The Student Room Group

Hsbc work experience 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Calumjacko
What region are you?

North
So I get an Email from HSBC telling me I failed the telephone interview when I didn't get an opportunity to do a telephone interview.
Original post by Joeking1999
So I get an Email from HSBC telling me I failed the telephone interview when I didn't get an opportunity to do a telephone interview.

That doesn't make sense? Try calling them and asking about it, they may have sent the email to the wrong person if possible.
Hey guys! Just got an email from HSBC telling me that the reason why I did not get through to the Telephone Interview Stage was because my score in the online assessment stage was not good enough. Any of you know what the online assessment stage entailed exactly? I only took a survey they sent around a few months ago about where I would like to work etc. (and I thought that couldn't possibly have been the assessment?) Thanks xx
Original post by Ayl0731
Hey guys! Just got an email from HSBC telling me that the reason why I did not get through to the Telephone Interview Stage was because my score in the online assessment stage was not good enough. Any of you know what the online assessment stage entailed exactly? I only took a survey they sent around a few months ago about where I would like to work etc. (and I thought that couldn't possibly have been the assessment?) Thanks xx

The online assessment was the list of questions where you basically said what your work ethic was like, I thinkkk (correct me if I'm wrong though)
I got offered a placement but it's on the exact dates that I wasn't able to go! I emailed them about the issue; would they be able to amend the dates or am I screwed :s-smilie:
Original post by CookieSusee
I got offered a placement but it's on the exact dates that I wasn't able to go! I emailed them about the issue; would they be able to amend the dates or am I screwed :s-smilie:

Not sure. I assume that they can make amends
Hi, so ive been offered a place too, but they want me to return the forms in 7 days, including one filled out by school but we are on holidays right now and will be beyond one week by the time we get back so i can get the form filled in. Does anyone have a phone number for student recruitment i can call, will they give me an extension?
Original post by Iceman88
Hi, so ive been offered a place too, but they want me to return the forms in 7 days, including one filled out by school but we are on holidays right now and will be beyond one week by the time we get back so i can get the form filled in. Does anyone have a phone number for student recruitment i can call, will they give me an extension?

Congrats on getting a place, I'd recommend emailing them on: [email protected] - I got a response the next day when I had a query a few weeks ago

I emailed them about this and they said that they would be alright with me emailing the school form after easter as long as the other forms were returned by the deadline given. Hope that helps!
Original post by Calumjacko
Congrats on getting a place, I'd recommend emailing them on: [email protected] - I got a response the next day when I had a query a few weeks ago

I emailed them about this and they said that they would be alright with me emailing the school form after easter as long as the other forms were returned by the deadline given. Hope that helps!

Yeah, I emailed them and they said the same thing, thanks for the response guys. :smile:
What dates are yall doing it?
Yeah, I emailed them and they said the same thing, thanks for the response guys. :smile:
What dates are yall doing it?

Not entirely sure since I've asked if they could change the dates but I was originally meant to do it from the 26th-30th of June. What about you?
Not entirely sure since I've asked if they could change the dates but I was originally meant to do it from the 26th-30th of June. What about you?

Yeah, im doing it on the 26th to 30th June too. I wanted July, but they just gave me June, but I'm happy to just get a place, and I don't really want to push them bc I don't think I did great in the interview,
Hey everyone, I'm doing mine in Manchester region on the 26th June too. One thing about the consent forms, have you guys printed them, signed them and scanned them back in? Is there any other way of doing it?
Yeah, im doing it on the 26th to 30th June too. I wanted July, but they just gave me June, but I'm happy to just get a place, and I don't really want to push them bc I don't think I did great in the interview,

I'm sure you did better than you think, plus you got a place which shows you did well anyway!
Original post by TopCat12
Hey everyone, I'm doing mine in Manchester region on the 26th June too. One thing about the consent forms, have you guys printed them, signed them and scanned them back in? Is there any other way of doing it?

This method seems long but I printed them, signed them then took a picture on my phone of them all. I sent the pictures of the signed forms to myself and saved them onto my laptop. Then from my laptop, I emailed the images to HSBC.

I did that! It didn't take too long! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This method seems long but I printed them, signed them then took a picture on my phone of them all. I sent the pictures of the signed forms to myself and saved them onto my laptop. Then from my laptop, I emailed the images to HSBC.

Original post by jade_on_tsr
I did that! It didn't take too long! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorted, they're happy now. :smile:
What areas are you guys doing it in?

That's good! I'm doing it in the north region :smile: