The Student Room Group

OCR BIOLOGY GATEWAY B 25TH MAY 2016 B1 B2 B3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davist
Could you link the uo mark scheme pls?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4118415
How people finding preparing for Paper 2 Biology! As well as preparing for Physics!
Original post by cupcake
How people finding preparing for Paper 2 Biology! As well as preparing for Physics!

flashcards, past papers, ez
haven't started p456 but it's my last exam and i do best in physics so i'm feeling okay
There's just so much information in each unit ........................
How did people find the Biology Paper on 25th May, Paper 1, and how are people preparing for Paper 2? I am doing Physics also, so finding it hard!
Original post by ellamoon_22
Transpiration/ guard cells 6mark

Hi there

Any other predictions at all? Physics next Wednesday Paper 1, and Biology Paper 2! So much to still revise!
People here should be taking the chemistry exam tomorrow? Here is a link to my new thread for that, enjoy http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4154619&p=65618893#post65618893
Can u send me the 2015 papers on ocr gateway b b1 b2 b3 2015 than
Does any1 have the unofficial mark scheme or grade boundaries?
lol somehow managed to 100% this paper. How did you guys do for this subject?
Does anyone have access to biology 2016 exam . i really need it .
Not sure if this thread exists yet, I'm probably too early haha

Does anyone have any predictions for what might come up in this exam? I'm struggling so much with B3 past papers at the moment its deep
Original post by Vin57xd

Does anyone have any predictions for what might come up in this exam? I'm struggling so much with B3 past papers at the moment its deep

Hey! I did this paper last year, so although I can't predict any of the papers, I might be able to help you with B3 - what is it that you are struggling with? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Hey! I did this paper last year, so although I can't predict any of the papers, I might be able to help you with B3 - what is it that you are struggling with? :smile:

Ahh thanks so much! I feel like I know most of the content for B3 but my exam technique is lacking, I do past papers but I write the opposite to what the mark scheme says :frown:

Also, I have a feeling my controlled assessment grade will be quite low (maybe a low B), do you think I could still pull off an A*?
Original post by Vin57xd
Ahh thanks so much! I feel like I know most of the content for B3 but my exam technique is lacking, I do past papers but I write the opposite to what the mark scheme says :frown:

Also, I have a feeling my controlled assessment grade will be quite low (maybe a low B), do you think I could still pull off an A*?

No problem! :smile: I remember that exam technique was my biggest issue too. I think it might be a good idea for you to "cut" questions from the papers you do. By this, I mean that any questions you do and write the opposite, take this and write it on a flashcard and then write the mark scheme on the back. When you've done this for a number of questions, you can go through them and purely focus on these sorts of questions.

It's just an idea but I reckon it might work :smile:

As for your controlled assessment, I believe it still is 25% of your overall grade? And therefore you'll need quite a high mark in the exams to get a A* but if you do the revision now (which I'm sure you will) then there is nothing to say you can't achieve it! :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
No problem! :smile: I remember that exam technique was my biggest issue too. I think it might be a good idea for you to "cut" questions from the papers you do. By this, I mean that any questions you do and write the opposite, take this and write it on a flashcard and then write the mark scheme on the back. When you've done this for a number of questions, you can go through them and purely focus on these sorts of questions.

It's just an idea but I reckon it might work :smile:

As for your controlled assessment, I believe it still is 25% of your overall grade? And therefore you'll need quite a high mark in the exams to get a A* but if you do the revision now (which I'm sure you will) then there is nothing to say you can't achieve it! :smile:

That's actually such a good idea, will help me so much to learn the mark scheme! Ah okay, really hope I can get high marks then - Thank you very much for your help :smile:
Original post by Vin57xd

With B1 it's very unlikely to be anything on the eye or binocular vision, probably will be something on malnutrition and the difference between being fit and healthy, B2 I reckon it's going to be on adaptions and theories and sustainable development that sort of thing and for B3 it's all going to be on mitosis, meiosis, stem cells, structures of cells. It's probably not going to have anything on respiration and growth (thank goodness) but that's all I know. It's a guess because they never repeat the questions from the most recent past paper :smile:
Original post by Sophie290701
With B1 it's very unlikely to be anything on the eye or binocular vision, probably will be something on malnutrition and the difference between being fit and healthy, B2 I reckon it's going to be on adaptions and theories and sustainable development that sort of thing and for B3 it's all going to be on mitosis, meiosis, stem cells, structures of cells. It's probably not going to have anything on respiration and growth (thank goodness) but that's all I know. It's a guess because they never repeat the questions from the most recent past paper :smile:

i was thinking the same for some of these topics, have you looked at the examiners report from last year?
Original post by Sophie290701

Thanks for the predictions
Reply 339
if i got a b in my coursework do you think it will make a really big difference to my end grade??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending