The Student Room Group

Stirling Uni - Social work second stage task??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chunkyandfunky
It's confirmed! Yeah exactly, I just felt that I should get out of my comfort zone and move further away to a much more exciting and vibrant city, because I already live quite close to Aberdeen and have lived there before, so it's time for something new! Yeah I know that Strathclyde has a good reputation and we put in so much effort for the personal statement, the extra written task and then the written task and interview at the uni! Too much effort to go to waste haha. I'm going to move down with my boyfriend, he already lives in Glasgow. You?

Aw that's really handy! Least you won't have to fund a place in Glasgow yourself as it's really expensive! I actually like in a half an hour train journey to Glasgow or a 40 minute drive so there's no point in me moving there really! I wonder how many days we will be in, on the guidance for the fir pack it says the teaching is usually split over 4 days but there's also different electives you can choose in first year so I don't know whether that means we would be in more!
Does anyone know when they have to register for the sssc?
Original post by shannonmcc13
Does anyone know when they have to register for the sssc?

Supposedly you get sent an email from the uni with details about registration after accepting them
Original post by chunkyandfunky
Supposedly you get sent an email from the uni with details about registration after accepting them

Yeah! I got them today it's confusing filling this thing out for the sssc
Original post by Steph1x
I heard back from Stirling this morning, didn't get a place on the social work degree but they offered me an unconditional for sociology and social policy! Not the news I wanted to hear but they did say I can get a career in social work with this degree so not all bad

Hey I got this offer too. I'm still waiting to hear back for Strath before I make decision. Are you waiting to hear from anywhere else or are you taking up Stirling's offer? :smile:
Has everyone heard back from all their choices now?
Has everyone heard back from all their choices now?

Nope still waiting on Cali 😭
Original post by HeatherJF
Nope still waiting on Cali 😭

That's so ridiculous you haven't heard back yet!
That's so ridiculous you haven't heard back yet!

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what's happening because I just want to submit my choice now
Reply 349
Original post by DScott1986
Hey I got this offer too. I'm still waiting to hear back for Strath before I make decision. Are you waiting to hear from anywhere else or are you taking up Stirling's offer? :smile:

Congrats! Nope I have firmed my choice with Cali, have you heard back from strath yet ?
Original post by Steph1x
Congrats! Nope I have firmed my choice with Cali, have you heard back from strath yet ?

Congrats to you too. No I've still not heard anything yet, I called them today and my application is still getting considered so no news is good news I suppose, just getting so impatient.
Original post by Steph1x
I heard back from Stirling this morning, didn't get a place on the social work degree but they offered me an unconditional for sociology and social policy! Not the news I wanted to hear but they did say I can get a career in social work with this degree so not all bad

Same offer here! I decided i would take it if I didn't get a social work offer but luckily have had one from uws now x
Hey, years down the line for you guys but I’ve just submitted my written task for Stirling. I was wondering if any of you were successful and if so what was your mark for the task?

Quick Reply

Latest