The Student Room Group

Is homosexuality dysfunctional?

As above

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh boy.
can you expand a bit
It's as functional or dysfunction as heterosexuality. Moralists who claim that homosexuality is wrong because you cannot create life that way presuppose that life has inherent value.
Who knows Gigi?..: from YouTube..

He transgendered to a woman, dated men, now is dating a female - claims he's a lesbian.

Yes I think a lot are dysfunctional,
How do you mean?
No.
Esp the ones who throw around the words asexual pansexual

Lost in the sauce.
Some people wear homosexuality like a badge and sometimes that can pose problems. Sure no one should be forced to keep closeted but flaunting it everywhere can be annoying it's the same with some people who are hetero sexual
Reply 9
Existence is dysfunctional.
Original post by xobeauty
Who knows Gigi?..: from YouTube..

He transgendered to a woman, dated men, now is dating a female - claims he's a lesbian.

Yes I think a lot are dysfunctional,

Original post by xobeauty
Esp the ones who throw around the words asexual pansexual

Lost in the sauce.

How do either of these posts relate to homosexuality? :confused:
Original post by teenhorrorstory
As above

What do you mean by "dysfunctional"?

We can't really respond until you clarify what you mean by that.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
How do either of these posts relate to homosexuality? :confused:

I wasn't sure what the question was so I just went with what I wanted to say.
Heterosexuality and Christianity are dysfunctional.
I'm surprised the OP has yet to be scolded for asking such a question :facepalm:

:eek: sarcasm.
Original post by AishaGirl
I'm surprised the OP has yet to be scolded for asking such a question :facepalm:

I haven't yet, because they've yet to understand exactly what their question means :P
Homophobia is dysfunctional.
Original post by WTFlourine
Some people wear homosexuality like a badge and sometimes that can pose problems. Sure no one should be forced to keep closeted but flaunting it everywhere can be annoying it's the same with some people who are hetero sexual

Tbh though gays are a minority that is somewhat marginalised by society, so it is understandable that people flaunt it about. It's no different to black people 'flaunting' their skin colour with hash tags on twitter such as 'growing up black', talking about it all the time etc. No one bats an eyelid at that. If you're a minority group, you will stand out in society whether you like it or not, so it's kinda natural for people to take advantage of that.

To answer the OP, as a gay guy I believe that although there is nothing morally wrong with being homosexual, it is a sexual deviance - if you think about it, sexual attraction is naturally there for our innate desire to procreate; this isn't possible between members of the same sex. Our bodies and sexual organs are adapted for heterosexual relations by evolution. It doesn't mean it's wrong to have homosexual sex, plenty of stuff humankind in general does is unnatural e.g. contraceptives, non-vaginal sex regardless of which genders are doing it, air conditioning etc. yet no one has a moral problem with these!
Homosexuality has been observed in hundreds of animal species; if it was dysfunctional natural selection would've eliminated it a long time. But you'd have to define what you mean by dysfunctional.
Original post by AishaGirl

I don't mind debating different viewpoints, even if I disagree. The fact that the OP has not explained anything leads to to believe they are just trolling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending