The Student Room Group

BDO school leaver programme 2017.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Chedders01
What sort of feedback did they give you on that question?
the

Well I knew as soon as I answered the question that I didn't really read the question properly, so they told me to read carefully and give more insight
Original post by Reafad
the

Well I knew as soon as I answered the question that I didn't really read the question properly, so they told me to read carefully and give more insight

Oh haha well you still passed
Original post by Reafad
the

How was your assessment day? You received a response yet?
Original post by 061298
How was your assessment day? You received a response yet?

How long did it take for you to get a date for the AC? Its been two weeks since i received an email to say I pass the video interview and nothing since.
Original post by Ammmaaaraah
How long did it take for you to get a date for the AC? Its been two weeks since i received an email to say I pass the video interview and nothing since.

It's been 5 weeks for me and I still haven't received my date, which is why I was surprised that ^ reafad had his on Wednesday for the same role and locations as me. I phoned them up 2 weeks ago and they told me that they'll give me a date by the end of the week. So I'll phone them up again on Monday.
Original post by 061298
It's been 5 weeks for me and I still haven't received my date, which is why I was surprised that ^ reafad had his on Wednesday for the same role and locations as me. I phoned them up 2 weeks ago and they told me that they'll give me a date by the end of the week. So I'll phone them up again on Monday.

Oh thats weird. I emailed them last week too as I couldn't speak to the guy when he called me asking them to phone me back but i've had no response for that either. Have you applied to any other school leaver schemes?
Yh I've applied to other audit programmes, however BDO is definitely my first choice.
Original post by 061298
Yh I've applied to other audit programmes, however BDO is definitely my first choice.

Good luck :smile:
Let me know how it goes :h:
Original post by 061298

I have got my video interview this week, could anyone give me some tips on how to do well in it and what to expect? Thanks + is it relaxed?
Reply 69
hey, can you remember any of the questions you were asked?
Just had a call to say I've passed my video interview, any tips on the AC?
Reply 71

Congrats on passing the video interview !!
Would you be able to help me out with the questions they will ask?
Cheers!

Congratulations :smile:
For the AC, I would say be yourself! For the group assessment, make sure you put your ideas across persuasively, make sure you include everyone, praise others, keep an eye on the time and remind the group how much time is left. For the presentation, be confident and you'll be fine :h:
Have you got a date for your AC yet?
Original post by BintM
Congratulations :smile:
For the AC, I would say be yourself! For the group assessment, make sure you put your ideas across persuasively, make sure you include everyone, praise others, keep an eye on the time and remind the group how much time is left. For the presentation, be confident and you'll be fine :h:
Have you got a date for your AC yet?

Thanks for your reply! Are you allowed to use PowerPoint slides for the presentation? And are the group and written exercises things you can plan for or not?
Thanks for your reply! Are you allowed to use PowerPoint slides for the presentation? And are the group and written exercises things you can plan for or not?

No worries! Nope, its just on a paper. Its just you and a manager that you present to. Its not that scary tbh
Nope, you get all the information on the day and it really isn't hard :h:

Let me know when yours is and if you have any questions you can just PM me and if you get in, I'll see you in september hopefully :smile:
Original post by BintM
No worries! Nope, its just on a paper. Its just you and a manager that you present to. Its not that scary tbh
Nope, you get all the information on the day and it really isn't hard :h:

Let me know when yours is and if you have any questions you can just PM me and if you get in, I'll see you in september hopefully :smile:

Thanks, I've PM'd you, no current date as on yet, I am going to chase up on it later this week
Has anyone been given a date yet? I emailed my handler and she said that it would be at the start of May. does anyone know what the day consists off?
Original post by samuelmarsham
Has anyone been given a date yet? I emailed my handler and she said that it would be at the start of May. does anyone know what the day consists off?

Hey what office did you apply for?
The day consists of a group assessment, presentation and interview. You'll also have to complete a written piece of work during the day.
Original post by samuelmarsham

I am currently waiting for my date for the Birmingham office
Original post by BintM
Hey what office did you apply for?
The day consists of a group assessment, presentation and interview. You'll also have to complete a written piece of work during the day.

I applied for the London Office what about you?

Is this the only scheme you have applied for or have you applied for multiple?

Quick Reply

Latest