The Student Room Group

Baznoy's journey to A*A*A*A*

:party: Welcome! :party:

Hi all! I'm Ellie and I'm in my A2 year at sixth form studying maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. I'm hoping to go to uni to study physical natural sciences starting this October 2017, and this thread is a thread to sort of motivate me to get the grades I've wanted to get for the past year and a half.

Achieved Grades:

GCSE : 3A*s, 8As, 1B, 1C. (I had extenuating circumstances mentioned in my reference.)

AS Level : 4As, 292 ums in maths, 266 in further maths, chemistry and physics were linear but high A's.

Predicted Grades:

4A*s in maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. I should get my A* in maths, but the other 3 are harder to get. I'm aiming to hopefully get an A* in at least one of the sciences, but I don't know if that's possible. I'm thinking I'll get an A for further maths though, the exams can easily trip you up.

Universities:

I have received 4 offers for entry this year. I applied to Cambridge, and received an interview at Downing College but was rejected after interview.

Offers:

Durham University, Trevelyan College - A*AA (A* maths, AA chem physics)
York University - A*AA (maths, chem, physics) or AAAA
Bath University - A*AA (maths, chem, physics)
Lancaster University - Unconditional if firm, AAA (maths, chem, physics) otherwise

I have firmed Durham, and insured York.

So yes, this is going to my little thread for the upcoming exams, and I'm hoping it'll keep me motivated about getting my grades and if this will help my anxiety, that's a bonus too!

Please keep your mean comments to yourself. I don't want to hear them as this is supposed to be a motivational thread, not a thread where everyone is mean to me.

Edit!

Thought I'd just put on here what I got to save you from scrolling through the comments.

I got 3A*s and an A! The A was in further maths, as expected, and the A*s in maths, chemistry & physics. Initially I got an A in physics, but I got it remarked and it went up to an A*! I'm now off to Trevelyan College, Durham, to study Natural Sciences. I did think about reapplying to Cambridge, but have decided against it as I've already made friends who are going to Durham with me, and loved Durham a lot when I visited, and I don't really want to take a gap year!
But yes, I'm very excited for what the future will bring. I received my timetable yesterday and have got 5 hours of lectures without a break on Monday mornings.. how wonderful!
Thank you for your kind comments :-)
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by wujdtmann
If making some pretentious post about some imaginary grades that nobody cares about is what you do in your spare time, I think you need to get a life.

They aren't bloody imaginary, and I'm trying to get motivated on here. I'm not doing this for people to see it, I'm doing it for me. My life is studying, because if you haven't read the title I'm trying to get 4A*s. You're just cruel and jealous, and if you've got nothing better to do than post horrible things like this on people's motivating posts, then you clearly need to get a life, not me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by baznoy
They aren't bloody imaginary, and I'm trying to get motivated on here. My life is studying, because if you haven't read the title I'm trying to get 4A*s. You're just cruel and jealous, and if you've got nothing better to do than post horrible things like this on people's motivating posts, then <i>you</i> clearly need to get a life, not me.

Newsflash: There's more to life than just getting an A* in everything. Most people would give their back teeth to get one A*, and you making out you can just get four A*s at A-level with ease is highly arrogant and pretentious. Nope, I'm definitely not jealous. I already have my GCSEs but you don't see me bragging about it everywhere. And another thing, you're not entitled seven A*s. You got three A*s so be happy with it. What difference does it make anyway? Your friend got one more A* than you. END OF THE WORLD, isn't it.
Reply 3
Newsflash: There's more to life than just getting an A* in everything. Most people would give their back teeth to get one A*, and you making out you can just get four A*s at A-level with ease is highly arrogant and pretentious. Nope, I'm definitely not jealous. I already have my GCSEs but you don't see me bragging about it everywhere. And another thing, you're not entitled seven A*s. You got three A*s so be happy with it. What difference does it make anyway? Your friend got one more A* than you. END OF THE WORLD, isn't it.

You may think that, but when you've been working for the past few years to get A*s in everything, it pretty much becomes your life. I want a good job, a good degree at a good uni, so why shouldn't I be wanting that?
I'm clearly not making it out to be easy that I can get 4A*s. Did you not read my post? If I work my socks off I should hopefully be able to achieve 3 of them, and I don't think I'll get it in the other subject, so that's not arrogance - you need a dictionary quite obviously. I'm not bragging about my GCSEs either. I was entitled to 7, thank you very much. You don't know my background, you don't know what I've been through. I don't care what my friend's GCSEs are in comparison to mine. Just get off my thread, I don't want mean people like you here.
Love this! Keep up the fab work
Reply 5
Original post by tryingmybest2015
Love this! Keep up the fab work

thank you! I'm trying to :-D.

What a troll. I salute you, sir.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by EnglishNoobC
What a troll. I salute you, sir.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not a troll??? People like that actually exist???
Hey Ellie. I would love to get those grades, and I'm really inspired by your success so far! I think you've done really well at every level. It sounds like you've got a ton of motivation so I think you will get that 4th A* :wink: I would love to be in your seat now but unfortunately I ain't haha. My goal is to get AAA at a level and I would be v happy :smile: lots of work needed though! I'd say just keep doing what you're doing, and don't let any nonsense get to you. They ARE jealous, and we DO CARE about your amazing grades. Reach for the stars :wink: lol
Original post by chazer154
Hey Ellie. I would love to get those grades, and I'm really inspired by your success so far! I think you've done really well at every level. It sounds like you've got a ton of motivation so I think you will get that 4th A* :wink: I would love to be in your seat now but unfortunately I ain't haha. My goal is to get AAA at a level and I would be v happy :smile: lots of work needed though! I'd say just keep doing what you're doing, and don't let any nonsense get to you. They ARE jealous, and we DO CARE about your amazing grades. Reach for the stars :wink: lol

Yes omg I love all the positive vibes here. Totally behind both of you, you and Ellie, hope you achieve every success you dream of :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by chazer154

thank you very much! that's very kind of you. Best of luck for getting your grades this year :smile:
Original post by baznoy
I'm not a troll??? People like that actually exist???

They quoted the other poster.

Regardless, good luck! I'm sure that you'll do well! :smile:
Original post by baznoy
You may think that, but when you've been working for the past few years to get A*s in everything, it pretty much becomes your life. I want a good job, a good degree at a good uni, so why shouldn't I be wanting that?
I'm clearly not making it out to be easy that I can get 4A*s. Did you not read my post? If I work my socks off I should hopefully be able to achieve 3 of them, and I don't think I'll get it in the other subject, so that's not arrogance - you need a dictionary quite obviously. I'm not bragging about my GCSEs either. I was entitled to 7, thank you very much. You don't know my background, you don't know what I've been through. I don't care what my friend's GCSEs are in comparison to mine. Just get off my thread, I don't want mean people like you here.

Stop buying into this feminist propaganda that it is your absolute duty to get all A*s, study some lame degree at a snob's university, and work some dead-end job the rest of your life. A well paid job, is that all you care about? Meanwhile the UK's birth rate rapidly falls and we enter stage 5 of the demographic transition model - all because women thought it would be a good idea to be independent. Thanks feminists.
Reply 13
Stop buying into this feminist propaganda that it is your absolute duty to get all A*s, study some lame degree at a snob's university, and work some dead-end job the rest of your life. A well paid job, is that all you care about? Meanwhile the UK's birth rate rapidly falls and we enter stage 5 of the demographic transition model - all because women thought it would be a good idea to be independent. Thanks feminists.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a proper response.

Go back to /pol/ lmao
Which exam boards are you doing?

I am doing Edexcel Maths+FM

Ocr a chemistry and physics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by baznoy

dont feed the troll just ignore them :P

too many trolls on here grr
Original post by baznoy

It's a real issue if you didn't know. Thanks to this "liberation", young people will have to work their arses off to fund NHS death beds, due to there being so many elderly people nowadays. But I wouldn't expect you feminists to care about. You only care about money, why not just become a cam whōre? It would suit you much better.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow, it sucks that your first reply on here is someone being hateful about an aim which is totally within your reach. You can get those 4 A*s, ignore the idiots who are probably jealous that you're getting higher up in this world than they are :tongue:
It's a real issue if you didn't know. Thanks to this "liberation", young people will have to work their arses off to fund NHS death beds now, due to there being so many elderly people now. But I wouldn't expect you feminists to care about. You only care about money, why not just become a cam whōre? It would suit you much better.

I would reply, but that would be derailing the OP's post. Feel free to post on D&CA and I'll give you a more thorough response, if you so wish.

Quick Reply

Latest