The Student Room Group

Official 2017 GCSE Exam Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey guys :smile: I'm taking:

Maths (higher) - Edexcel
Further Maths Level 2 - AQA
English Language - AQA
English Literature - AQA (Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol, Love and Relationships Anthology)
Biology - Edexcel (individual route)
Chemistry- Edexcel (individual route)
Physics- Edexcel (individual route)
Computer Science - OCR
History - Edexcel (History A)
French - Edexcel
Business Studies - Edexcel
Religious Studies - AQA (Christian ethics and Hinduism)

I don't know anyone else doing Hinduism for RS :s-smilie:, we're taking it because our head of department had taught Christianity and Hinduism at uni level but she's on maternity leave now so we don't have any more proper in school help. If anyone is by any chance taking it, predictions would be really helpful :smile:
Original post by purplesockmonkey
Religion and Morality (Unit 3) and Philosophy and Ultimate Questions (Unit 4). You? :smile:

Aw I'm doing Christian ethics and Mark's gospel. I heard for maths they're gonna just give us all the reject questions bc it's the last year :frown:
Original post by nish2910
Aw I'm doing Christian ethics and Mark's gospel. I heard for maths they're gonna just give us all the reject questions bc it's the last year :frown:

Oh noooooo I hope not :frown::frown::frown:

How is your RE revision going?
Not too great I have so many parables to learn and I'm just finding RS in general so time consuming like 3 hours. Wbu?
I'm doing(igcse):
German Edexcel
Spanish Edexcel
Economics cie
Geography cie
Maths edexcel
Further maths aqa
Chemistry aqa
Physics edexcel
Biology edexcel
English literature cie (silas marner :/,songs of ourselves, a view from the bridge)
English language cie
Original post by safa_k
I'm doing(igcse):
German Edexcel
Spanish Edexcel
Economics cie
Geography cie
Maths edexcel
Further maths aqa
Chemistry aqa
Physics edexcel
Biology edexcel
English literature cie (silas marner :/,songs of ourselves, a view from the bridge)
English language cie

omg im doing silas marner i HATE IT and songs of ourselves. i think im doing love wbu?
Reply 67
ahhh I also do Silas and it's truly awful, but I think it's actually quite easy with extract qs unless its the pub scene!! do you do merchant of venice too?? and is your songs of oursleves the one with 'my parents' and 'for heidi with blue hair'?
Reply 68
I'm doing:

Biology (Edexcel IGCSE)
Chemistry (Edexcel IGCSE)
Physics (Edexcel IGCSE)
English lit (CIE IGCSE - Inherit the wind, merchant of venice, songs of ourselves, silas marner)
English lang (OCR GCSE)
Maths (Edexcel GCSE)
French (CIE IGCSE - Russia)
History (CIE IGCSE)
Geography (AQA GCSE - Coastal zone, Ice on land, Plate tectonics, Changing urban environements, tourism and development gap)
Art
Original post by m!ek
ahhh I also do Silas and it's truly awful, but I think it's actually quite easy with extract qs unless its the pub scene!! do you do merchant of venice too?? and is your songs of oursleves the one with 'my parents' and 'for heidi with blue hair'?

lol if its the pub scene we are all screwed. and yep that's songs of ourselves (I like how u chose the worst poems haha). I'm gonna start revising silas marner next week but my notes are truly dreadful. how has ur revision gone?
Original post by m!ek

I'm doing merchant of Venice! What do you think will come extract wise for both of them? Any tips for Silas extract BC I need to get an A* in English. No I'm doing songs of ourselves with the clod and the pebble and phantom of delight :frown:
Original post by safa_k
lol if its the pub scene we are all screwed. and yep that's songs of ourselves (I like how u chose the worst poems haha). I'm gonna start revising silas marner next week but my notes are truly dreadful. how has ur revision gone?

Wait why we screwed for pub scene!! Is that a prediction for what will come
Wait why we screwed for pub scene!! Is that a prediction for what will come

chapter 6 right? its was so boring that our class just skipped it haha. lets just say our school isn't exactly that prepared. we haven't even finished our drama text yet.
Original post by safa_k
chapter 6 right? its was so boring that our class just skipped it haha. lets just say our school isn't exactly that prepared. we haven't even finished our drama text yet.

Lol idk I haven't revised it yet, don't worry we just finished mov on the last day!
Lol idk I haven't revised it yet, don't worry we just finished mov on the last day!

what are your expected grades? and how have u been revising so far?
Original post by safa_k
what are your expected grades? and how have u been revising so far?

I'm predicted an A* but my mock didn't go that well I got an A for Silas Marner (grades are subjective I want an A* in English) so now I'm really worried. I always do extract but do you know any predictions I'm so stressed
I'm predicted an A* but my mock didn't go that well I got an A for Silas Marner (grades are subjective I want an A* in English) so now I'm really worried. I always do extract but do you know any predictions I'm so stressed

omg same haha. its my worst subject! I have no idea how to revise for it. I'm literally not motivated to do any revision, instead I'm just doing past papers but ah well.
Original post by safa_k
omg same haha. its my worst subject! I have no idea how to revise for it. I'm literally not motivated to do any revision, instead I'm just doing past papers but ah well.

I haven't done any so dw! Is there any way to look at past papers and see what extracts they've done so we know they're def not gonna do them this year? The scene w Priscilla and Nancy won't come obv BC that was 2016's. My teacher has no predictions so a bit annoying :frown:
I haven't done any so dw! Is there any way to look at past papers and see what extracts they've done so we know they're def not gonna do them this year? The scene w Priscilla and Nancy won't come obv BC that was 2016's. My teacher has no predictions so a bit annoying :frown:

there is a website called papacambridge and it has past papers
Original post by safa_k
there is a website called papacambridge and it has past papers

Okay thanks I wonder what extract they will do

Quick Reply

Latest