The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art 2017 applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carlodelmazo
hi guys, I had my interview yesterday, I was talking to my friends about how was my interview and thought, well I will do a video so you can see also how it went and what kind of thing they usually ask.

Was a fun interview I will say, my perspective is they are really the best and I do really wish with all my heart to get there, they are looking for a really good designers, but will see, everything is finished now and only have to wait.

[video]https://youtu.be/eXIGNDINMcI[/video]

All the best man!
Original post by Pt__gw
Hey don't be surprised. I had my interview for Painting on 18th Jan.
Haha it takes such a long time.
Actually I almost gave up hearing back from them.

Did you write them any mails? I have a few places I need to apply for funding but they need a confirmation obviously and those funding organisations have a deadline which is just about to end.
Reply 142
Original post by e__s
Ohh I misread your previous comment I thought you had got in, 10 weeks is crazy!!
Well I hope we hear something by next week. Fingers crossed!

Yes! Thanks.
And later, Let me know when you hear any news from RCA.

Well So do I. I hope we all get in and meet there soon. Bless u and good luck to us.
@Pt__gw How long have you been waiting for a notification from RCA?
Reply 144
Original post by Kiri_Royale
@Pt__gw How long have you been waiting for a notification from RCA?

10 weeks exactly. So exhausted now. Are you wating for this as well?
Reply 145
Hey everyone!
I contacted with the student services last week for the interview results. This can be specific to IDE, but they told me the results will be send out through 12th April. I think it depends on the department and how they process the application. It may take more time compared to others.
Original post by erke
Hey everyone!
I contacted with the student services last week for the interview results. This can be specific to IDE, but they told me the results will be send out through 12th April. I think it depends on the department and how they process the application. It may take more time compared to others.

What if I have a scholarship deadline before april 12?
Original post by Pt__gw
10 weeks exactly. So exhausted now. Are you wating for this as well?

Yeah, I've been waiting for about few weeks as well. I hope we will find out next week.
Reply 148
Hi!

I gave my interview for the Animation program on 21st March. Has anyone heard when the results would be out? Haven't heard anything as yet.
Original post by Ank_ita
Hi!

I gave my interview for the Animation program on 21st March. Has anyone heard when the results would be out? Haven't heard anything as yet.

Hello! I applied to the Animation programme as well. But I applied late, so I haven't heard back from them yet. What kind of questions did they ask for the interview?
Reply 150
Original post by Kiri_Royale
Hello! I applied to the Animation programme as well. But I applied late, so I haven't heard back from them yet. What kind of questions did they ask for the interview?

They asked me a few general questions about my portfolio why I wanted to join the program. They also asked me about how I was going to fund my education as there are no scholarships or grants for international students. The interview wasn't very long, and it was over skype.
Reply 151
hey . i applied for the ma painting to . have they send anything yet ? i am still waiting
Reply 152
Original post by Pt__gw
Hello, there!

I applied for 'Painting' of RCA, and now waiting for the final offer letter for 1 month.

Is there anybody who applied for Painting like me?

I had the skype interview on January, but I haven't hear back anything until now.

If you know about how long it will takes for the final decision after the interview, plz let me know.

Thx!

hey .i ve applied to for ma painting. Did you have any reply yet ? iamstillwaitnig
Reply 153
Original post by ska19
hey .i ve applied to for ma painting. Did you have any reply yet ? iamstillwaitnig

Still wating here as well.
When did you have your interview?
I had it on 18th Jan.
has anyone applied to FASHION MA?
got accepted in product design division.
Reply 156
Original post by Pt__gw
Yes! Thanks.
And later, Let me know when you hear any news from RCA.

Well So do I. I hope we all get in and meet there soon. Bless u and good luck to us.

Original post by ska19
hey . i applied for the ma painting to . have they send anything yet ? i am still waiting

Hi I got an offer, spent two days to re read the email and it's still real and there :tongue: so i guess i can let you know now. I hope we all get to meet this September!!
Reply 157
Original post by tourmalinee
I was offered an informal place for GID, still waiting on the letter/official info. So excited!
I'll be coming from the US, so also looking at where to live in London. Any recs welcome!

First of all, huge congrats on your acceptance! :smile: You must feel great. I just found out that I'm on the reserve list, so I've got to wait until the accepts are finalized, eek. If you dont mind, when you're supposed to confirm back with them by?

One of my good friends got accepted off the reserve list in 2015, although they told her 1 WEEK before the program start date?! Which seems completely insane.... hope this year's time table is better so I can have some peace of mind heh
is there anyone sitll waiting to hear from the fashion department? i had my interview back in early march...

im getting very stressed0 is anyone else still waiting?
Original post by annab1992
has anyone heard from ma womenswear? i know someone who got a rejection. but personally, i applied on 23rd jan and i havent heard ANYTHING

Hey i was just wondering if you ever heard anything from the fashion department? i had my interview in early March and still not heard- have you?

and can i ask do they email rejections?

any reply would be great thanks- im freaking out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending