The Student Room Group

What do you do if an unattractive guy keeps looking at you

So youre at the library and a guy sits near your view, and he looks at you first. You notice and lock eyes and he looks away. You don't find him attractive.

He then looks continuously. Do you look back at him or just ignore him?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So youre at the library and a guy sits near your view, and he looks at you first. You notice and lock eyes and he looks away. You don't find him attractive.

Just ignore him and continue studying, I know it'd feel awkward but hopefully he'd stop. That is like the generic thing to do, it shows that your just busy studying-nothing else.

Let's say he was attractive in your eyes, then what would you want him to do?
Reply 2
Original post by Newbie_noob
Just ignore him and continue studying, I know it'd feel awkward but hopefully he'd stop. That is like the generic thing to do, it shows that your just busy studying-nothing else.

Let's say he was attractive in your eyes, then what would you want him to do?

If a guy looks at girl first and the girl notices and if the guy and girl continues to look at each other, would that mean the girl is attracted to him. In other words, if the girl doesn't like what she sees but they guy does and looks at the girl, does she just never look again and ignores him or continues looking

Go and tell him to stop eyeballing you and if he don't stop move to another seat.
Reply 4
Original post by AishaGirl
Go and tell him to stop eyeballing you and if he don't stop move to another seat.

If a guy looks at girl first and the girl notices and if the guy and girl continues to look at each other, would that mean the girl is attracted to him. In other words, if the girl doesn't like what she sees but they guy does and looks at the girl, does she just never look again and ignores him or continues looking

Look away, if you keep looking back then they'd think you like what you see.
Reply 6
Smile at the kid, make his day. He probably won't come talk to you so what does it hurt?
Reply 7
Just smile, the guy is probably attracted to you so take it with a pinch of salt and get on with your work . He's not going to come over if you smile.

Is this a thread making for girls only? of course, as a man I would ignore him. And the guy would do that too, unless he is homosexual. If he really is and would go further steps, I would speak clear words to him.
Be sick :colone:
In the library, if ignore someone.

In a pub, I'd get him to buy me a drink then sod off with it.

He obviously likes you, but is too shy to approach or doesn't have a good reason. You don't like him, so don't look at him-simple really. He'll get the message your not interested or are busy. If he is making you uncomfortable just move, no need to tell him otherwise it'll start a conversation.

Isn't this just common sense? If you like a guy you'll glance at him more often than not, it works both ways.

Don't smile, otherwise it'll just get his hopes up.
I feel sorry for people like this, poor guy is probably attracted to you and wants to be with you and you just want to get rid of him like that

I think you need to give him a subtle sign such as a shake of a head or a frown. This may feel awkward to do but it's the right thing.
Also try not to look his way and put your earphones on to forget that he's even there.
Going to talk to him seems over the top, he might not like you either and just be wondering why you were staring at him.

Just don't look again or move away
That is why I have a resting :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: face
If you're the unattractive guy, you think about life for the rest of the day, order a pizza and play some Fifa..

If you're the girl, show them no interest and hope that out don't ever see them again.
Reply 17
You continue doing your work like you're supposed to.
Original post by UWS
You continue doing your work like you're supposed to.

I'll knock you out bro with your stupid posts
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
If you're the unattractive guy, you think about life for the rest of the day, order a pizza and play some Fifa..

If you're the girl, show them no interest and hope that out don't ever see them again.

So if the girl continues to look back, does that suggest she's also interested?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending