The Student Room Group

A901 SGUL International Medicine (MBBS4) 2017

Just starting a thread for St. Georges international graduate entry medicine 2017 hopefuls like myself. Apparently, although born in the UK I'm not considered a 'home' applicant since I've been abroad for so long :frown:

Anyone with similar experience?
Hey I applied to 901 too! I'm not quite in the same situation as you as I'm just pure international, but good to see another 901 applicant :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lumosbludger183
Hey I applied to 901 too! I'm not quite in the same situation as you as I'm just pure international, but good to see another 901 applicant :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Lumosbludger183, great to meet you!
Couple of questions for you: Have you applied anywhere else? and have you taken the GAMSAT yet?
Original post by FranKiernan
Hi Lumosbludger183, great to meet you!
Couple of questions for you: Have you applied anywhere else? and have you taken the GAMSAT yet?

Hi, yes I've applied to King's for A100 and A102! As well as Oxford for A100 but not sure if my BMAT will go too well hehe.
I'm actually going to be taking the MCAT , but I won't be writing it till April (I emailed admissions about it and they said I can still get an offer but obviously it'd be conditional of meeting the minimum MCAT score).

How about you, where else have you applied?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

How about you, where else have you applied?!
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's pretty cool that they'll let you do that. I've not hit the submit button yet but am really hoping for St. Georges as my #1, others are Barts, Kings and Southampton.
Reply 5
I'm applying for SGUL as well. But i'm struggling to pick my last choice for med school. Any suggestions? Only can apply to schools that accept GAMSAT or BMAT 😕

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
Hi guys, I got an interview invite yesterday. I also received an email saying that they'll limit the places for next year's class to only 8 students. What do you think about that/ did you receive the email?

Hope your applications and everything else is going well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi guys, I got an interview invite yesterday. I also received an email saying that they'll limit the places for next year's class to only 8 students. What do you think about that/ did you receive the email?

Hope your applications and everything else is going well!!

Hi lumobluger183,

I was just wondering when you interviewed at SGUL. I interviewed March 28th...haven't heard back yet. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teeens
Hi lumobluger183,

I was just wondering when you interviewed at SGUL. I interviewed March 28th...haven't heard back yet. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I decided not to go to my interview, but how'd it go for you?? Did you get a tour of campus? Hope it went great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi, I decided not to go to my interview, but how'd it go for you?? Did you get a tour of campus? Hope it went great!!

Thank you very for your kind words!!! I did get a tour of the campus and it was very nice! Was your interview at sgul potentially schedule for March? I hope you received interviews at other schools you wanted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teeens
Thank you very for your kind words!!! I did get a tour of the campus and it was very nice! Was your interview at sgul potentially schedule for March? I hope you received interviews at other schools you wanted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, awesome! Yes mine was scheduled for the first week of march. And yes I did thank you :smile: I have an offer from King's College London so I'll be going there! All the best!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back after interviews yet?
Reply 12
Original post by LiveLifeEat
Anyone heard back after interviews yet?

Hey, not yet! When did you interview?
Original post by Teeens
Hey, not yet! When did you interview?

28th march - you?
Reply 14
Original post by LiveLifeEat
28th march - you?

Hey SAME! I was in the AM group. I still haven't heard back yet. Have you or anyone else heard back? I'm going to email them at 6 weeks if there still isn't anything. I confirmed with the North American Admissions counselor that this year there are only 8 spots TOTAL available in the program. Where are you from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending