1 and WW2
Homefront during the First World War, the Suffragette movement, the Liberal reforms, the Vietnam War, Nazi Germany (coursework), the Cold War, 1920s America: was there a boom?, and perhaps some other stuff but that is all I can remember. :tongue:
Haven't finished it yet but:
- Anglo-Saxon & Norman England
- Crime & Punishment
- Superpower Relations & Cold War
- Weimar & Nazi Germany
Reply 5
Russia 1905-1941
Start of cold war and Berlin Blockade
Cuba Missile Crisis 1962
Vietnam war

PAPER 2:
Homefront in ww1
Suffrage movement
The liberal reforms.

We also did 1920's Germany for our coursework.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GCSE 9
The american west, medicine through time and surgery. My coursework was based on WW1 and WW2

What is medicine through time?and what is covered in amerian west?
pre-WW1, peacemaking, pre-WW2, 20s america, Hitler's germany, Vietnam war. Vietnam was the most interesting.
Reply 8
A union divided: America - 1945-1974;
A world divided: international relations between the years - 1919-1939;
The French Revolution; and Medicine through the years - 1845-1945

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous1502
What is medicine through time?and what is covered in amerian west?

Medicine through time is like: roman medicine, renaissance, 19th century medicine. Important people like louis pasteur, robert koch etc.

American west is the plains Indians and the homesteaders etc.
Medicine through time, Surgery and Britain 1800-1851 with Nazi Germany for coursework. Learning about Germany is so much better than Britain, don't know how I'm going to survive that exam

Quick Reply

Latest