The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thewinelake
I wonder if they'd respond to a request of how many unprocessed applicants they still have to deal with? I also wonder what the process is - perhaps a daily meeting lasting 45 mins where they can review and accept/reject maybe 100 candidates. So if the backlog is 1,000 then it could be 2 weeks of work just to do the rubber-stamping.

But I agree that once all the interviews are done, they can make decisions on the many marginal cases.

I have a really strong feeling that response rate is determined by the interviewer. Me and someone else I know had ours on the same day and she's still waiting. Whereas I know a guy who was interviewed by the same person as me (but on another day) and he too got a reasonably fast response.
Original post by Heather.scb
I have a really strong feeling that response rate is determined by the interviewer. Me and someone else I know had ours on the same day and she's still waiting. Whereas I know a guy who was interviewed by the same person as me (but on another day) and he too got a reasonably fast response.

That makes sense. DD had a guy called Carlos - maybe not Gonzalez? ;-)
Reply 1362
Had my interview on the 6th of February, still haven't had anything yet......
Original post by lit17
Had my interview on the 6th of February, still haven't had anything yet......

Hey me too! Whom with did you have it? Where else have you applied? Offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ann:e
is anyone here firming the bartlett? and is there a bartlett offer holders facebook group? i can't seem to find one

I've firmed it! Couldn't find anything on fb either though sadly
Reply 1365
Original post by GrétaPanna
Hey me too! Whom with did you have it? Where else have you applied? Offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got offers from Bath, Edinburgh and Loughborough. Applied to Cambridge as well, but got rejected.
Waiting for UCL........
you?
Original post by lit17
Got offers from Bath, Edinburgh and Loughborough. Applied to Cambridge as well, but got rejected.
Waiting for UCL........
you?

Offer from Strathclyde, rejection from Edinburgh and GSA (tf Scotland?), pooled but eventually rejected from Cambridge(pembroke). Waiting for UCL too. And going insane in the process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1367
Offer from Strathclyde, rejection from Edinburgh and GSA (tf Scotland?), pooled but eventually rejected from Cambridge(pembroke). Waiting for UCL too. And going insane in the process.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know... we've all worked so hard for this
was your interview in the morning or afternoon?
Original post by lit17
I know... we've all worked so hard for this
was your interview in the morning or afternoon?

Afternoon, yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1369
Afternoon, yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

same. hh
Original post by starsfly
Wow,
I thought they usually take 4 weeks?

prob becus im a gap year student idk
Original post by thewinelake
That makes sense. DD had a guy called Carlos - maybe not Gonzalez? ;-)

Carlos seemed super lovely 😊 I had Bob Sheil, which I found out after is the director 😅
Original post by twenty16app
prob becus im a gap year student idk

What did you do in your gap year? Was it architecture-related??
anyone else been interviewed by Stephen Gage here?
what actually concerned me is that its been clear they haven't read any of my personal statements and even some basic info like country of education...
@Zoeeeeeee @EmmaNuel8 how was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

coz I was in the last batch, I had never thought there were quite a lot interviewees......30-40 ppl.
The interview went well and the interviewer was really nice( I remember her name is Blanche, anyone had the same interviewer?
Original post by EmmaNuel8
what actually concerned me is that its been clear they haven't read any of my personal statements and even some basic info like country of education...

How many people are they interviewing?! You scan read the personal statement for the key bits of information - like relevant work experience, awareness of architects/ personal experience of contemporary architecture, referees coded comments about lateness or laziness etc. - however the important things in the interview are the applicants portfolio - which demonstrates your creativity, thought processes and skills - and how the individual comes across: are they enthusiastic and informed, or are they arrogant? (i.e. Going to be hard to teach?) I know a lot of emphasis is placed on personal statements by schools, and there may be courses and/or universties where they are given greater emphasis, but they are, at best, only a small part of the application/ interview process for architecture.
Original post by SebastianMesser
How many people are they interviewing?! You scan read the personal statement for the key bits of information - like relevant work experience, awareness of architects/ personal experience of contemporary architecture, referees coded comments about lateness or laziness etc. - however the important things in the interview are the applicants portfolio - which demonstrates your creativity, thought processes and skills - and how the individual comes across: are they enthusiastic and informed, or are they arrogant? (i.e. Going to be hard to teach?) I know a lot of emphasis is placed on personal statements by schools, and there may be courses and/or universties where they are given greater emphasis, but they are, at best, only a small part of the application/ interview process for architecture.

The country of origin would be the least. Even after deciding to make an offer to someone, they don't take the time to familiarize themselves with foreign school leaving exams. They can ask for such nonsense things...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SebastianMesser

I wasn't expecting them to know my personal statement by heart but like you said, although both of my essays talked a lot about my work experience the interviewer had no idea I did any. also, the interviewer didn't know I was doing A Levels so we spent some time discussing my subject choices.
I am not complaining, the professor was very nice. I guess I just expected them to be more prepared.
I believe Frosso Pimenides also joined DD's interview for a while. Sounded like she almost ambushed it, but was bursting with enthusiasm and zany questions and ideas!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending