Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by SGHD26716
KXIP fan. Hopefully we will win a game before we are eliminated

Yesssss me too, let's hope Maxwell does a bit better
Reply 61
Original post by Jazzy.J
Yesssss me too, let's hope Maxwell does a bit better

He's captain. We have the option of making the two time World T20 winning captain our captain or making the World T20 runner up captain but we choose Maxwell who has never captained in his life.
Let's go Punjab!!! After Gujarat, my favourite is Punjab. I would have love Sammy being captain. If it is Miller and Maxwell's season then we have a chance.
Original post by Samosa and Vada
I tell you it was a foolish decision to let play 4 openers and no Faulkner. I think Gujarat are not using him properly. I still remember he used to play great in Rajasthan royals. Additionally buying Jason Roy in the auction is beyond me, I mean why would you buy him when you already have Mccullum, Smith and Finch. Stupid!!! Seriously we can't win if our bowling line-up is so weak. Shivil Kaushik doesn't know where his ball turns and still they made him play yeasterday. Was only impressed by Karthik. Raina needs to stop looking for singles and doubles its not going to win you matches. Also feel like Finch needs to open I mean don't forget he was world no 1 batsman in t20s 5/6 months ago.

Yeah I think the team selection was horrible yesterday. Hopefully they've learnt their lesson now.
Kaushik's bowling was so so average yesterday and why Raina kept bowling him again and again is beyond me. Raina should have bowled a bit himself - no harm in giving it a try.

RCB is my first team, hope RCB can win today at home
Reply 64
KXIP beat Pune, posting 164-4 after Supergiant made 163-6. Sandeep Sharma clean bowled Agarwal for a four-ball duck, before Smith and Rahane fell for 19 and 26 respectively, Stoinis catching the latter off Natarajan, after he had Smith caught by Vohra. Sandeep returned to remove Christian, caught by Maxwell, and Stokes made a half-century before he was caught and bowled by Patel. Dhoni fell to the same method, only by Singh. In reply, Maxwell nailed 44 unbeaten, sparking the eighth consecutive defeat after batting first for Rising Pune Supergiant in the IPL.

KXIP strangled the innings - 8 out of the 20 overs saw them conceded less than five runs - and despite Tahir being Rising Pune's biggest threat with the ball, picking up two wickets and conceding only 14 runs, they just didn't have enough. Tahir clean bowled Saha for 14 (interestingly, Vohra fell for the same number - to Dinda, via a Tiwary catch) and returned to catch and bowl Patel for 24. The other wicket to fall was Amla, caught by Stokes off Chahar.

It was Punjab's bowlers -Sandeep Sharma and Mohit Sharma - in particular that restricted the powerful Pune batting unit to just 163, which made the job easier for their batsmen later on. Sandeep struck from his fifth ball by rattling Agarwal's stumps, and the early wicket pegged Steven Smith and Rahane on the back foot and they took the cautious approach. Mohit found the leading edge from Rahane's bat from the second ball of the fourth over, but Manan Vohra dropped him. Rahane made amends and smashed Mohit for a six and a four in the same over. Sandeep conceded 11 runs in the fifth over but the duo had ensured that Pune managed just 32 in the first five overs. Sandeep ended with figures of 2 for 33 and Mohit none for 34 in his four overs.

I'm not a big man of The Big Show (Maxwell) but he bounced back from a disappointing 2016 (179 runs at 19.88, with only two fifties) today. When he walked out to bat, Kings XI had just lost two wickets in five balls, and needed 79 from 53 balls, with seven wickets in hand. When batting first in 2016, he averaged a mere 3.83, scoring his runs at a strike rate of 82.14, and only managing 23 runs in seven innings. While chasing, though, he had made 156 runs in four innings at 52.00 and a strike rate of 162.50. But he was just awesome against the short ball today, scoring 20 off five legal balls, hitting two of them for four and two for six. The only two bowlers to dismiss Maxwell three times in the IPL are both legspinners - Chawla and Mishra. Tahir, meanwhile, had dismissed Maxwell twice before this match. In this game, though, Maxwell smashed both legspinners, scoring 27 off 12 balls against Tahir and Chahar.

Tomorrow, Mumbai vs KKR, and the hosts will be buoyed by Malinga, who warmed up for the IPL with a hat-trick against Bangladesh. His addition will strengthen an attack that took only three wickets and could not defend 184 against Pune last time out, but they will be without Rayudu, who may be replaced by Tiwary. Gunaratne also joined the Mumbai squad, although he may not start. Harbhajan Singh is a more likely inclusion, given Lynn's explosivity. KKR can bank on Shakib joining them, and Yadav's unavailability will make them look towards Ankit Rajpoot as a domestic pace option. In the 2016 IPL, spinners struck 16 times at Wankhede Stadium at an average of 20.12 and economy rate of seven, compared to the pacers' average of 34.30 while taking 26 wickets with an economy rate of 8.52, meaning KKR may look to deploy three spinners.

In the other game, Sunrisers face Gujarat, who will look to recover from a hammering vs KKR. Five of six bowlers used went at more than 10 an over. Their economy rates in the Powerplays and slog overs - 6.83 in the former, 8.73 in the latter - were the best in the 2016 IPL and they have some fantastic bowlers, namely their first-choice strike bowlers, who shared 75 of the 80 wickets they claimed last term. Mustafizur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Nehra and Jordan is an attack to be reckoned with.

Sunrisers have an over-reliance on David Warner and Shikhar Dhawan, too, with the pair scoring more than 50% of their total runs. Warner is coming in in poor form, but I think Sunrisers have the right balance. They’ve boosted their spin attack and let go Eoin Morgan and Trent Boult, alongside four others. The signing of three spinners, two of them Associate players, Rashid (who has been playing in India since the start of March - three T20Is, five ODIs and a four-day game for Afghanistan against Ireland and has taken 33 wickets in nine innings across formats) and Nabi, is refreshing. Gujarat, meanwhile, will look to deploy Tye or Faulkner, with Bravo and Ravindra Jadeja still unavailable due to injuries.

Sunrisers are the only side Lions are yet to beat in the IPL. In 2016, Lions scored at a run-rate of 7.05 against Sunrisers, which is considerably lower than the 8.34 they have managed across all their matches against all other teams. Among the 20 bowlers who have bowled more than 30 balls to David Warner in the IPL, Kulkarni is the only one to have conceded less than five an over. Kulkarni averaged 16.12 against left-handers and Bhuvneshwar 17.57 against right-handers in IPL 2016, which gives Sunrisers excellent options for whichever style of batsman Lions use at the top.

I'm intrigued to see how Cutting's season plays out. He is a bits and pieces cricketer - averaging 20s with the bat and 30s with the ball - but he took a key run-out last time out and helped overcome the RCB total in the chase. His overall figures (3.4-0-35-1), though, looked less impressive and he was similarly expensive in this year's Big Bash, conceding runs at 9.92 an over, the worst among all Brisbane Heat bowlers who had bowled at least 10 overs. But he was the team's joint-third highest wicket-taker with nine strikes in nine games. Mustafizur will likely be deployed when he's fit, so Cutting needs to impress.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yaass RCB win! :biggrin: Great match... low scoring thrillers are always the best
Reply 66
Great win for RCB, who posted 157-8 before removing Delhi for 142-9. Morris claimed 3-21, bowling both Negi and Mills for single figures and having Gayle caught by Samson for 6. Khan chipped in with 2-31, removing Jadhav for 69 and Binny for 16, caught by Morris and Billings respectively. Cummins clean bowled Mandeep for 12, and Vid was run out for 9. In response, Daredevils needed 21 off the final two overs but Watson conceded two runs off the penultimate over, and Pawan Negi allowed just three runs off the final over.

RCB looked dodgy when they were sent to 55 for 3 in the ninth over, and they were left thinking their total was under-par after a whopping seventeen of Chris Morris' 24 deliveries were dot balls. The last four overs yielded just 23, but they had enough. Stanlake claimed 2-29, bowling Nair for 4 and having Samson caught by Binny, while Negi and Abdulla claimed 2-3 (yes, really) and 2-36, the former catching and bowling Nadeem, and clean bowling Pant for 57, while the latter dismissed Morris LBW for 4 and had Billings caught by Stanlake for 25. Chahal, Mills and Watson all picked up a wicket each, Brathwaite for 1, Tare for 18, and Cummins for 6 (all bowled).

Jadhav produced a blinder after they were 74 for 3 in 12 overs, though, and he accelerated after he realised was going at a strike rate of under 100. He took Mishra for 24 runs in one over, and this was Jadhav's highest IPL score, and only his third fifty in the tournament. Mishra is the second-highest wicket-taker in the IPL, but has now gone wicket-less in his last five matches against RCB - and Jadhav, against his former side, compounded that.
(edited 7 years ago)
KKR #1
Original post by angry bird
kkr #1

mi patan & scuderia ferrari ftw
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
Great win for RCB, who posted 157-8 before removing Delhi for 142-9. Morris claimed 3-21, bowling both Negi and Mills for single figures and having Gayle caught by Samson for 6. Khan chipped in with 2-31, removing Jadhav for 69 and Binny for 16, caught by Morris and Billings respectively. Cummins clean bowled Mandeep for 12, and Vid was run out for 9. In response, Daredevils needed 21 off the final two overs but Watson conceded two runs off the penultimate over, and Pawan Negi allowed just three runs off the final over.

RCB looked dodgy when they were sent to 55 for 3 in the ninth over, and they were left thinking their total was under-par after a whopping seventeen of Chris Morris' 24 deliveries were dot balls. The last four overs yielded just 23, but they had enough. Stanlake claimed 2-29, bowling Nair for 4 and having Samson caught by Binny, while Negi and Abdulla claimed 2-3 (yes, really) and 2-36, the former catching and bowling Nadeem, and clean bowling Pant for 57, while the latter dismissed Morris LBW for 4 and had Billings caught by Stanlake for 25. Chahal, Mills and Watson all picked up a wicket each, Brathwaite for 1, Tare for 18, and Cummins for 6 (all bowled).

Jadhav produced a blinder after they were 74 for 3 in 12 overs, though, and he accelerated after he realised was going at a strike rate of under 100. He took Mishra for 24 runs in one over, and this was Jadhav's highest IPL score, and only his third fifty in the tournament. Mishra is the second-highest wicket-taker in the IPL, but has now gone wicket-less in his last five matches against RCB - and Jadhav, against his former side, compounded that.

So annoyed I couldnt watch the DD innings but I felt that RCB seriously underscored their innings.
Yoo any Mumbai Indians fans out here!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Yoo any Mumbai Indian fans out here!!!

Im Marathi (familia mainly from ratnagiri) so MI is technically my home team.

lemme guess: Rohit fan?
Reply 72
Tough match for Mumbai tomorrow, I feel, with KKR in great form. Among teams that have faced each other at least ten times in the IPL, Mumbai's 13-5 record against KKR is the best (by win-loss ratio), but they are overreliant on Sharma, who has scored 25.50% of Mumbai's runs in the eight wins he has featured in against Knight Riders. Their top order is a worry, too. Mumbai have the lowest average (18) for opening stands, using six pairs, since the beginning of 2016. Knight Riders have the best (50), after utilising only two pairs. Simmons, who did not play Mumbai's first match, has the highest average in the IPL (47.10). As opener, he is only behind Virat Kohli's average of 58.11, so Indians will be licking their lips to get him back.

In the 2016 IPL, spinners struck 16 times at Wankhede Stadium at an average of 20.12 and economy rate of seven, compared to the pacers' average of 34.30 while taking 26 wickets with an economy rate of 8.52.
Original post by Mackay
Tough match for Mumbai tomorrow, I feel, with KKR in great form. Among teams that have faced each other at least ten times in the IPL, Mumbai's 13-5 record against KKR is the best (by win-loss ratio), but they are overreliant on Sharma, who has scored 25.50% of Mumbai's runs in the eight wins he has featured in against Knight Riders. Their top order is a worry, too. Mumbai have the lowest average (18) for opening stands, using six pairs, since the beginning of 2016. Knight Riders have the best (50), after utilising only two pairs. Simmons, who did not play Mumbai's first match, has the highest average in the IPL (47.10). As opener, he is only behind Virat Kohli's average of 58.11, so Indians will be licking their lips to get him back.

In the 2016 IPL, spinners struck 16 times at Wankhede Stadium at an average of 20.12 and economy rate of seven, compared to the pacers' average of 34.30 while taking 26 wickets with an economy rate of 8.52.

was curious why he wasn't playing (as well as malinga and mitch -please enlighten as I have no ides why minus malinga)
Gujarat Lions. #GameMariChe.
Gujarat Batting first / Hyderabad Batting second.

Gujarat have scored 40/2 in the powerplay and lost McCullum for 5 runs after 10 deliveries, Jason Roy scored 31 runs of 21 balls. It is currently Suresh Raina and Aaron Finch at the crease with both players scoring 1 run during the 6th over.
(edited 7 years ago)
well that was fun (for me, not so much for gujrat supporters).

SRH trounced gujarat with 9 wickets and 3.5 overs to spare (in fairness SRH could have wrapped it up 2 overs earlier and warner / henriques were just probably prolonging the match for the fans)

warner and Henrique's both got half centuries (warner 74 from 45 not out, henriques 52 not out) and dhawan only got 9.

the 18 year old afghan player Rashid Khan deservedly got man of the match (and the purple cap) for getting 3-19 in 4 overs (average economy so far is 4 runs per over in the tournament) and his scalps were McCullum, Raina and Finch, as well as scoring a rumour on Dinesh Karthik.

Next match (today vs KKR and for Hyderabad on Wednesday) is MI in wankhedewhich should be interesting
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 77
Wow. Fair play to Pant. Just read his father died earlier this week, and for a 20-year-old to recover from that and post 57 yesterday vs RCB was just exceptional. He was outdone by Jadhav, who continued his good form with 60+. He treated Mishra with disdain. He was particularly impressive in his most recent outing, the ODIs against England. He amassed 232 runs in three games, at 144.09, and bagged the Player-of-the-Series award. In the first ODI, he walked out to bat at 63 for 4 in front of his home crowd in Pune and completed a century in a 351-run chase. He followed it up with a 75-ball 90 in Kolkata. What a player.

Elsewhere, Sunrisers beat Gujarat by nine wickets after Warner and Henriques, 76 and 52 unbeaten respectively, got them to 140-1 after Dhawan fell to Kumar, via a B-Mac catch. The chase was aced straightforwardly, with Rashid Khan claiming 3-19 (trapping B-Mac, Raina and Finch LBW), and Kumar posted 2-21, having Roy caught by Dhawan for 21, and Smith caught for 37. Karthik made 30 before Ojha snaffled him from Nehra, and Kulkarni was run out by Rashid as the Lions ended 135-7. Sunrisers cruised to their second comfortable victory, with nine wickets in hand and 27 balls to spare. The Lions' 136 was their second-lowest first-innings total. With the ball, they've taken just one wicket in two games. Warner struck a 45-ball 76, going past 1000 IPL runs.

Rashid was excellent. He has bowled 546 deliveries in T20 internationals, but only six were in the Powerplay until this IPL. Rashid, like Tahir, fires in the ball at the stumps - and he removed McCullum, Finch and Suresh Raina. He trapped them all in front. This was the first time a bowler had taken three lbw(s) in an IPL innings. This was also the first time a bowler had taken all three of McCullum, Finch and Raina out in the same innings. 23/24 balls Rashid bowled ended up either on the stumps or just outside off. Rashid and Tahir now have the joint-highest wickets this IPL - 5, but Rashid - who has 61 T20 wickets either bowled or lbw and has taken 23 T20 wickets this year, joint-highest with Sunil Narine, has a better economy.
(edited 7 years ago)
@Mackay

even though this is a WWE question, how excited are you about the King of Strongstyle finally being on the main roster?
Reply 79
What a shambolic final over

Quick Reply

Latest