The Student Room Group

Is it normal?

Is it normal if you're constantly tired? I've realised I find it very difficult to wake up in the mornings. Even if I have a decent amount of sleep. A few days ago I slept at 12 midnight and fell asleep straight away but got woken up at 1 o Clock in the afternoon and I was still really tired.Does any one else suffer like me?

Scroll to see replies

See your GP, you may need a blood test.
Reply 2
The last time I had a problem like this, it was glandular fever.
Drink redbull all day like me and then you'll never sleep
Reply 4
Original post by AppleB
See your GP, you may need a blood test.

I had one a few months ago and my Folic acid was low but I'm having my tablets on a daily basis.

Original post by gjd800
The last time I had a problem like this, it was glandular fever.

What is that!? Is it something serious?
If you have irregular sleeping patterns, don't exercise and don't eat well, then you feel lethargic. At least I do. I find that fixing all three removes 99% of problems, IMO.
Reply 6
Original post by Hirsty97
Drink redbull all day like me and then you'll never sleep

I don't drink no juices. I only drink coffee and water.
Original post by Asha_19
Is it normal if you're constantly tired? I've realised I find it very difficult to wake up in the mornings. Even if I have a decent amount of sleep. A few days ago I slept at 12 midnight and fell asleep straight away but got woken up at 1 o Clock in the afternoon and I was still really tired.Does any one else suffer like me?

if youre abnormally tired in the middle of the day you might be anemic but i also wake up tired in the mornings after a long sleep i think thats normal
Original post by Asha_19
I had one a few months ago and my Folic acid was low but I'm having my tablets on a daily basis.

You may need a higher dosage possibly
Drinking more water can help, how much water do you drink?
Reply 10
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
If you have irregular sleeping patterns, don't exercise and don't eat well, then you feel lethargic. At least I do. I find that fixing all three removes 99% of problems, IMO.

To be honest my sleeping patterns are not irregular I just can't wake up from my sleep. I just want to sleep and sleep. If you know what I mean.
Reply 11
Original post by Asha_19

It can be serious-ish in certain circs, but all they can do for you is make sure you sleep, take painkillers and drink a lot. If you haven't got aches, pains and gland problems (underarms, groin, neck) then it won't be that. But that's the only time that I have had severe sleep issues. Was sleeping for 20 hours a day at one point.
Reply 12
Original post by futuresomething
if youre abnormally tired in the middle of the day you might be anemic but i also wake up tired in the mornings after a long sleep i think thats normal

I've got my tests done and there is no sign of anemia. I hope it's normal
Original post by Asha_19
To be honest my sleeping patterns are not irregular I just can't wake up from my sleep. I just want to sleep and sleep. If you know what I mean.

Why aren't you sleeping right now?
Reply 14
Original post by AppleB
You may need a higher dosage possibly

I'll consult the doctor again thank you.

Original post by Steljoy
Drinking more water can help, how much water do you drink?

I drink over a litre of water everyday
Original post by Asha_19
I'll consult the doctor again thank you.

I drink over a litre of water everyday

No worries
Reply 16
Original post by gjd800
It can be serious-ish in certain circs, but all they can do for you is make sure you sleep, take painkillers and drink a lot. If you haven't got aches, pains and gland problems (underarms, groin, neck) then it won't be that. But that's the only time that I have had severe sleep issues. Was sleeping for 20 hours a day at one point.

Aaaaah! I hope it's not that and wow. How ere you feeling after the sleep?

Why aren't you sleeping right now?

I've doing my University work, I'm stressed about that.
Original post by Asha_19

Leaving it to the last minute I see.
Reply 18
Original post by Asha_19

Terrible! :lol: I think you'd know if it was that, you'd usually be sick in other ways.
Reply 19
Leaving it to the last minute I see.

No no isn't last minutes. I've got an extension for my work so I'm okay with the days, it's just the matter of fact of understanding the thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending