The Student Room Group

Dad threatening me to cut my hair

My dad has threatened voilence against me and threatened to kick me out of the house if I don't cut my long hair :frown: I don't see what the issue is if a guy wants to grows his hair long. It suits me actually and everyone else says it looks fine on me. I'm a grown adult ffs I have the freedom to live my life the way I want to, my dad can't force me to cut my hair if he doesn't like long hair on guys. It's my hair and I can do whatever the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: I want to it :mad:

What should I do? I have thought about calling the police as he's getting quite aggressive towards me. Don't know what his problem is tbh :angry:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My dad has threatened voilence against me and threatened to kick me out of the house if I don't cut my long hair :frown: I don't see what the issue is if a guy wants to grows his hair long. It suits me actually and everyone else says it looks fine on me. I'm a grown adult ffs I have the freedom to live my life the way I want to, my dad can't force me to cut my hair if he doesn't like long hair on guys. It's my hair and I can do whatever the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: I want to it :mad:

What should I do? I have thought about calling the police as he's getting quite aggressive towards me. Don't know what his problem is tbh :angry:

If you're a grown adult then move out

As you say you are a grown adult, but you live under his roof.
Calling the police is a good way to o about getting kicked out.
You have freedom to live the life you want elsewhere.

Does it affect you job ?

Say you're growing it out long to donate to the little princess trust, or actually donate and grow your hair out again afterwards.

And no offence, but your dad sounds like a bit of a dick.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
As you say you are a grown adult, but you live under his roof.
Calling the police is a good way to o about getting kicked out.
You have freedom to live the life you want elsewhere.

Does it affect you job ?

I'm currently a student and I commute to uni. I do plan on leaving once I graduate and got a job but atm I have no where eles to go :frown:

So you saying if I call the police it makes things worse? What do I do if he assults me?

Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Say you're growing it out long to donate to the little princess trust, or actually donate and grow your hair out again afterwards.

And no offence, but your dad sounds like a bit of a dick.

No I agree my dad is being dick no eles has a issue with my long hair but him. He says he feels embrassed and ashamed. I honestly don't understand what the issue is?
Reply 5
Wow, that's ridiculous. You have the right to do want you want with your hair. It's not his hair! Settle this calmly when he's in a good mood. Or if that doesn't work, you may need to compromise with him. For example, compromise by getting it cut slightly shorter but not as short as he wants it to be.
I'm currently a student and I commute to uni. I do plan on leaving once I graduate and got a job but atm I have no where eles to go :frown:

So you saying if I call the police it makes things worse? What do I do if he assults me?

No I agree my dad is being dick no eles has a issue with my long hair but him. He says he feels embrassed and ashamed. I honestly don't understand what the issue is?

What does your mother think of it?

1. Then dont commute and live away from home/ In the meantime do extra hours.
2. Im saying if you call the police on your dad, then relations will dip even further and you will most likely be asked to leave. Do you think he will welcome you calling the police? What does your mum say?
3. What are his reasons for telling you to cut your hair? is he asian?
4. You can tell him you are a student and plenty have long hair.
5. Cutting your hair isnt the end of the world. You can grow it back when you leave. If it is that important to you, then you should make a stand, but be prepared to find another place to live.
Reply 8
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
What does your mother think of it?

My mum doesn't like my long hair but she's supportive of me if that makes me happy and she doesn't care to much about it like my dad.

1. Then dont commute and live away from home/ In the meantime do extra hours.
2. Im saying if you call the police on your dad, then relations will dip even further and you will most likely be asked to leave. Do you think he will welcome you calling the police? What does your mum say?
3. What are his reasons for telling you to cut your hair? is he asian?
4. You can tell him you are a student and plenty have long hair.
5. Cutting your hair isnt the end of the world. You can grow it back when you leave. If it is that important to you, then you should make a stand, but be prepared to find another place to live.

But it's cheaper to stay at home then to live away while at uni. Plus the uni is not that far from my house.

I do understand where your coming from that it could damage my relations with my dad. So your saying if he assults that I should let him and do nothing about? That's abuse

Yeah I'm asain (how did you know lol :tongue:) he says I look stupid and it's girly and I look like a animal etc...

My hair is about roughly like this but slightly longer

Spoiler

My mum doesn't like my long hair but she's supportive of me if that makes me happy and she doesn't care to much about it like my dad.

But it's cheaper to stay at home then to live away while at uni. Plus the uni is not that far from my house.

I do understand where your coming from that it could damage my relations with my dad. So your saying if he assults that I should let him and do nothing about? That's abuse

Yeah I'm asain (how did you know lol :tongue:) he says I look stupid and it's girly and I look like a animal etc...

My hair is about roughly like this but slightly longer

Spoiler

Honestly you just sound like you are trolling. You claim its some serious threats of violence by your dad and you will call the police, but you cant be bothered to get a job and move out. Its his house fine a compromise or accede to his wishes or find your own place. If you think calling the police will help then go for it. You claim to be an adult and you can do what you like, but I suspect you are going to learn a lot when you finally leave uni.
If you feel that theres no problem with long hair then theres surely no problem with short hair? Just cut it, long hair doesnt suit boys anyways, it makes them look like theyre trying to make a statement/ are hippy/ or just weird if it isnt tied back. Short hair is prefered by almost everyone anyways. And your dads abit over the top abit this whole thing
Honestly you just sound like you are trolling. You claim its some serious threats of violence by your dad and you will call the police, but you cant be bothered to get a job and move out. Its his house fine a compromise or accede to his wishes or find your own place. If you think calling the police will help then go for it. You claim to be an adult and you can do what you like, but I suspect you are going to learn a lot when you finally leave uni.

I'm not trolling I'm being serious here. I got a part time job but moving out is quite expensive especailly in london. I don't claim to be an adult I am a adult I'm 20 years old. I guess I will make some sort of compromise I cut it shorter but still have it long, so it statisfy both of us :sigh: I hate my dad :angry: I shall move out once I finish uni and regrow my long hair. I still don't understand what his issue is with guys with long hair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending