The Student Room Group

University of Amsterdam Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by aberdeen123
I was just asked to resend my passport scan as an ID verification - has that happened to you?

Yes they asked me the same last week. I would assume they need to do the verification check before they actually look at our applications so hopefully that means that someone is processing them and making decisions
I don't know if I should accept my offer or not. :/
Reply 62
I also applied to a masters at GSSS. Today my status on myinfo changed to "Status :"Admission Decision". Any idea what this means?
Mine has been at 'Admission Decision' for three months, I emailed 2 months ago and asked about it - they replied it meant they were 'processing' and no decision had been made yet. :frown:
Reply 64
Original post by tulips221
Mine has been at 'Admission Decision' for three months, I emailed 2 months ago and asked about it - they replied it meant they were 'processing' and no decision had been made yet. :frown:

I have had "admission decision" for 3 months as well. Hoping to hear soon:/
Has anyone applying for a Masters program heard back?
Reply 66
Original post by PJF13
Anyone else taking up their offer for Business Admin this year?

Will most likely accept that one. See you there I guess?
Reply 67
My status also changed from preliminary check to
for those who have "admission decision" don't worry, the same thing happened to me, i had the "admission decision" thingy on my info page for about a month then i got an email actually giving my decision.
Original post by kenzasab
for those who have "admission decision" don't worry, the same thing happened to me, i had the "admission decision" thingy on my info page for about a month then i got an email actually giving my decision.

Just out of curiosity which program had you applied to?
Original post by suhdude*
Will most likely accept that one. See you there I guess?

Aha nice one, accepted my offer last week. You heading from the UK?
Reply 71
Original post by PJF13
Aha nice one, accepted my offer last week. You heading from the UK?

Awesome. Accepted mine today. I'm from Germany though
Original post by christy_s
Just sent out my application for Communication Science at UvA! The admission process takes around 6-8 weeks so I'd say you should receive a reply soon :smile:

I've applied for communication science too and just got my offer, do you know or does anybody know anything about the Online Programme Fit Communication Science, is it hard to easy?:s-smilie:
Reply 73
Hey everyone!
I've contacted GSSS today to see what's the status and I've been told that their deadline is 19th May and that they have no intention on replying earlier than that (maybe few days earlier but he doubts it). Thought guys applying for any course there might wanna know till when is their agony gonna last.
Original post by andrea.
Hey everyone!
I've contacted GSSS today to see what's the status and I've been told that their deadline is 19th May and that they have no intention on replying earlier than that (maybe few days earlier but he doubts it). Thought guys applying for any course there might wanna know till when is their agony gonna last.

Thank you for this! It's been killing me, I have been asked by my second choice to notify them by May 15th.
Reply 75
Thank you for this! It's been killing me, I have been asked by my second choice to notify them by May 15th.

Just let them know about your deadlines and ask them for an early reply. But make sure you let them know the last possible date of your reply. I think that should work
Just out of curiosity which program had you applied to?

hi, bachelor in media and information
Original post by andrea.
Just let them know about your deadlines and ask them for an early reply. But make sure you let them know the last possible date of your reply. I think that should work

Yeah, I did this and they said they couldn't guarantee a date, but had marked on my application(when I submitted, that I had requested expedited processing).. womp womp
Reply 78
Yeah, I did this and they said they couldn't guarantee a date, but had marked on my application(when I submitted, that I had requested expedited processing).. womp womp

Yeah I'm afraid that's all you can do. I got an offer from Tilburg today and also gotta stall them now.
Hey! I applied for Communication Science and am anxiously waiting for a reply now, has anyone experience of how hard this course actually is, is it extremely hard to get the 80% required to progress to 2nd year? Would it be impossible for me to work a weekend job even if I tried keep very organised with my work during the week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending