The Student Room Group

Will the university change their decision if a rejection has been given out ?

I have been rejected by Warwick which is the one I really want to go, for the BSc Economics and Industrial Organisation. I was very surprised and disappointed. My predicted grades are A*AA and 6A* ,4A and 2B from my GCSE , I believed that is good enough to get an offer but they don't think so. It may be my As result ( high A in Economics, high B in Maths. and Biology ) or my personal statement and this is only one course different from others ( other 4 universities were applied for BSc Economics and Management ). So should I contact them to get the feedback ? And will ( can ) the university change their decision ?
Original post by percyl
I have been rejected by Warwick which is the one I really want to go, for the BSc Economics and Industrial Organisation. I was very surprised and disappointed. My predicted grades are A*AA and 6A* ,4A and 2B from my GCSE , I believed that is good enough to get an offer but they don't think so. It may be my As result ( high A in Economics, high B in Maths. and Biology ) or my personal statement and this is only one course different from others ( other 4 universities were applied for BSc Economics and Management ). So should I contact them to get the feedback ? And will ( can ) the university change their decision ?

contact for feedback by all means but I have never heard of any universities retracting their decisions, I'm sorry
Original post by percyl

Don't think so.
I don't think most unis give individual feedback most of the time anyway because there are too many applicants that are rejected that they can't comment on each one and provide feedback (I'd think)
But Warwick might, I don't know; email them and check.
Sorry about the rejection though.
You cna ask. No idea if they will give any. Predicted grades are only that and perhaps it was your PS that counted against you?
Your next target has to be to get the grades and then see if its possible they have any spots in clearing or take a gap and reapply.
Reply 4
Thanks for all comments. I have done the TSA for the Oxford application but now I had lost all my confidence even to get the interview because of Warwick's rejection.:frown:
Original post by percyl
Thanks for all comments. I have done the TSA for the Oxford application but now I had lost all my confidence even to get the interview because of Warwick's rejection.:frown:

Hey @percyl

I wouldn't be too disheartened as you have a very good set of grades behind you. There is no harm in trying to contact the admissions tutor at Warwick for your course to discuss some feedback. It is generally down to the discretion of the admissions tutor to except/deny your application so you never know what might happen after a chat! - At the very least you will be able to understand why you were initially rejected and work around it in the future.

Jack
Reply 6
Original post by The University of Buckingham
Hey @percyl

I wouldn't be too disheartened as you have a very good set of grades behind you. There is no harm in trying to contact the admissions tutor at Warwick for your course to discuss some feedback. It is generally down to the discretion of the admissions tutor to except/deny your application so you never know what might happen after a chat! - At the very least you will be able to understand why you were initially rejected and work around it in the future.

Jack

Thanks for your advice, I will try.
Reply 7
I went for a univesirty interview but didn't pass .The reason is that I didn't have enough time to prepare my interview because of depression of loosing my job an also my son was very ill.I tried to call the tutor but she didn't pick up her phone . Can anyone have any idea of solving my case.

Regards

Tino
Hi there,

Well, not entirely the same but in 2010 Edge Hill rejected me in the February. Then come the beginning of September I got an email saying that my UCAS Track had changed and it had changed from Unsuccessful to an Unconditional offer. Not in the same league as Warwick I know but I didn't contact them or do anything and they changed it at the last minute. Maybe didn't have enough applicants even after clearing?

It is possible! Maybe? :biggrin:
I was rejected by Bristol post-interview for Medicine last April, and then in June they decided to put me on their waiting list and then when I got my A-Levels they gave me an unconditional offer. But I suppose that's not a rare thing to happen for courses like Medicine, Dentistry etc.
Original post by milutin767
I was rejected by Bristol post-interview for Medicine last April, and then in June they decided to put me on their waiting list and then when I got my A-Levels they gave me an unconditional offer. But I suppose that's not a rare thing to happen for courses like Medicine, Dentistry etc.

hmm did you accept another offer when you got rejected? did you accept the bristol unconditional in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest