The Student Room Group

Anyone need help with gcses?

Anyone need help with anything? I do most subjects just drop questions below and I will answer them in the morning as its late now : )

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
at gcse is it more important about your options or grades , e.g. if i took an easier subject like business and got an A* rather than an A in history what would be better when applying to uni... do they even care about choice or just grades
Reply 2
Original post by Derozan
at gcse is it more important about your options or grades , e.g. if i took an easier subject like business and got an A* rather than an A in history what would be better when applying to uni... do they even care about choice or just grades

Hi, history would be stronger especially if you want to get into a decent uni as uni's such a bham and cambridge have a list of soft subjects such a buisness, general studies etc. However it depends what you want to do at uni. To study law instead of having an A* in law A-level they would prefer an A in geog/history. This is all complicated but I hope it helps
Reply 3
Original post by myapure
Hi, history would be stronger especially if you want to get into a decent uni as uni's such a bham and cambridge have a list of soft subjects such a buisness, general studies etc. However it depends what you want to do at uni. To study law instead of having an A* in law A-level they would prefer an A in geog/history. This is all complicated but I hope it helps

yes slightly , thank you for the response!
Reply 4
Original post by Derozan
yes slightly , thank you for the response!

No problem
Reply 5
Hi I need help with geography, Ive learnt revision guides looked through past papers but everything is so detailed and I can't be bothered to learn it? what do I do
Hi, are you doing GCSEs now or are you an older student? Just wondering so I know what perspective you're replying from
How do I revise history and business... Its quite a lot and accounts as well...idk how to understand it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm currently at GCSE level and religious studies and maths are the things that I find most difficult. Would you possibly be able to look over some religious studies answers for me? Thank you so much! x
Reply 9
Original post by JayrZ
Hi I need help with geography, Ive learnt revision guides looked through past papers but everything is so detailed and I can't be bothered to learn it? what do I do

Best thing to do is to condense all the case studies and to make poster with the bits of info out of the revision guide e.g. what fold mountains are etc
Reply 10
Original post by studentdying999
Hi, are you doing GCSEs now or are you an older student? Just wondering so I know what perspective you're replying from

Hi both really as me and my sister answer these together. I am currently doing mine and my sister is at uni so both perspectives depending on the question
Reply 11
Original post by tanupatel
How do I revise history and business... Its quite a lot and accounts as well...idk how to understand it

Posted from TSR Mobile

For history I would condense all information and I would make cue cards with dates and people etc. For business I would say past papers and posters
Reply 12
Original post by rebecca.jb
Hi, I'm currently at GCSE level and religious studies and maths are the things that I find most difficult. Would you possibly be able to look over some religious studies answers for me? Thank you so much! x

Hi yeah no problem I can look over your answers. Re is literally just going over past papers my sister took her GCSE re in yr 10 and she was a straight F student until 2 weeks before the GCSE where she just did past papers and went through mark schemes and got a A*
Reply 13
Original post by rebecca.jb

Also what exam board are you for maths? X
Original post by myapure
Anyone need help with anything? I do most subjects just drop questions below and I will answer them in the morning as its late now : )

You are so nice!!!
Reply 15
Original post by myapure

How to ease stress and anxiety about exams and be confident that you can do well?
Reply 16
Original post by emerald7770
You are so nice!!!

Haha thanks 😁
Reply 17
Original post by e2014
How to ease stress and anxiety about exams and be confident that you can do well?

Stress and Anxiety for me was a big thing, and everyone has different ways of coping. Exam stress is horrible and the feeling that you have to do well to satisfy puts the pressure on. Personally if you haven't already then make a revision timetable, in this timetable factor in break for free time as this is very important! I found what is good for me is to start a TV series as what I do is I watch an episode with breakfast revise an episode with lunch and revise and then have dinner and chill. This way you have something to look forwards too and its a nice break from revision. Also the one thing which everyone takes for granted is water and treats. When doing so much work you need to keep your brain hydrated. What I do is I buy the 4 for £1.45 1l still or sparkling flavoured waters from tesco and I aim to finish it by the end of the day. Like I said about treats, everyone says eat healthy whilst revising and everything else which is all good and I am not saying binge in junk but when you go to revise take a packet of gummy bears or a bar of choc and use it as a reward system. These seem of more revision tips than stress but these little things makes such a big impact. Finally the main thing you need to think about is not about what overall grades you think you are going to get but the progress which you can make, if you put the effort in and feel like you have done as much as you can then this can boost your self esteem so much. Try revising a subject then doing a paper on it, its almost guarenteed that you will do well. Once you have marked the paper don't look and think about how you got the things wrong and how you will do the same in the exam think of it as a challenge which you are going to work on and tackle and come back to the question. It may take a while to get it right but the feeling will be incredible after.

I know people say don't stress but they don't understand I think the biggest thing to do it do some of the things you love in between work. Hope this helped 😀. If you want any more advice on a more specific problem and don't want everyone finding out then feel free to pm me 😋
Reply 18
Anyone else need any help?
Original post by myapure
Anyone else need any help?

any revision tips for revising chemistry (i struggle to remember the rules and bonds etc.)
physics- I struggle to apply the equations (once i know what the question is asking its fine but i really can't work out what the question is looking for)

Quick Reply

Latest