The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nverjvlev
hey, I feel like that a lot, for me it's just exhaustion I think, maybe you need to take a break? obviously everyone is different though! hope you feel better soon <3 :h:

hello :hugs: and i think you were right, my headache has subsidised a little :redface: my throat is still swollen but i would sooner that
and ty :cube: nice too see you again :yes:
Knackered but also pleased about getting my first car :smile:
Original post by ForestShadow
oh wow thats a story and a half :lol: Ive done very minimal hours tho and my fam dont own a manual car so the 30hrs with my instructor is all Ive had, he says Im realistically ambitious for this test :rofl: Ive only done 12 hrs in the test town dorchester too which are all figures below average but Im generally alert and good at driving I think, overconfidence at roundabouts does happen

how did it go? :smile:
everything is so stressful
Like there's some conspiracy

- Working in the south east
- Get offers in the south east regarding jobs whilst still working
- Got fired, and no job offers despite my LinkedIn basically not being updated and still saying I worked at my previous company
- Six months and no job
- Get a job up north, after actively applying to jobs.
- Almost immediately, I get approached on LinkedIn, not by recruiters but... companies themselves

It's just a massive conspiracy :biggrin:. You're approached when you don't want em to, and... nothing at all when you actually want em to.
Original post by CoolCavy

What's up Cavy?
Original post by cupcakes87
how did it go? :smile:

I actually passed with 5 minors in the end so Im over the freakin moon :moon: , only did 36hrs lessons and no practice outside of lessons!

awww hope ite gets better :hugs:

and thanks for the vm it was no problem, did you identify what illness you had in the end or was it over quickly ??
idk why but i just feel very dead and empty today.
Original post by The_Internet
What's up Cavy?

just feel really stressed trying to revise and do coursework for a levels but also trying to wrangle all these forms for student finance and then i got this email about accommodation so now im stressing about that as well :redface:

I actually passed with 5 minors in the end so Im over the freakin moon :moon: , only did 36hrs lessons and no practice outside of lessons!

and thanks for the vm it was no problem, did you identify what illness you had in the end or was it over quickly ??

Well done for your driving test :woo:
and ty :hugs: and no :/ idk what it is, still having headaches and dizzyness and my throat is swollen so maybe it s a virsus idk :redface: dont have a temperature tho so that's something :hugs:
just feel really stressed trying to revise and do coursework for a levels but also trying to wrangle all these forms for student finance and then i got this email about accommodation so now im stressing about that as well :redface:

I havent revised barely at all this easter and havent done finance or accom either, my advice is to take them 1 at a time. Do 1 thing first and isolate the other tasks so you wont be overwhelmed, try to shut off other areas of your brain whilst you work hard and concentrate on one thing :hugs:

Well done for your driving test :woo:
and ty :hugs: and no :/ idk what it is, still having headaches and dizzyness and my throat is swollen so maybe it s a virsus idk :redface: dont have a temperature tho so that's something :hugs:

Ahhhh I see. Student finance may actually seem super important (and it is), but to give credit to them, they backdate all payments. Your main worry, sholdn't be the student finance but more so your A levels tbh. I can understand why accommodation might be an issue, but so long as you reach them before the deadline, it shouldn't be an issue. It's only when you get to them...after the deadline where you're forced in to the private sector. I hope this helped any how :smile:
I don't count
Feeling generally okay but...

Mega p*ssed off with them there trolls...
Reply 2054
Long time no see :smile:
I havent revised barely at all this easter and havent done finance or accom either, my advice is to take them 1 at a time. Do 1 thing first and isolate the other tasks so you wont be overwhelmed, try to shut off other areas of your brain whilst you work hard and concentrate on one thing :hugs:

:hugs: i didnt know you had applied to uni :eek: good luck man :hugs:
and yeh, that's what people tell me inrl, it's good advice, just not very good at taking it :redface:
a useful thing i have found is instead of wasting time sitting there worrying about something that can't be sorted until the future, to do some other work which seems obvious, i guess cos it is :redface:

Original post by The_Internet
Ahhhh I see. Student finance may actually seem super important (and it is), but to give credit to them, they backdate all payments. Your main worry, sholdn't be the student finance but more so your A levels tbh. I can understand why accommodation might be an issue, but so long as you reach them before the deadline, it shouldn't be an issue. It's only when you get to them...after the deadline where you're forced in to the private sector. I hope this helped any how :smile:

backdate all payments? :colondollar:
and yeh i agree totally :redface: ik everything is going to be ok logically but i just panic about it and idk why :redface:
and thank you it did :hugs: you are always very caring towards me and i appreciate it :yes:

ur back :eek: :hello:
frustrated=see recent post re UA/reply...
yeah you do :console: :hugs:

unless you mean you dont count in numbers which Im sure you can also do :yep:

WOOOOOOO! smashed it! :cool: Congrats! you passed! :dance:
Original post by cupcakes87
WOOOOOOO! smashed it! :cool: Congrats! you passed! :dance:

THANK YOUUUUUUU :h:

I barely believed it myself lmao when the guy said ' you passed'

I was like

'are you sure'
'do you wanna check dat'
'you can take it back if you want I wont be offended'
'were you in the car with the same driver I was?'

I also had a minor breakdown cos I wasnt sure if you could have gum in the test but you could so its all good in da hood
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending