The Student Room Group

Do you revise/work when you are ill?

If you woke up feeling ill, would you attempt some work or would you just focus on getting better?
I cant revise properly if im ill, so I just do coursework(art) instead.
Depends on how ill.
having a bad cold and a headache?
Unknown.jpg
Original post by yesmynameis
If you woke up feeling ill, would you attempt some work or would you just focus on getting better?

nope no point revising if its not going to be worthwhile, but i do try to do some work like sorting out files
Reply 6
No. I cannot concentrate enough to study even with music in my hearing range, let alone when I am sick.
Sometimes. Depends really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Alright, half of you here don't even revise regardless of whether you're well or sick.
Reply 9

I WAS ill last week for 5 days ~ i didn't revise but that meant i got well quicker
Reply 10
I always try. And almost always end up being sick for longer as a result...but can't turn off those damn guilt thoughts!
Reply 11
That's the thing I'm starting to feel guilty already for not doing any work today :frown:

Original post by LucyJ81
I always try. And almost always end up being sick for longer as a result...but can't turn off those damn guilt thoughts!
Reply 13
That's the thing I'm starting to feel guilty already for not doing any work today :frown:

I'm sure the long term lesson in life will be to listen to your body, but until then, maybe try doing a little bit and if it's really not feasible that's how you'll know to give up!
Yes but not as much as I normally do.
I'm not well at the moment. I have a tumour on my thyroid and waiting for surgery to have it removed. It makes me slow, low mood and tire easily. I just get on with it. Got three assignments over the next month and then exams. It's that or not get through to my 3rd year.
Nope... i was sick 2 weeks ago and i couldn't do it, couldn't go to class,couldn't eat, all i could do was sleep and get up to go to the toilet. i couldn't revise. I usually dont revise at home so i couldn't get up and go to the library. Could however be me using "im sick" as an excuse to not do anything tho lol
having a bad cold and a headache?

My colds usually consist of exteme light sensitivity so it would be impossible to revise and do work. I usually have to sit under a blanket /wear sun glasses. Even then my eyes would be tearing.
Would I bxllocks - any excuse to justify a reason for not revising.
It depends.

If it's work, I don't shirk. It's got to be really serious before I ring in sick.

If its uni, I'll try to do some revision on some easier stuff so my brain can take it in. If there's plenty of time before assignment hand ins / exams, then I'll take my Lemsip and go back to bed. Missing a day or 2 won't hurt.

Quick Reply

Latest