AS grades:

Spoiler

University applications for Physics

Spoiler

Mock exam results:

Spoiler

Some inspiration:

Spoiler

If you have any questions just ask...I'm quite friendly despite what some may think haha :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
21/01/17

Maths: Probably not much. Pretty much done with C3 & C4, just need to finish S2 now (I hate stats lol)

FM:

FP2: Going to do some of the Madas booklets for 1st & 2nd order O.D.Es.
M2: Finish the booklet on Centre of mass
D2: ...Nothing lol (I haven't even started this module yet)

Should probably mention that I'm self teaching FM as my school hasn't got a teacher for it :frown: Tbh its waaaay better cuz I can go at a faster pace

Physics:

Thermodynamics: Go over flashcards and then do a few past paper questions
Radioactivity: Start this topic by reading over textbook and watching a few youtube vids + make flashcards

Eco:

Micro: Do my essay plan on "Is Apple a Monopolist". Make flashcards on market structures and then do some Gojimo
Macro: Make flashcards for Globalisation and intl trade

Hopefully should be able to get this all done lol
(edited 7 years ago)
22/01/17

Maths:

Nothing lol

Further maths:

FP2: Did quite a few complex number and polar coordinate questions. Polar coordinates seem to be fine (hopefully), just need to make sure my limits when integrating are correct. I don't enjoy complex transformations at all but De Moivre's (or whatever his name is) theorem is so calm.

Physics:

Did my homework on thermodynamics (2 days early!!!)
My teacher didn't even know that we had to learn how to derive the pressure of a gas equation lmao...just shows how sh*t she is :lol: what can I do eh

Economics:

Nothing :frown: But I will try to make some flashcards and go over my old ones

School tomorrow and I have another FP2 & M2 mock this week which should be fun (sarcasm...maybe)
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
23/01/17

Maths:

Got back our C4 integration test today and I got an A (woo) :biggrin:
Also did a C3 paper (Jan 09) and managed to get 67/75. Although there were no A* grades back then, I was hoping to get 68 as that is 90% but I guess with more practice, it will get better.

FM:

Will have a look at a few past paper questions for FP2

Physics:

Finished my big pack of unit 4 (old edexcel spec) questions. There were like 220 questions which took like 3 months loool

Economics:

Did a 15 marker on taxes and it was decent but very time pressured lol

General comments:

Meh. idk. Pretty stressed about life and not enjoying much tbh.
I really need to do some exercise mannn. Apparently it helps with school stuff and stress lol
24/01/17

Maths:

So I have a C3 test on Thursday so just going over some c3 lol

FM:

Way too fu*king much LOOL. I'm retaking M1, D1 & C2(for ums lol) and now my teacher has suddenly dropped mock exams for m1 d1 fp2 m2 and c2 this week and next week. Bloody hell i can't even remember wtf a vertex is from d1...im pissed loool

Physics:

Meh. Started radiation today and it was okay but my teacher is the worst. Like So Bad. Not only does she not know the content very well, she doesn't even know the spec at all wtf

Economics:

Did some 25 marker on "is Apple a monopolist", it was calm I guess.

General comments:

Just want these 2 weeks go go quickly man :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Sunday 29/01/17

Haven't updated in a while lol :hide:

Maths:

Had a C3 past paper in class...got 74/75 :biggrin: tbh it wasn't even a past paper. It was the exam style paper at the back of the textbook :rofl: but yeah most of it was calm. Just forgot a square root and I lost one mark haha oh well.

Further maths:

Had a proper FP2 mock and they gave me the 2016 paper. That was a beast. Like there was some loopy integration question but I got it right in the end which I'm pleased with. Hardest part was probably polar coor question; I proper used highlighters to separate the shapes lool. Other than that it was fine. Expecting 65+ maybe? I'll find out soon :tongue:

Physics:

Eurgh I hate my teacher. lets not

Eco:

Finally finished all of theme 4 content and have 1 more topic on theme 3. Should be calm

General comments:

Meh. decent week. Have D1 and M2 mocks this week so thats something to look forward to (not)
Saturday 4/02/17

Something really weird happened at the library today :rofl:

Maths:

Trying to plough through vectors in C4 and I have a class test on Monday for C4.
Its going decent (I think) been doing those IYGB papers and they are really good and challenging but manage to get good marks each time :smile:

FM:

Walked out of my M2 exam with 30 mins left. Not because I finished early. But cuz I fu****g flopped the paper sooooo bad. Thought I was prepared to an extent but seems like I wasn't. I know I did so bad that I even emailed my teacher because I know she won't be impressed so I'm trying to soften the blow haha. Other mocks went good tho. Will update when I get marks back. :cry: :sad:

Physics:

Got so many questions to do from some textbook. Gonna try do as much as possible now :frown:

Eco:

Have to catch up on some Microeconomics. And finish it off lol

General comments:

Was ill so missed Thur and Fri. Kinda wasted today as well cuz of what happened at the library lmaooo
14/04/17

Wow.. Haven't updated this in a while. Been quite busy with revision and haven't had much time to be on this.

Maths:

Content is all finished, now just banging out past papers. C3/4 is good apart from vectors haha. Will be doing Madas booklets to improve. S2 is also alright, just need to stop making silly errors (like always :redface: )

FM:

So I switched from D2 to S3 cuz decision is dead af lool. S3 is pretty nice, in fact I prefer it over S2 haha. FP2 is okay, just need to start banging out past papers now. M2 is not nice. Probably my hardest module lol. Although I have improved by doing the Madas booklets.

Physics:

Just banging out past papers but they are sooo hard loool. Need to work on astrophysics a lot cuz that sh*t is confusing for me.

Economics:

Meh. Just need to go over some of A2 macro and some topics in micro. Other than that, past papers are pretty decent.

:scared:
good luck!
Are you doing the old spec past papers for Physics?
Original post by urgurlbecca
good luck!

Original post by LeCroissant
Are you doing the old spec past papers for Physics?

Yeah. They're pretty much the only things that we have so gotta uitlise them. What are you using?
Original post by hellomynameisr

Yeah. They're pretty much the only things that we have so gotta uitlise them. What are you using?

I've been using booklets from ExamPro but I'm going to start using the old spec papers pretty soon. I'm just worried about how representative they will be :s-smilie:
I've been using booklets from ExamPro but I'm going to start using the old spec papers pretty soon. I'm just worried about how representative they will be :s-smilie:

The physics itself will be the same, just the format of the questions might vary. Nonetheless, practice is still practice and we kinda need everything we can get to prepare for the final thing.

Im on edexcel and the old spec was already ridiculously difficult so I'd imagine they can't increase the difficulty by that much.

What board are you doing and how did you find the specimens/ last years AS paper?
Original post by hellomynameisr
The physics itself will be the same, just the format of the questions might vary. Nonetheless, practice is still practice and we kinda need everything we can get to prepare for the final thing.

Im on edexcel and the old spec was already ridiculously difficult so I'd imagine they can't increase the difficulty by that much.

What board are you doing and how did you find the specimens/ last years AS paper?

I'm doing AQA and the old spec papers were soooo much easier than the new spec papers!
I didn't do very well on last year's AS papers because after getting As on a few old spec papers for practice, I thought I didn't have to revise :redface:.
I'm doing AQA and the old spec papers were soooo much easier than the new spec papers!
I didn't do very well on last year's AS papers because after getting As on a few old spec papers for practice, I thought I didn't have to revise :redface:.

If you really want a challenge try some Edexcel papers, the gbs are crazy, like 60-75% for an A-A* lol.

I think with physics (or any subject for that matter), practice and memorising mark schemes is key to make sure you get those easy marks where others might mess up, cuz then when they find the gbs, you might be on the far right of the normal distribution curve (that maths eh)
15/04/17 Schedule:

June 2007 S3: DONE: (67/75) Good given I only finished it recently :biggrin:

Unit 5 Physics Jan 2011: DONE (53/80 lol A was 2 marks away)

Unit 4 Physics Jan 2011: DONE (54/80 A* was 57)

C4 Paper Jan 06: DONE (71/75) Silly errors costed 4 marks

M2 Paper Jan 07: DONE (60/75) Proper flopped that lool. First M2 paper. Okay given its probably my worst module.
(edited 7 years ago)
16/04/17 Schedule:

June 06 M2: DONE (61/75) was an A but only by 2 marks

Micro mind maps: DONE

Macro mind maps: DONE

Physics holiday work (2 days before break it over lmao): DONE
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending