The Student Room Group

Journey to GCSEs!

Hello, I've seen many students using these form of posts in order to motivate themselves and to keep a track of improvement. Subsequently, I will be using this thread for the same reasons!

Should anyone want to contribute revision tips or anything, that will obviously be appreciated.

My targets for GCSEs are:

English Literature: 7
English Language: 7
Mathematics: 8
Double Science IGCSE: AA
Religious Studies: A
History: A
Business Studies: A
Graphics: B
Resistant Materials: A

Thus:
1A*, 8As, 1B

In my mocks (February-Early March), I did better than expected, yet I believe that I can do better! My results were:

English Literature: 8 (Think the teacher was too lenient)
Religious Studies: A*
Resistant Materials: B

Thus:
3A*s, 5As, 2Bs

Moreover, I believe that I can achieve higher than my original targets for most subjects. These targets are somewhat realistic, yet I'd obviously prefer 10A*s but that's not going to happen :tongue: I'd be over the moon if I received the grades:

English Literature: 8
Double Science IGCSE: A*A
Business Studies: A*
Graphics: A
Resistant Materials: A*

This thread will be my mission and journey to these grades! For A-Levels, I intend to take Mathematics, Economics as well as Politics.

I believe that the subjects that I need to revise the most are the sciences, english as well as history!

Thanks for reading,

Dxvid

Scroll to see replies

9/4/2017

So far today, I've made this post, organised my maths revision as well as completed a maths past paper. I now intend to revise English Language, Biology as well as Chemistry. We'll see where I go from there!
Original post by dxvid
Hello, I've seen many students using these form of posts in order to motivate themselves and to keep a track of improvement. Subsequently, I will be using this thread for the same reasons!

Should anyone want to contribute revision tips or anything, that will obviously be appreciated.

My targets for GCSEs are:

English Literature: 7
Religious Studies: A
Resistant Materials: A

Thus:
1A*, 8As, 1B

In my mocks (February-Early March), I did better than expected, yet I believe that I can do better! My results were:

English Literature: 8 (Think the teacher was too lenient)
Resistant Materials: B

Thus:
3A*s, 5As, 2Bs

Moreover, I believe that I can achieve higher than my original targets for most subjects. These targets are somewhat realistic, yet I'd obviously prefer 10A*s but that's not going to happen :tongue: I'd be over the moon if I received the grades:

English Literature: 8
Double Science IGCSE: A*A
Business Studies: A*
Graphics: A
Resistant Materials: A*

This thread will be my mission and journey to these grades! For A-Levels, I intend to take Mathematics, Economics as well as Politics.

I believe that the subjects that I need to revise the most are the sciences, english as well as history!

Thanks for reading,

Dxvid

why cant you get 10A*s whats stopping you?
Original post by CraigBackner
why cant you get 10A*s whats stopping you?

I believe that some coursework has let me down, yet I will of course work as hard as I can in order to achieve so highly! By any chance, do you have any tips for revision? :smile:
Original post by dxvid
I believe that some coursework has let me down, yet I will of course work as hard as I can in order to achieve so highly! By any chance, do you have any tips for revision? :smile:

nah I don't have much, I just revise by making notes, transfer it to flashcards, go over them-remeber it and then do past papers. oh yeah DO PAST PAPERS
Original post by CraigBackner
nah I don't have much, I just revise by making notes, transfer it to flashcards, go over them-remeber it and then do past papers. oh yeah DO PAST PAPERS

Many thanks! Have a good afternoon
10/4/2017

So far today I have revised a chapter of RS and am almost finishing revising cells (Biology), making flash cards in the process. For the rest of the day, I'd like to look over 2 chapter of Physics, a chapter (or two) of Chemistry as well as English Literature. Have a good day all!
11/4/2017

This morning I created flash cards for all Forces topics (Physics), Fundamental Ideas of Chemistry as well as Crimes and their punishments in Britain across time. Additionally, I completed a maths past paper. For the rest of the evening, I plan to analyse a poem from my anthology, write flash cards with quotes from all 15 poems as well as complete and mark it.

Have a good evening all!
13/4/2017

Yesterday was quite unproductive, I managed to revise a few hours of Physics but that was about it. :s-smilie:

Today I intend to do:

- 1 Hour of Biology
- 1 Maths Revision
- 2 Hours of History
- 1.5 Hours of English Literature
14/4/2017

Once again, yesterday was full of procrastination. Despite of this, I learnt two key topics in maths which should increase my marks. Moreover, I went to Costa with a friend and revised History.

Today I intend to do:

- 1 Hour of Biology
- 2 Hours of History
- 2 Hours of English Literature
- 45 minutes of Business Studies
- 45 minutes of Religious Studies
- 30 minutes of Mathematics
- Finish my prefect application

Have a good day!
(edited 7 years ago)
15/4/2017

Today I intend to do:

- 1 Hour of Chemistry
- 3 Hours of History
- 1 Hour of Mathematics

Have a good day!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dxvid
15/4/2017

Today I intend to do:

- 1 Hour of Chemistry
- 3 Hours of History
- 1 Hour of Mathematics

Have a good day!
Hey, useful thread! What year are you in?
Original post by MartynaJP6
Hey, useful thread! What year are you in?

Hey! Year 11, how about yourself? :smile:
I'm currently in Year 10, but already stressing about GCSE, after all we are doing the new 9-1 system 😣😣
Original post by MartynaJP6
I'm currently in Year 10, but already stressing about GCSE, after all we are doing the new 9-1 system 😣😣

For that I am lucky, however, my first exam is in 30 days and I feel very unprepared! :s-smilie:
16/4/2017

Today I intend to do:

- 1 Hour of Chemistry
- 1 Hour of Biology
- 1 Hour of Physics
- 1 Hour of Mathematics
- 1 Page of Graphics coursework

Have a good day!

Did a Paper 1 and 2 of maths today, beat my record with 52 and 66 respectively. Still dropping silly marks though :frown: Should have got 70 in paper 2, but never mind.
(edited 7 years ago)
17/4/2017

Today I intend to do:

- 1 Hour of Biology
- 1 Hour of Physics
- 2 Hours of Mathematics
- 2 Hours of History

59 marks in the third maths paper, thus 177/240 which is my record but I need to improve! Really want to achieve over 190. Maybe next time
(edited 7 years ago)
18/4/2017

Today I intend to do:

- 1 Hour of Biology
- 1 Hour of Physics
- 2 Hours of Mathematics
(edited 7 years ago)
19/04/2017

Yesterday was very unproductive :frown:

Today I intend to do:

- 1 Hour of Physics
- 45 Minutes of Maths
- 45 Minutes of Business Studies
- 30 Minutes of Religious Studies
- 1.5 Hours of English Literature
- 1 Hour of Biology
- 45 Minutes of Maths
- 30 Minutes of Resistant Materials

Have a good day all!
(edited 7 years ago)
23/04/2017

Where has this weekend gone? I've spent quite a lot of time finishing off coursework which is due in tomorrow! Additionally, I have analysed all 15 of the poems from my anthology and written notes on it. I completed a past paper for each science and did well.

For the rest of this evening, I intend to:

- Make the final touches to my coursework
- Proofread my prefect application
- Make any improvements if necessary
- 1 Hour of Mathematics
- 1 Hour of English Literature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending