The Student Room Group

WJEC Information & Communication Technology IT3 (LEGACY) 1243/01 - 16 Jun 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AA923
Ohhh yeah thanks !!! And btw i noticed on ur website that there were a possible of 12. Past papers we could do to revise .. how many tomes do u think each past paper should be repeated

Ideally, they should be done two or three times if you can set aside the time to do them.

Place greater emphasis on the more recent papers (2011-2016) as these contain the most likely questions. Anything before 2011 is a little hit and miss b/c the older papers tend to have sh*t mark schemes also the accepted answers have changed a little over time.
Reply 181
Original post by PedanticStudent
Ideally, they should be done two or three times if you can set aside the time to do them.

Place greater emphasis on the more recent papers (2011-2016) as these contain the most likely questions. Anything before 2011 is a little hit and miss b/c the older papers tend to have sh*t mark schemes also the accepted answers have changed a little over time.

Ohh okay what about for for AS ICT?
Original post by AA923
Ohh okay what about for for AS ICT?

Same thing really.
Should we make a test for each of the topics?
Original post by alevellife123

Whether that would help is specific to you.

There is surely no harm in doing so, but consider that going through the papers may indeed work just as well (given that you do all papers 2011-16 anyway)

Producing 'tests' for each topic could help you to organise yourself more effectively however.

Your decision really, whatever works for you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevellife123

It would be great if someone makes a test for the AS topics as I am familiar with the A2 stuff really more than I am with the AS content.
Original post by ahsank98
It would be great if someone makes a test for the AS topics as I am familiar with the A2 stuff really more than I am with the AS content.

This might sort of be what you are looking for. I didn't lift out literally every question like I did with the IT3, but rather only the unique questions ie: if Question A appeared in one paper then I would not use that Question A from another paper again in a given pack.

I only have Topics 1 - 8 as last year, I didn't finish the course until very late in the year and as a result, I simply just went to papers after Topic 8 and scraped up 9+ that way.

I'm sure you guys can put together the rest of them, there's like 3 more topics I think?

I would make the rest but I am fortunately not resitting and I hate that IT1 with a passion. :h:
This might sort of be what you are looking for. I didn't lift out literally every question like I did with the IT3, but rather only the unique questions ie: if Question A appeared in one paper then I would not use that Question A from another paper again in a given pack.

I only have Topics 1 - 8 as last year, I didn't finish the course until very late in the year and as a result, I simply just went to papers after Topic 8 and scraped up 9+ that way.

I'm sure you guys can put together the rest of them, there's like 3 more topics I think?

I would make the rest but I am fortunately not resitting and I hate that IT1 with a passion. :h:

Would have been better if there was model answers for each questions, but thanks anyway.
Would have been better if there was model answers for each questions, but thanks anyway.

Just use the mark scheme, that's all I had when I did it. Not once was I shown a model answer last year.

The mark schemes do give an answer with an example too so just learn those?
(Also think that was a bit rude of you seeing as he's giving us all help with everything but whatever)
Reply 190
[QUOTE="lemonandlime1;70874746"]The mark schemes do give an answer with an example too so just learn those?
(Also think that was a bit rude of you seeing as he's giving us all help with everything but whatever)[/QUOTE

Yeah i agree, i would apologise if i were you
Original post by lemonandlime1
(Also think that was a bit rude of you seeing as he's giving us all help with everything but whatever)

Original post by AA923

Yeah i agree, i would apologise if i were you

Haha thanks my dudes lmao.

Yeah I didn't know whether it was just me being sensitive but he did come off as a little bit rude there.

I don't really care, He doesn't need to apologise, some people are just entitled.
Reply 192
Haha thanks my dudes lmao.

Yeah I didn't know whether it was just me being sensitive but he did come off as a little bit rude there.

I don't really care, He doesn't need to apologise, some people are just entitled.

Forget him.

Are we going to put together a predictions paper !??
Original post by AA923
Forget him.

Are we going to put together a predictions paper !??

I might do one for IT3 this coming week if I get the time. Likely do it tomorrow before my business revision really kicks off.
Do list any questions you personally think may be there. I have a lot of ideas after a lengthy gaze into my crystal ball.
Reply 194
I might do one for IT3 this coming week if I get the time. Likely do it tomorrow before my business revision really kicks off.
Do list any questions you personally think may be there. I have a lot of ideas after a lengthy gaze into my crystal ball.

Lool good luck for business. I have been ill a few days so no revision at all and i need to start getting back into rhythm.. but i still feel that i don't remember anything from IT3🤔
Original post by AA923
Lool good luck for business. I have been ill a few days so no revision at all and i need to start getting back into rhythm.. but i still feel that i don't remember anything from IT3🤔

Thanks. Yes it's just a case of practice practice practice keeping it up consistently, repeating again and again. It will sink in eventually.

It is important to note that memorisation is the most intense 'revision' process... far more intense than simply going over stuff you already know.

As a result of this, don't work for too long at a time. Work hard for about 45 minutes then have a 10-15 minute break and just keep repeating it.

If you go hard for too long your brain will just turn to mush and refuse to consolidate any information.

The length of time each of us can go before the above happens varies from person to person, but you will 'learn your mind' so to speak. You will feel when nothing is going in; and when that happens, it's time to step away for a little bit and come back feeling fresh.
Original post by lemonandlime1

Hey, sorry I don't mean to be rude its just that I find some of the stuff hard for IT1, but what has helped me to improve my grades is by using model answers to prepare myself to answer exam questions which has made me improve.
Sorry to cause any problems.

It's fine you don't have model answers for IT1, I will try to manage it myself then which I probably could.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 197
Thanks. Yes it's just a case of practice practice practice keeping it up consistently, repeating again and again. It will sink in eventually.

It is important to note that memorisation is the most intense 'revision' process... far more intense than simply going over stuff you already know.

As a result of this, don't work for too long at a time. Work hard for about 45 minutes then have a 10-15 minute break and just keep repeating it.

If you go hard for too long your brain will just turn to mush and refuse to consolidate any information.

The length of time each of us can go before the above happens varies from person to person, but you will 'learn your mind' so to speak. You will feel when nothing is going in; and when that happens, it's time to step away for a little bit and come back feeling fresh.

Yeah i understand but i have negativity in le so even if i would remeber something i would say i dont.. i dunno why.
Yesterday i did a paper and my wrist was struggling through the paper anyone else got the same problem?
Original post by AA923
Yeah i understand but i have negativity in le so even if i would remeber something i would say i dont.. i dunno why.
Yesterday i did a paper and my wrist was struggling through the paper anyone else got the same problem?

Yeah my hand usually hurts after about an hour and a half. Just don't press down as hard with the pen and consider switching to a more ergonomic pen, for example, one with a rubber grip on it.

The more you write, the less your hand will suffer when doing the papers

Don't use gel pens or non-black ink in the exam though as the scripts are scanned for IT3.
Reply 199
Yeah im using a black ball point lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending