The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi, I am also very interested in studying in south Korea for university and like you I don't feel like I am getting support from school. However I have been doing research myself on applying to university there especially Seoul National University.

For international students wishing to apply there they have an guide on how to do that. Below is the guide for spring, undergraduate international student admissions 2017.

Just out of curiosity which course are you thinking of doing?
Also you thinking of entering in 2017? (I want to enter in 2017) :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Dreamy9
Hi, I am also very interested in studying in south Korea for university and like you I don't feel like I am getting support from school. However I have been doing research myself on applying to university there especially Seoul National University.

For international students wishing to apply there they have an guide on how to do that. Below is the guide for spring, undergraduate international student admissions 2017.

Just out of curiosity which course are you thinking of doing?
Also you thinking of entering in 2017? (I want to enter in 2017) :smile:

http://www.useoul.edu/upload/admission/Admission_Guide_for_International_Students_Spring2017(Undergraduate).pdf?ver=2016-05-04
Does anyone know what the entry requirements are for medicine I cant find it and which universities offer medicine, thanks I'm interested in them all but especially SNU.
Reply 4
I want to study in South Korea too, but I can't seem to find which courses will be in English and if I fail the TOPIK test does that mean I cannot study there? Can any of you speak any Korean?
Reply 5
Original post by islaN
I want to study in South Korea too, but I can't seem to find which courses will be in English and if I fail the TOPIK test does that mean I cannot study there? Can any of you speak any Korean?

Ewha uni has English courses
Reply 6
Original post by Sara22.09
Ewha uni has English courses

that's true but its all women...I'm just going to have to look into it more :smile:
Original post by islaN
that's true but its all women...I'm just going to have to look into it more :smile:

Depending on what course you want to do, Yonsei University seems to offer some courses in English in their constituent college, Underwood International College. https://uic.yonsei.ac.kr/main/default.asp

Seoul National University seems to offer undergraduate courses in English as well

Most of KAIST's courses are taught in English.

It really depends on where you want to go and what you want to study.
Reply 8
Original post by MangoDaebak10
Does anyone know what the entry requirements are for medicine I cant find it and which universities offer medicine, thanks I'm interested in them all but especially SNU.

In Seoul, you can apply for SNU, Yonsei, Korea, Catholic University, and Chung Ang. The basic requirements are your high school grades, TOEFL, and TOPIK (Korean language proficiency test). FYI, most of them (except for Korea and Yonsei, which I'm not really sure) require an interview in Korean, while Chung Ang requires a math entrance exam.

However, as you know Korean high schoolers may be insane when it comes to studying...especially with medicine, dentistry, nursing, etc medical field related courses since they guarantee a professional job in the future upon graduation. If you are doing the IB Diploma, a 44 or even 45 will not guarantee you getting accepted. From what I've seen nowadays, ppl are also doing BOTH the IBDP and the APs to win the competition. Not only that but most seem to have high scores in the SAT (2300+ / 1500+ for the new one) as well as other exams such as TOEFL, etc. Hospital internships and others are also crucial for your application. SNU seems to require an entrance interview (they do say that it's not required, but it seems that most who get in do the interviews) to check your Korean proficiency. They do ask difficult stuff such as 고사성어 (the Hanja 4-character proverbs), etc etc via Skype.

Medical schools in Seoul are insane (usually only 2 are chosen per year per school). That's why many others also try for schools outside of Seoul, such as Yonsei Wonju, etc. Medical schools outside of Seoul are still considered prestigious; they are known to be even harder than SNU Engineering.
Reply 9
Today I learnt: People who want to study in South Korea are people who don't keep up with the news.
Original post by MangoDaebak10

I really want to study medicine there aswell message me on what youve found out and are currently doing
Reply 11
Hi I am interested in studying in South Korea... Please any information on school of medicine and surgery there and the tuition fees ???
Reply 12
Hi I am interested in studying in South Korea... Please any information on school of medicine and surgery there and the tuition fees ???
Reply 13
Please I need information on universities that offer medicine in South Korea... Please I am interested in studying medicine and surgery over there in south Korea
Just searched up the admission applications process of a lot of South Korea Universities, and I found out all of them needs an Official High School Certificate ..? (Is there any Korea uni who doesn’t require one?) I went to a UK high school and finished GCSEs (finished 5th year - year 11) , but I dont have a Certificate? And then I studied my A-levels myself with distant learning and scored 3A*, I do have the certificate for those but they say they need a High School graduation certificate? Just wondering does anyone have any experience on this on what should I do? Also has anyone gone through apostle and knows how apostle works :redface:? Does every university in korea require apostle? Thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending