The Student Room Group

Russia Will retaliate if Syria is attacked again

There is a lot Russia can do to retaliate against the US if they illegally attack Syria ever again.
Putin can bring about the fall of the regime in Ukraine. He can also support insurgency against the ruling regimes in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia and replace those regimes with pro- Moscow regimes or else occupy those countries just like the US is illegally occupying parts of Syria and previously Iraq.

Russia has interests in those countries and its slavic populations want to be freed from western EU and US influence and interference. Who can blame Mr Putin if he ousts regimes in the Ukraine and Baltic in revenge for the US meddling in Syria???
It's none of Americas bloody business, it's time the US butted out of the Middle East after the decades of damage they've done. There would not be ISIS had Iraq not been invaded illegally or civil war in Libya had the west not helped murder Gaddafi.

TBH the world is fed up of America attacking sovereign nations in the Middle East and leaving behind d chaos, death war, and misery. ISIS only exists because of the US, Turkey, Britain and Israel supplying weapons to terrorists in Syria.

As for Boris Johnson asking Russia to quit supporting Assad, well Putin and most of the sensible world think Boris Johnson is a grade 1 idiot.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The US were selectively funding rebels who were fighting Assad. They weren't funding Al Qaeda at all, and it was ex- Al-qaeda who came and joined with other rebels to form ISIS.

Turkey is bombing the Kurds not ISIS, they're almost doing their own thing, you could argue that theyre fighting a group that is fighting ISIS but that still doesnt mean Turkey allowed ISIS to form.

Britain and Israel havent done much either.
Putin is engineering the destruction of the EU by supporting Assad. As soon as he realised that bombing Syria and keeping Assad in power = more migrants and more instability, he rushed over there.
Why cant mankind have a nuclear war and be done with it. The red giant phase of the sun is gonna eradicate mankind eventually anyway, might aswell do it ourselves, much quicker.
Oh ffs I didn't read who made the thread. I thought this was gonna be a meaningful new development :frown:
Original post by NigelFarridge
Putin is engineering the destruction of the EU by supporting Assad. As soon as he realised that bombing Syria and keeping Assad in power = more migrants and more instability, he rushed over there.

Not forgetting a lot of people in the EU Baltic states , also Poland, Czech republic etc are Slavic and would welcome their Russian Slavic brothers to come and liberate them.
In any case Putin could take all 3 Baltic states in just a few hours and bring their ruling regimes down in less than a day, and I can't see many residents of those places objecting to their fellows Slavs coming.
Original post by Ambitious1999
There is a lot Russia can do to retaliate against the US if they illegally attack Syria ever again.
Putin can bring about the fall of the regime in Ukraine. He can also support insurgency against the ruling regimes in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia and replace those regimes with pro- Moscow regimes or else occupy those countries just like the US is illegally occupying parts of Syria and previously Iraq.

Russia has interests in those countries and its slavic populations want to be freed from western EU and US influence and interference. Who can blame Mr Putin if he ousts regimes in the Ukraine and Baltic in revenge for the US meddling in Syria???
It's none of Americas bloody business, it's time the US butted out of the Middle East after the decades of damage they've done. There would not be ISIS had Iraq not been invaded illegally or civil war in Libya had the west not helped murder Gaddafi.

TBH the world is fed up of America attacking sovereign nations in the Middle East and leaving behind d chaos, death war, and misery. ISIS only exists because of the US, Turkey, Britain and Israel supplying weapons to terrorists in Syria.

As for Boris Johnson asking Russia to quit supporting Assad, well Putin and most of the sensible world think Boris Johnson is a grade 1 idiot.

Our government is just complicit in all of this as they dare not displease their American masters, after all, they may get fed scraps.

I agree with everything you said, well said. The world does not need America going around bullying everyone and causing chaos.
Not forgetting a lot of people in the EU Baltic states , also Poland, Czech republic etc are Slavic and would welcome their Russian Slavic brothers to come and liberate them.
In any case Putin could take all 3 Baltic states in just a few hours and bring their ruling regimes down in less than a day, and I can't see many residents of those places objecting to their fellows Slavs coming.

You dont half speak some consistent drivel ambitious. Yes ofc all those countries were invaded by the soviets, finally got rid of them and immediately joined NATO. An attack on any of those countries would be a declaration of war on Nato including the UK.

Youve already made your views against the UK and its people well known, but you dont mind taking advantage of the education, freedoms and benefits it offers.

You consistently post your support poisonous support for ISIS and Assad.I am amazed you havent been banned. maybe you should go and live there or emigrate to Moscow.

1) The Baltic States aren't Slavic.

2) At different points in the 20th century all those countries were involved in violent confrontations with Russia while attempting to maintain or regain their liberty.

3) The Poles especially would resist fanatically against any Russian invasion. Go and ask a few Polish people if they want Russia to come and "liberate" them, they'll probably beat the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: out of you.
Reply 9
Original post by Laomedeia
Why cant mankind have a nuclear war and be done with it. The red giant phase of the sun is gonna eradicate mankind eventually anyway, might aswell do it ourselves, much quicker.

Well following that logic, you might as well kill yourself since you're going to die anyway.
Reply 10
You are a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trump sure has done a U-turn. First he attacked Obama for regime change and foreign policy. Now he's an more extreme version of Obama. Obama's administration preferred to support rebels (really terrorists lets be honest) while Trump just drops bombs on Syria's army.
Original post by JamesN88
1) The Baltic States aren't Slavic.

2) At different points in the 20th century all those countries were involved in violent confrontations with Russia while attempting to maintain or regain their liberty.

3) The Poles especially would resist fanatically against any Russian invasion. Go and ask a few Polish people if they want Russia to come and "liberate" them, they'll probably beat the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: out of you.

1) The Baltic states have significant Slavic populations from the Soviet era mostly ethnic Russians who settled in those areas.

2) Just as you mention the Baltics confrontations with Russia the look at just the last 2 decades of unprovoked confrontations and attacks by the US on soverign middle eastern countries like Iraq, Libya, Syria. The US and west has attacked and bullied the ME more times since 1991 than Russia has upset the Baltics in 100 years. Removing regimes and creating years of civil war, all to please the Wahhabist Saudis and Israel.

3) I'm not sure about Poland but Czech Republic is quite pro- Russian especially its young people who are quite left wing, anti US, and anti EU. I worked in a language school last summer and Czechs were quite pro- Russian many wearing Che T shirts and Mao T shirts constantly moaning about America and Europe and how wonderful Mr Putin is. Maybe young Poles are the same? Who can blame them, in the old soviet Warsaw Pact days they got free education healthcare and welfare payments. Not like now.

Also a country is only a strong as its regime as Trump is trying to suggest with toppling Mr Assad. If the Baltic regimes were toppled those countries could come under a Russian occupation for an indefinite period like Iraq was under US occupation after Saddam was toppled. Russia could do that in return for the US toppling Mr Assad.
(edited 6 years ago)
1) The Baltic states have significant Slavic populations from the Soviet era mostly ethnic Russians who settled in those areas.

About a 20% minority give or take, this doesn't make them Slavic countries any more than it makes the USA a Latin American country.

2) Just as you mention the Baltics confrontations with Russia the look at just the last 2 decades of unprovoked confrontations and attacks by the US on soverign middle eastern countries Iraq, Libya Syria. The US and west has attacked bullied the ME more times since 1991 than Russia has upset the Baltic s in a hundred years. Removing regimes all to please the Wahhabist saudis and Israel.

Hmm, really? They had to fight for independence from the USSR post WW1, were occupied by them in 1940, re-occupied in 1944 after the Wehrmacht(whom they'd welcomed as liberators in 1941) retreated and then endured 5 decades of repressive puppet governments controlled by Moscow. This is all after c200 years of Russian Imperial rule.

If you think that's worse than replacing Saddam with a democratic government(however badly done it was), together with minor(by military standards) interventions in Libya and Syria then you're beyond reason.

3) I'm not sure about Poland but Czech Republic is quite pro- Russian especially its young people who are quite left wing, anti US, and anti EU. I worked in a language school last summer and Czechs were quite pro- Russian many wearing Che T shirts and Mao T shirts moaning about America and Europe and how wonderful Mr Putin is.

Students with far-left views, never seen that before. :lol:

They (and even the population as a whole) might be friendly towards them, that doesn't mean they'd welcome being invaded.

Also a country is only a strong as its regime as Trump is trying to suggest with toppling Mr Assad. If the Baltic regimes were toppled those countries could come under a Russian occupation for an indefinite period like Iraq was under US occupation after Saddam was toppled. Russia could do that in return for the US toppling Mr Assad.

The only way he forces regime change in the Baltic is attacking NATO and starting WW3. Get this fantasy out of your head.

The only way he forces regime change in the Baltic is attacking NATO and starting WW3. Get this fantasy out of your head.

But NATO is an occupying force in those countries just like the Russians were during the soviet era. It seems the baltics are always being occupied by a foreign power and I think given the choice between US troops from many thousands miles away and Russia troops from just over the border the Latvian people will feel more at home with the latter.

I mean I'm not even sure if the Latvian regime allowed NATO to occupy their land. The biggest danger is a proxy war that might allow extremists to flourish.
But NATO is an occupying force in those countries just like the Russians were during the soviet era. It seems the baltics are always being occupied by a foreign power and I think given the choice between US troops from many thousands miles away and Russia troops from just over the border the Latvian people will feel more at home with the latter.

I mean I'm not even sure if the Latvian regime allowed NATO to occupy their land. The biggest danger is a proxy war that might allow extremists to flourish.

So that's why the first chance they got they voted for independence, made the existence of the former ruling party illegal and joined NATO and the EU to guard against future Russian influence?

NATO troops aren't occupying anyone, they'd leave tomorrow if the local administrations asked them to but they won't ask for obvious reasons(obvious to people who are in touch with reality anyway).
So that's why the first chance they got they voted for independence, made the existence of the former ruling party illegal and joined NATO and the EU to guard against future Russian influence?

NATO troops aren't occupying anyone, they'd leave tomorrow if the local administrations asked them to but they won't ask for obvious reasons(obvious to people who are in touch with reality anyway).

The people of the Baltics are probably affraid to cristise their leaders. Remember those who persued independence in the late 80s were hardline radicals who have cut the Baltics from mother Russia and left places like Latvia poorer and isolated. If there was a referendum in Russia the majority of Russians would probably support liberation of these countries to unite with their brothers.

I very much doubt there would be much resistance when Russian army liberates these countries.
(edited 6 years ago)
The people of the Baltics are probably affraid to cristise their leaders. Remember those who persued independence in the late 80s were hardline radicals who have cut the Baltics from mother Russia and left places like Latvia poorer and isolated. If there was a referendum in Russia the majority of Russians would probably support liberation of these countries to unite with their brothers.

I very much doubt there would be much resistance when Russian army liberates these countries.

:facepalm2:

Maybe Latvia can get help from IS' airforce when Russia tries to "liberate" them?
Where is the IS airforce these days? Hasn't the west surrendered yet?
It would be funny bit I find his repeated poisonous mistruths bigging ISIS, Assad and Russia up quite offensive.
Hopefully he doesnt live in the UK,
Original post by 999tigger
Where is the IS airforce these days? Hasn't the west surrendered yet?
It would be funny bit I find his repeated poisonous mistruths bigging ISIS, Assad and Russia up quite offensive.
Hopefully he doesnt live in the UK,

He's the TSR equivalent of Lord Haw-Haw.

Quick Reply