The Student Room Group
Purchase the recommended revision materials online by copying the ISBN number and pasting it into your search browser. These materials are inexpensive and are essential to your preparation The Revision Guide - ISBN-13: 978-1782941828 The Workbook - ISBN-10: 1847626904 2. How long is the exam? (all exams are two hours long). What is on the exam? Refer to the syllabus guide for Biology for a complete list of the topics covered 3. What is the pass mark?
English Grade A*, A = 59-80 (74%)

Maths. Sit higher paper if you prefer to achieve A* (86-100) or A (71-85) B (56-70) C (41-55)

Science Grade A*= 132/ 144 (92%) Biology Grade A* =102 /120 (85%)
Hi, have you sat your exam?I'm hoping to do mine July 11th at Sheffield Hallam but from the emails I've received from equivalencytesting.com I can't book till June 30th
Hi, have you sat your exam?I'm hoping to do mine July 11th at Sheffield Hallam but from the emails I've received from equivalencytesting.com I can't book till June 30th
Reply 4
Original post by HannahChitt

Hi, no I haven't yet, I can't booked until the 20th June, for a 27th June exam! I think you just pay on the day.....
Ah ok :smile: will you let me know how you get on please :smile: also,I'm new to the student room so not sure I'm replying right 🙈
I am also doing mine on the 27th of June, and if I am honest, after trying some practise papers, I feel really worried!
Reply 7
Original post by StephanieM32
I am also doing mine on the 27th of June, and if I am honest, after trying some practise papers, I feel really worried!

Where have you got your practise papers from?
Original post by BethanyVJ
Where have you got your practise papers from?

just the ones that equivalency testing sent me? I haven't done biology before so finding it hard to retain it all. How are you finding it? wish i knew more of what the content is going to be in the exam paper!
Reply 9
just the ones that equivalency testing sent me? I haven't done biology before so finding it hard to retain it all. How are you finding it? wish i knew more of what the content is going to be in the exam paper!

I am in exactly the same position, I am finding it hard to retain it all. Did they send you a really old paper? I've only received that so far from them. They have told me that I can't book my test until the 20th......
Doesn't seem too old but not really sure.
It's says that I shouldn't go by content as it's just to give an idea of exam style.

I've managed to book as I'm not sitting it in Essex so they need to send out the paper to my university.
Try going on the AQA website,they have past papers there and answers,think they're similar style to the equivalency testing 👍
Original post by HannahChitt
Try going on the AQA website,they have past papers there and answers,think they're similar style to the equivalency testing 👍

Thanks Hannah, will definitely do that!

Have you done ET? Was it through equivelancytesting.com? How did you find it?

Loads of questions - sorry! It is just I haven't actually managed to speak to anyone who has done the test to know what it is like. Do you mind me asking if you had any existing knowledge and how long you studied the content before the exam?

TIA
I'm also sitting the Sheffield test on 11th terrified as it's been 15 years since I studied biology. I'm going alright in the aqa past papers but the one equivelncy testing sent has terrified me :frown:

Hey how did you get on??
Reply 15
Hi. Wondering how everyone has been getting on with equivalency testing revision for biology. If it's any help for anyone, i have used AQA past papers but also lovebiology.co.uk - free to register and lots of little quizes and multy choice - has helped me retain some info in my aging brain!!! Also used s-cool and my gcse science website who had some fab videos to explain those tricky concepts.

I am taking mine next Thurs 13th July at trinity college, Leeds. I know i can do a re-sit at the end of August but am really hopiing I pass.

Has anyone on here already done an equivalency eam for biology? what was it like and have you any tips for revision contenct?

Many thanks

Jacky
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by BethanyVJ
Hi :smile:

I need to pass Biology in order to complete my QTS assessment. Does anyone know where I can get past papers from and can anybody tell me what the questions were like? I am thinking of booking through equivalency testing.com.......

Thanks!

A Star Equivalency Testing (Teachers) sent an eg paper to me free

Latest

Trending

Trending