The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nas08
They also told me my referees wont be contacted as I have been employed in the last 3 years is this true?

what do u mean both references were contacted for mine iv been working 1.5yrs
Original post by anisajazz
what do u mean both references were contacted for mine iv been working 1.5yrs

Dear Nasar, They do not need to be contacted because you have been employed for the past 3 years. Kind Regards, Ryan Still HMRC Resourcing Support Team

This is what I was sent when I asked them my referees had not been contacted yet
Original post by Nas08
Dear Nasar, They do not need to be contacted because you have been employed for the past 3 years. Kind Regards, Ryan Still HMRC Resourcing Support Team

This is what I was sent when I asked them my referees had not been contacted yet

ok suppose good thing, at least process will be quicker
Any feedback on Cardiff guys?
Original post by Rhonddaguy
Any feedback on Cardiff guys?

a few people have they're start dates
but i know someone who is still waiting for the PEC checks
just got my formal offer by telephone! start 8th may
dont know which department she wasnt sure she said either personal tax or tax credit

Brilliant news!! Well done Anisa! I start that date too but in East Kilbride. Congratulations 😊
Original post by Ladynevertells
Brilliant news!! Well done Anisa! I start that date too but in East Kilbride. Congratulations 😊

Thankyou !! And good look on your first date can finally hand my notice in a work.its finally sunk in im leaving yhh.defo going on a shopping spri for office clothes no more nasty uniform to wear lol
Has anyone else been placed on the reserve?
Original post by Ladynevertells
I was thinking the very same thing. Suppose best to be smart.

I've been in several different HMRC offices as I used to deliver training to staff and they all seem to wear casual eg jeans, joggers, jumpers but don't want to turn up in that and everyone else be smart
Original post by Bethxparkinson
I've been in several different HMRC offices as I used to deliver training to staff and they all seem to wear casual eg jeans, joggers, jumpers but don't want to turn up in that and everyone else be smart

I noticed. That at my interview but I'm still going smart. 😊
Original post by Fontaine1990
a few people have they're start dates
but i know someone who is still waiting for the PEC checks

Thanks. Ive had the PEC checks. Waiting for start date.
Reply 1151
Original post by Bethxparkinson
Sounds really interesting the first day, what did they say you can and can't wear? Don't want to turn up on my first day wearing something you can't wear.

Aww, short skirts, short tops, footie tops, cap, but can wear jeans, trousers and long skirts
Original post by Aqhsa
Aww, short skirts, short tops, footie tops, cap, but can wear jeans, trousers and long skirts

I can't wear a short skirt and a crop top? And I've already accepted my provisional offer. Damn, too late now.
Original post by Steve8
I can't wear a short skirt and a crop top? And I've already accepted my provisional offer. Damn, too late now.

😂😂😂😂
just got my formal offer by telephone! start 8th may
dont know which department she wasnt sure she said either personal tax or tax credit

Congratulations....where will u start?
I will also start on same date at Bathgate.
Original post by Aqhsa
Awww okay and yeah i understand what you mean as I don't know my salary either they did ask me to bring my bank details so I am just going to take my bank card, and thank you really need good luck with me and whatever I find out tomorrow will mention it here hopefully, just kinda stressed out that I get their safely and not be late for the first day. 🙈

How did u manage to go there?
Do u stay in edinburgh?
Original post by Steve8

😂😂😂😂
Original post by Aqhsa
Hey first day went okay tiring lol they gave a tour of the zones in hmrc and the fire assembly points incase if a fire. Mainly did paper work i.e. fill out info regarding next of kin etc then met some people from different departments. Then we were allocated a desk so that we know how to log in to the computer with a PID number they gave us and password they give us first but then we change it straightaway after logging in. We then did civil service learning and learned how to create a flexi time sheet as well as put our bank details on the hmrc my service which we will use to see our wages online as we won't be getting it by post (I think thats what we were told) We were told what we should not do and what to wear and now to wear. Had a busy day knackered. oh also mentioned about the probabtion and how it works out.

Did they ask about the visa status or any related work restriction status before you sign contract if it is applicable ?
Because they mentioned in my formal letter that u should discuss ur visa status with ur manager on first day that's why
Original post by Chandramoli

Thank you! Bradford
Original post by Chandramoli

Thank you! Bradford and congrats to u too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending