The Student Room Group

Nursing 2017 in Scotland

Hey! Has anyone applied for nursing this year in any universities in Scotland?

I've applied for adult nursing in Glasgow Caledonian, West of Scotland, University of Stirling, Edinburgh Napier and Robert Gordon University. I've attended one interview so far and have another on Saturday and one on the 1st of march 😊

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hannahcowanxo
Hey! Has anyone applied for nursing this year in any universities in Scotland?

I've applied for adult nursing in Glasgow Caledonian, West of Scotland, University of Stirling, Edinburgh Napier and Robert Gordon University. I've attended one interview so far and have another on Saturday and one on the 1st of march 😊

hiya, good luck with your interviews, which ones have you been to and what did you have to do at them? ive applied for adult nursing at UWS and have a selection day on monday. not really sure what to expect and im worried i wont answer the right things at the right times :frown: anyone know if they tell you if you are successful on the day or if theres a wait?
Original post by lainy757
hiya, good luck with your interviews, which ones have you been to and what did you have to do at them? ive applied for adult nursing at UWS and have a selection day on monday. not really sure what to expect and im worried i wont answer the right things at the right times :frown: anyone know if they tell you if you are successful on the day or if theres a wait?

Thank you! I've been to both Edinburgh Napier and GCU and I've recieved conditional offers for both! Both days were slightly different but featured a presentation, tour of the campus and a group interview as well as a few different activities. The interview was slightly different in both uni's and I felt the GCU one was slightly more laidback, I think it's important to take a moment to think (but not too long!) about what you are being asked then formulate an answer and raise your hand and wait your turn to answer, it's important to show that you're listening and being considerate of the other candidates! If it is anything like the two I've been to the only times you have to be overly aware of what you're saying is during the interview, just be sure to have your say but don't be too pushy or overbearing :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you! I've been to both Edinburgh Napier and GCU and I've recieved conditional offers for both! Both days were slightly different but featured a presentation, tour of the campus and a group interview as well as a few different activities. The interview was slightly different in both uni's and I felt the GCU one was slightly more laidback, I think it's important to take a moment to think (but not too long!) about what you are being asked then formulate an answer and raise your hand and wait your turn to answer, it's important to show that you're listening and being considerate of the other candidates! If it is anything like the two I've been to the only times you have to be overly aware of what you're saying is during the interview, just be sure to have your say but don't be too pushy or overbearing :smile:

thanks for the tip, i feel like im swotting for an exam the things im trying to read and remember in case i get asked it lol actually im sure the exams will prob be easier than this!! lol how long did you wait for your conditional offers after the interview?
Reply 4
I haven't heard back from GCU or Napier but i have had interviews for Stirling and Dundee :smile:
Reply 5
good luck laurie x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi, I've applied for Mental Health Nursing at RGU, was at an interview yesterday, so just waiting to hear back now :-D. Fingers crossed.
Original post by NMABZ
Hi, I've applied for Mental Health Nursing at RGU, was at an interview yesterday, so just waiting to hear back now :-D. Fingers crossed.

Hey i was at RGU last week too! Have you heard back yet? What did you think of the uni and Aberdeen?
Reply 8
Original post by Scotlass88
Hey i was at RGU last week too! Have you heard back yet? What did you think of the uni and Aberdeen?

Hey, nothing yet, they did say that we would hear by the end of April, just seems like ages to wait haha. I live in Aberdeen so....Rent can be expensive compaired to other cities and there isn't massive amounts of stuff going on all the time, but it's ok. RGU I really like I've studied there before and it's modern, the courses and lecturers are really good and always approchable.
Original post by NMABZ
Hey, nothing yet, they did say that we would hear by the end of April, just seems like ages to wait haha. I live in Aberdeen so....Rent can be expensive compaired to other cities and there isn't massive amounts of stuff going on all the time, but it's ok. RGU I really like I've studied there before and it's modern, the courses and lecturers are really good and always approchable.

Yeah i thought the uni was lovely and lecturers really nice :smile: but yes, rents and things are expensive!
I have an interview for Adult nursing in RGU next Tuesday and UWS paisley campus next Wednesday I also applied to Stirling and queen Margaret but have not heard back from them and I know a lot of people have got interviews for Stirling but I guess no news is good news
Update : I've now been to 4 interviews and recieved an offer from Napier, GCU for Honours and RGU for Honours :smile: My interview for UWS was on Monday so I'm just waiting on a response from then and my second choice is Stirling for Honours but I still haven't heard anything from them. Has anyone been to Stirling for interviews yet?
Reply 12
Update : I've now been to 4 interviews and recieved an offer from Napier, GCU for Honours and RGU for Honours :smile: My interview for UWS was on Monday so I'm just waiting on a response from then and my second choice is Stirling for Honours but I still haven't heard anything from them. Has anyone been to Stirling for interviews yet?

Ah have you had an offer from RGU? Congrats on the other offers! Was it Adult Nursing at all Unis?
Original post by NMABZ
Ah have you had an offer from RGU? Congrats on the other offers! Was it Adult Nursing at all Unis?

Yeah a conditional for Adult Nursing Honours! Conditions are 2 B's as my exams didn't go too well last year for personal reasons, I'm so surprised to have two offers for honours! And yes it's adult nursing at all uni's :smile:
Reply 14
Yeah a conditional for Adult Nursing Honours! Conditions are 2 B's as my exams didn't go too well last year for personal reasons, I'm so surprised to have two offers for honours! And yes it's adult nursing at all uni's :smile:

Aww that's great, fingers crossed for you! Do you know which uni you are going to choose? I've applied for Mental Health at RGU had my interview the end of Feb but not heard anything yet. 😩😩
Original post by NMABZ
Aww that's great, fingers crossed for you! Do you know which uni you are going to choose? I've applied for Mental Health at RGU had my interview the end of Feb but not heard anything yet. 😩😩

GCU is my first choice as it's Honours and in my city! Stirling will probably be my insurance if they give me an offer 😩 They should get back to you soon!!
Reply 16
Anybody going to RGU for Adult nursing BN? :smile:
Reply 17
Unconditional for Mental Health Nursing 2018. :-D good luck to anyone still waiting.
Well done guys! I am off to stirling in september! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by NMABZ
Unconditional for Mental Health Nursing 2018. :-D good luck to anyone still waiting.

Hi! Wow, well done! What was the group interview like?

Quick Reply

Latest