The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
oh i am!
Original post by chianca
oh i am!

Gr8! So you're gonna start Year 12 as well?
Reply 3
yup!
Original post by chianca
yup!

Glad to know you then! I'm an international boarder, and you? :biggrin:
Reply 5
I am too! So where are you from?
Original post by chianca
I am too! So where are you from?

What a coincidence lol
I'm from Hong Kong :smile:
Reply 7
oh my gosh me too this is so weird haha
Whaaaaaat? OMG :cool:
This is kinda scary now lol
Reply 9
hahahaha I know but lots of people from hk go to qe or cardiff sixth form so idk
Right >W< Did you apply for QE from Global Education Group? Cuz if so we will meet soon XD
Reply 11
no, I applied through britannia study link :/
I'm from mainland.And I will go to QE this September too.
I found the A-Level statistics in detail from my guardian.
But I also heard some negative comments about QE.
Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 20.42.21.png
And I really doubt why the college had just 6 students who got places in Oxbridge.
Ps. you'd better book the flight ticket early.
And there are so many students from both mainland and hk enter QE each year. I just finished oxford english test in no more than half an hour, the logic exam was also such an easy exam. After getting my IELTS score, I received the offer so quickly. It was so 'unbelievably easy' that I doubted whether the college was not an 'excellent' school as they said. Do you think so?
Original post by chianca
no, I applied through britannia study link :/

Oh, what a bummer :frown: Still, nice to know you :smile:
Original post by Action Potential
And there are so many students from both mainland and hk enter QE each year. I just finished oxford english test in no more than half an hour, the logic exam was also such an easy exam. After getting my IELTS score, I received the offer so quickly. It was so 'unbelievably easy' that I doubted whether the college was not an 'excellent' school as they said. Do you think so?

Well, to others the test might not seem so easy. At least to me the aptitude test is a little difficult. The English test was fairly easy though tbh.
About the school's "excellence", I honestly don't know... according to my own experience every academically excellent school is a "jail". As for the staff, tbh, don't expect too much from teachers. Sometimes we just have to learn ourselves :frown:
Reply 16
oh well i'll see you at the school in september then!
Original post by KillerPaws
Well, to others the test might not seem so easy. At least to me the aptitude test is a little difficult. The English test was fairly easy though tbh.
About the school's "excellence", I honestly don't know... according to my own experience every academically excellent school is a "jail". As for the staff, tbh, don't expect too much from teachers. Sometimes we just have to learn ourselves :frown:

LOL, I have finished AS further mathematics and biology. Honestly speaking, I doubt QE's real ability because 29 students in Brighton College have got offer from Oxbridge last year even it's A Level statistic is a little bit lower than QE's. Sometimes I worry about wasting a full year in the school as well as the expensive fees.
I wish we would have a nice experience in QE.
Besides, I will fly to Manchester on Sep.2,at 1:00 am in HK airport, will you take the same flight?
Original post by Action Potential
LOL, I have finished AS further mathematics and biology. Honestly speaking, I doubt QE's real ability because 29 students in Brighton College have got offer from Oxbridge last year even it's A Level statistic is a little bit lower than QE's. Sometimes I worry about wasting a full year in the school as well as the expensive fees.
I wish we would have a nice experience in QE.
Besides, I will fly to Manchester on Sep.2,at 1:00 am in HK airport, will you take the same flight?

Let's hope we'll have a nice experience then :smile:
I haven't booked my ticket yet, so idk :tongue: Will book it ASAP
currently studying there, PM me if you have any questions.

Latest