The Student Room Group

How Do I Remember 15 Poem's Quotes???

HELP!!!
Original post by FirasHafiz_2K1
HELP!!!

There's no need to, all you need is to remember the best bits from your 6 favorite poems. Make sure they fit into different themes so don't just choose 4 based on war. I created flashcards with annotations of key quotes from my 6 favorite poems then I created just basic language and structure points for every poem as a backup incase something like Checking Out Me History comes up.
Original post by FirasHafiz_2K1
HELP!!!

Are you sure they are not even printed, if not just do your best!
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Are you sure they are not even printed, if not just do your best!

No, in the exam only one poem is printed and you have to compare it to another poem of your choice. It makes sense to remember one poem but in the power and conflict cluster, there are more themes than just power and conflict. For example loss, anger and nature.
Original post by SkylineS4
No, in the exam only one poem is printed and you have to compare it to another poem of your choice. It makes sense to remember one poem but in the power and conflict cluster, there are more themes than just power and conflict. For example loss, anger and nature.

Thematic pairs maybe?
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Thematic pairs maybe?

You could try but like I said it depends on the question they give you. For example in the specimen paper it just says compare how power is presented in x and another poem of your choice but yesterday I did a practice paper and one question said compare how the poet conveys anger in London and another poem.
Original post by SkylineS4
There's no need to, all you need is to remember the best bits from your 6 favorite poems. Make sure they fit into different themes so don't just choose 4 based on war. I created flashcards with annotations of key quotes from my 6 favorite poems then I created just basic language and structure points for every poem as a backup incase something like Checking Out Me History comes up.

you wut

i didn't realise you could do this
Yeah I know I thought of the idea when my english teacher said you practice annotating all the poems or just your favorite, I can quickly remember flashcards so that's what I did. #IHelped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending