The Student Room Group

Government and Politics AS Level

Hi there
Can anyone recommend a tutor for Government & Politics? I just need some extra support before the exams in a few months.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Umm a tutor really isn't needed for this subject. What are you struggling with?
If you need help I'll be happy to do so. I achieved an A overall and will be studying Politics at uni
Reply 3
Original post by TitanCream
If you need help I'll be happy to do so. I achieved an A overall and will be studying Politics at uni

Im also struggling with revision, im working a b/c level currently and was wondering if you can help me with things such as what i need to know for participation and voting behaviour and pressure groups. Also, the ways you recommend i should revise in ie, content first, keywords second and then exam papers
Original post by pri8315
Im also struggling with revision, im working a b/c level currently and was wondering if you can help me with things such as what i need to know for participation and voting behaviour and pressure groups. Also, the ways you recommend i should revise in ie, content first, keywords second and then exam papers

Not a worry, of course. Best to do it over PM however.

Did you do Ideologies dude?
Original post by citibankrec
Did you do Ideologies dude?

Yup! My favourite module.

Could you just give me some tips, please?

I just find the questions confusing.

cheers
Hey if anyone needs help, please PM me. For those doing the ideologies module, I cannot stress how useful this book is:

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?kn=andrew+heywood&sts=t
Reply 9

It's more to do with using examples to answer the question and back up your
answer
Reply 10
Original post by zayn008

answer. Any guidance will helpful. Thanks,
Reply 11

Lucky! I'm doing the USA… it's so rubbish. My teacher also skipped political parties even though I said so many times it was the one I really wanted to do, she did the same last year with the UK. So I've just been forced to learn useless information about pressure groups and voting behaviour because my teacher doesn't mind if I drop my A providing the rest of the class does better than last year (above a D). Sucks a lot tbh.
Reply 12
Original post by Milly17
answer. Any guidance will helpful. Thanks,

If you go on get revising there's some excellent essay plans with good examples - https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/govp2_topic_2_parliament_essay_plans go through the authors other posts to find ones for other topics. Found these extremely useful around this time last year
Original post by Milly17
answer

Ok! Tell me more.

Original post by zayn008
Lucky! I'm doing the USA… it's so rubbish. My teacher also skipped political parties even though I said so many times it was the one I really wanted to do, she did the same last year with the UK. So I've just been forced to learn useless information about pressure groups and voting behaviour because my teacher doesn't mind if I drop my A providing the rest of the class does better than last year (above a D). Sucks a lot tbh.

Eek we never went over that. Parties is certainly the easiest.
Reply 14
Ok! Tell me more.

Eek we never went over that. Parties is certainly the easiest.

I would say it's easy because it's interesting, I think people find voting behaviour easy because you just repeat the same thing like you just need to know the stats and the significance, I find it hard because it's boring. Parties has a lot of content but it ties in so well with everything, you can use it in all the other topics... not sure if I should risk doing it myself or if I should just do the ones my teacher says to
Original post by zayn008
I would say it's easy because it's interesting, I think people find voting behaviour easy because you just repeat the same thing like you just need to know the stats and the significance, I find it hard because it's boring. Parties has a lot of content but it ties in so well with everything, you can use it in all the other topics... not sure if I should risk doing it myself or if I should just do the ones my teacher says to

I knew someone who "taught" himself another module. Needless to say, he failed but he was also a lazy person.

Can you help me too?
Hi!

Could anyone help me with contemporary examples especially those related to political parties (Unit 1.2 in GCE edexcel)? I've been struggling to find more appropriate and recent examples from the current Conservative Party since Theresa May has taken over..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by Tigerking99
Can you help me too?

Of course. PM your particular needs.
Original post by zayn008

Hi both,

(Sorry OP for hijacking thread)

How possible would it be to teach yourself A level government and politics?

I'm a mature student who is interested in self teaching. It is a subject where you need instruction or is there a self contained textbook that covers the whole syllabus?

Any advice you can give me or recommendations for textbooks would be much appreciated. I'm looking to sit the whole A level next summer.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending