The Student Room Group

Predicted grade boundaries 2017?

What's everyone's predictions for an A*? Higher only. I did not predict English due to the lack of understanding of English boundaries.

Science (AQA):
B1- 52/60
B2- 49/60
B3- 45/60
C1- 54/60
C2- 53/60
C3- 50/60
P1- 48/60
P2- 48/60
P3- 42/60

Maths (Edexcel):
180/240
*I am not going to predict a 9 for obvious reasons*

Scroll to see replies

maths 180/240, do you reckon, i would be chuffed to bits!
Original post by haseeb1805

Same lol. I'm getting 60+ per paper. But yeah after doing research on the people around me and the people on this website, I think i can comfortably say 180 would be an 8. Clueless about English though.
Original post by muhtasimfuad76
Same lol. I'm getting 60+ per paper. But yeah after doing research on the people around me and the people on this website, I think i can comfortably say 180 would be an 8. Clueless about English though.

i think theyve made english crazy hard, so grade boundaries will be lower

I'm going to do last years maths paper tonight. See where I fit in and try to calculate what would be an 8 as I think we can both agree that a* for last year would be at least a low 8 this year. I'll keep you updated.
i think theyve made english crazy hard, so grade boundaries will be lower

Think about it this way. People who don't revise and get high will flop. Don't wish bad on them but its more of an envy thing
I'm going to do last years maths paper tonight. See where I fit in and try to calculate what would be an 8 as I think we can both agree that a* for last year would be at least a low 8 this year. I'll keep you updated.

shall i do the same? we'll share our marks?

send the link for the paper
shall i do the same? we'll share our marks?

Yeah that's calm. I'm going to finish at about 3 ish
Yeah that's calm. I'm going to finish at about 3 ish

same probs
I am getting 55/80 in maths. I create so many silly mistakes. I really hope 60/80 is the grade boundary in real exam.
Original post by Samosa and Vada
I am getting 55/80 in maths. I create so many silly mistakes. I really hope 60/80 is the grade boundary in real exam.

Same. Like lose 10 marks ish on silly mistakes. if i avoid them im looking at 70
I am getting likes 50-55 in the first paper (non-calc) and like 60-65 in the last 2 papers (calculator) is easier than non-calc plus my mental maths is really bad but I still get an 8 and the only highest grade in mocks, other subjects I got Cs all of them
Original post by warheadburial05
I am getting likes 50-55 in the first paper (non-calc) and like 60-65 in the last 2 papers (calculator) is easier than non-calc plus my mental maths is really bad but I still get an 8 and the only highest grade in mocks, other subjects I got Cs all of them

I used to be a 6 in maths at mock time. Now im a solid lol. Amazing how you advance in maths, and yeah...I got a few a* but my schools really harsh when it comes to grades. We didn't do 2016 papers like most people. My biology teacher even predicted me a B despite me getting 85% which was 1 off an a* in the mock
I used to be a 6 in maths at mock time. Now im a solid lol. Amazing how you advance in maths, and yeah...I got a few a* but my schools really harsh when it comes to grades. We didn't do 2016 papers like most people. My biology teacher even predicted me a B despite me getting 85% which was 1 off an a* in the mock

My teacher is amazing seriously without him I wouldn't be getting 8 plus he is strict he gives us maths booklets and exam practice question upto 5-7 pages every 2-3 days expected to return the next couple of days. Also he gives us loads of examples and make us do 9-1 topic tests. Also he teaches us A-Level maths (beginners) WHICH DOES HELP ALOT IN THE 9-1 spec.
Original post by warheadburial05
My teacher is amazing seriously without him I wouldn't be getting 8 plus he is strict he gives us maths booklets and exam practice question upto 5-7 pages every 2-3 days expected to return the next couple of days. Also he gives us loads of examples and make us do 9-1 topic tests. Also he teaches us A-Level maths (beginners) WHICH DOES HELP ALOT IN THE 9-1 spec.

My class is full of all of the f*ck arounds. I go to a grammar school; got moved down from set 1-3 because I was ill in year 9 and attendance was 65%. I really don't think it was fair to move me down as i was doing better than 70% of set 1. It really demotivated me, and yeah I agree. I do A level C1, finished it and on C2. Helped me understand concepts greatly
My class is full of all of the f*ck arounds. I go to a grammar school; got moved down from set 1-3 because I was ill in year 9 and attendance was 65%. I really don't think it was fair to move me down as i was doing better than 70% of set 1. It really demotivated me, and yeah I agree. I do A level C1, finished it and on C2. Helped me understand concepts greatly

I was the opposite I used to be in set 3 in maths I was demotivated but I did so many past papers for the old spec in year 9 I moved up to set 1 which really motivated me so much. I love maths

Quick Reply

Latest