The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University accommodation 2017/2018

I am in the process of choosing my undergraduate accommodation in the City Centre and found these situated to my place of study at the Curzon building:
Jennens Court,
Curzon gateway,
University Locks and
The Heights
I was wondering if any previous students had lived in any of these accommodations or could give any positives/negatives to any.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I visited both jennens court and university locks (during open day) and they were both really good. The university locks is very modern and cosy. The common room is massive and very open. For me , i liked the university locks more because the room had a massive window with a decent view. and the kitchen area was really nice. Jennens court is good too, there's a subway next door which is a bonus :smile:

I chose university locks as my n.o1 and jennens court n.o2.

What course are you taking next year?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by may999
I visited both jennens court and university locks (during open day) and they were both really good. The university locks is very modern and cosy. The common room is massive and very open. For me , i liked the university locks more because the room had a massive window with a decent view. and the kitchen area was really nice. Jennens court is good too, there's a subway next door which is a bonus :smile:

I chose university locks as my n.o1 and jennens court n.o2.

What course are you taking next year?

Thank you. The university Locks are newly built? Was the accommodation out of the way from the main class buildings, like the Curzon building etc.
Also, I was wondering if Jennens Court had a common room to?

I am taking Law with American legal studies. You?
Original post by qwertymaria
Thank you. The university Locks are newly built? Was the accommodation out of the way from the main class buildings, like the Curzon building etc.

I have my room at Curzon Gateway! Haven't visited myself but my friend said Jennens court was really depressing and dull! she said that Curzon was a lot nicer and more spacious! hope this helps!
Has anyone got their room allocated to them yet??
Reply 5
Original post by geeeorgia1
Has anyone got their room allocated to them yet??

Yep, university Locks Block B Floor 08 Flat 42 Room 06
You?
Original post by Cmoore48
You?

curzon gateway!
Reply 7
What you studying?
Reply 8
Hi I am a french student and I am struggling to find the best university between BCU and northumbria for the law with business course
I need information on : - reputation of the university (is it considered a good university , does it attract companies )
- employment
- university diversity (black people)as I am black
- nightlife ( hip hop , RnB type of music ) ex: beyonce
- City activities
- cost
Thank you for your help
What you studying?

Criminology, you?
Reply 10
Original post by geeeorgia1
I have my room at Curzon Gateway! Haven't visited myself but my friend said Jennens court was really depressing and dull! she said that Curzon was a lot nicer and more spacious! hope this helps!

Thanks. I put down Curzon and Jennens.
Original post by Frenche75
Hi I am a french student and I am struggling to find the best university between BCU and northumbria for the law with business course
I need information on : - reputation of the university (is it considered a good university , does it attract companies )
- employment
- university diversity (black people)as I am black
- nightlife ( hip hop , RnB type of music ) ex: beyonce
- City activities
- cost
Thank you for your help

Hey Frenche75,

Birmingham is great for all of the points you mention above. Being a big city means there are loads of employment opportunities in the city centre and surrounding areas plus we have student jobs available on campus which are really flexible so you can work while you study.

The University and city are both really multicultural and diverse, and in terms of nightlife, there are lots of places to choose from with the type of music you like. on Broad Street and around the city.
There's so much going on in the city, from clubs, bars, places to eat, sights to see, and places to visit. Plus we're in such a great location centrally that lots of places in the country are really quick and easy to get to, such as London or Stratford. You can find you more about student life in Birmingham here.

Cost wise, it's very affordable even as a student. Rent and general food and living costs are much lower than you see in places like London. Plus there's such a high student population in the city that prices are competitive and most places offer students discounts.

I hope this answers some of your questions, but just ask if you have more!

Lydia,
The BCU Team
Reply 12
Original post by qwertymaria

Jennens court has got a common room but its tiny and not so good.

im taking architecture
Reply 13
You?

It has been 2 weeks and ive still had no reply. how long did yours take?
Reply 14
Accounting and finance :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by may999
It has been 2 weeks and ive still had no reply. how long did yours take?

I applied on the 31st (the date that accommadation opened)
They start giving rooms to students with unconditionals from the 3rd of April ( I got mine on the 10th)
Then for students with conditional offers they start allocating rooms from the 17th of April.
Reply 16
Hi guys, can someone please help me out on choosing the right accomodation as I will be joining in for Business Administratrion directly into the 3rd year, at City Centre Campus, as being an international student, I am worried about where to dwell in and start from.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puneesh
Hi guys, can someone please help me out on choosing the right accomodation as I will be joining in for Business Administratrion directly into the 3rd year, at City Centre Campus, as being an international student, I am worried about where to dwell in and start from.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Puneesh,

There are loads of great choices for accommodation near Birmingham City University.

If you’re going to be studying at the University’s City Centre Campus, our Bagot Street student village is just a 15 minute walk away from campus and a 10 minute walk from the city centre and all of its attractions.

The Village’s rooms are all modern, double en-suites and there's a large social space downstairs with a pool table and TV where lots of free events are put on throughout the year. These events make it much easier to meet new people, particularly within the Village’s diverse community :smile:

You can check out more info on our My Student Village website.

Feel free to ask us anything else about accommodation! :yy:
Original post by Puneesh

Thanks for any advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Puneesh,

Have you managed to apply yet?

If you're still not sure head to this page on our website and if you select Business as your area of study it will show you where each accommodation is in relation to your campus.

You get to choose a few options in order of your preference so if your first choice is already full they try give you your second. But you'll want to apply soon as City Centre ones fill up quickly.

If you have any questions you can contact the accommodation team at [email protected]

I hope this helps!

Lydia,
The BCU team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending