The Student Room Group

Do not go to kings

For the love of God, if you are trying to decide between two options for medicine, pick ANYWHERE else that is not King's.

There are many reasons for them having the lowest student satisfaction score in the country. Don't make the error I did, and ignore that fact.

If you want your uni career to be filled with constant administrative issues that are never rectified, or apologised for, than King's is the place for you. Equally, if you want to be left completely unsupported for your entire time being there, come onnnn down! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by regrets!
For the love of God, if you are trying to decide between two options for medicine, pick ANYWHERE else that is not King's.

There are many reasons for them having the lowest student satisfaction score in the country. Don't make the error I did, and ignore that fact.

If you want your uni career to be filled with constant administrative issues that are never rectified, or apologised for, than King's is the place for you. Equally, if you want to be left completely unsupported for your entire time being there, come onnnn down! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Is it possible to get a transfer on medicine courses?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Is it possible to get a transfer on medicine courses?

no (unless you were at Oxford)

You are just going to have to make yourself a survival plan to help you complete the course intact with an eye to minimising misery and emotional trauma.

I'm assuming you are a first year. Just try and become a bit more stoic and philosophical, you might well be having a bad time, but you need to control your attitude to one that gives you max pay off.
How do other people survive.
Would you prefer not to be doing medicine at all?
Its a means to an end.

Start with writing lists of all the things you plan to do or all the ways in which you can make it more bearable.
You just have to get smart and make the most of what you perceive to be a bad situation.
Get tips and learn from those who have done it or are coping.

For goodness sake dont fail any years as having to retake a year would be hilariously ba for you.
Also dont forget you wont be in lecturers forever and then you will get out on the wards which could be good or worse lol.
Moan to your friends or find some other means of stress relief. You really need to look out for and manage your own wellbeing. Those are the things I would be looking at.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
You are just going to have to make yourself a survival plan to help you complete the course intact with an eye to minimising misery and emotional trauma.

Lol I don't go to Kings btw. (if your post was aimed at me)
Original post by Query22
Lol I don't go to Kings btw. (if your post was aimed at me)

Ooops was meant to be for OP ..
Reply 6
Ooops was meant to be for OP ..

Lol, I am a fourth year, so your assumption is wrong! :colondollar:
Reply 7

I'm assuming you are a first year. Just try and become a bit more stoic and philosophical, you might well be having a bad time, but you need to control your attitude to one that gives you max pay off.
How do other people survive.
Would you prefer not to be doing medicine at all?
Its a means to an end.

Start with writing lists of all the things you plan to do or all the ways in which you can make it more bearable.
You just have to get smart and make the most of what you perceive to be a bad situation.
Get tips and learn from those who have done it or are coping.

For goodness sake dont fail any years as having to retake a year would be hilariously ba for you.
Also dont forget you wont be in lecturers forever and then you will get out on the wards which could be good or worse lol.
Moan to your friends or find some other means of stress relief. You really need to look out for and manage your own wellbeing. Those are the things I would be looking at.

As above, I'm not at Kings (or doing medicine). You can edit your post and replace my quote with the OP? :tongue:
Lol, I am a fourth year, so your assumption is wrong! :colondollar:

Fair enough. It wasnt with much conviction.

I will assume your post was just a moment of

Btw where did you wish you had gone and which are the places, that people you know, are enjoying?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Fair enough. It wasnt with much conviction.

I will assume your post was just a moment of

4 long years of screaming. This new curriculum is an absolute nightmare to see enforced. They've miscalculated how many students are now expected to be in clinical settings, and do not have enough space in the hospitals. They also consistently lie in emails, and get angry when we call them out on it.

I'm just trying to save any poor soul that might be tempted to come, because I wish someone had done that to me.
4 long years of screaming. This new curriculum is an absolute nightmare to see enforced. They've miscalculated how many students are now expected to be in clinical settings, and do not have enough space in the hospitals. They also consistently lie in emails, and get angry when we call them out on it.

I'm just trying to save any poor soul that might be tempted to come, because I wish someone had done that to me.

Ofc I would suggest you should complain and if there are enough of you then do so as a year or use your student reps, but I guiess thats where you look back telling me I am insane.

You should write a more detailed thread on your experience. Quite a few pharmacists/ optometrists have written detailed threads warning people about their professions and I bet theyve warned people off.
Reply 11
Ofc I would suggest you should complain and if there are enough of you then do so as a year or use your student reps, but I guiess thats where you look back telling me I am insane.

Oh don't worry, we have done this multiple times. Do they ever listen or do anything? Helllllll nooooooooo
That's true, the new curriculum is a bit of a nightmare but overall King's isn't an awful place to study medicine.
I was at KCL it wasn't that bad
Your username :biggrin:. So it's worse than St George's then?
Is this the same for pretty much every course?

What about something similar like dentistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by RandomStudent97
That's true, the new curriculum is a bit of a nightmare but overall King's isn't an awful place to study medicine.

Come back to me after you've done more than one year

Original post by Trinculo
I was at KCL it wasn't that bad

Did you do medicine though?

Original post by Ladymusiclover
Your username :biggrin:. So it's worse than St George's then?

From general impression, yes. Obviously can't judge SGUL massively, due to not ever going there...

Original post by tayyeb98
Is this the same for pretty much every course?

What about something similar like dentistry?

Again, not sure about this one. I think they have better student satisfaction for dentistry, but don't quote me
I've never heard anyone who has studied/is studying at kings and doing medicine, say that they enjoy it there. Not 1 person. Yet several people are crazy to apply for medicine there, because its Kings, and its prestigious and pretty and russell group. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending