Official 2017 GCSE Exam Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swaglevelshigh
Does anyone else do and have predicted questions for

- Edexcel Geography
- AQA English
- AQA Economics
- OCR Science

im doing ocr science - are you doing higher tier?
Hello everyone :smile:

I'm doing:
Maths ( Edexcel)
English Language (Edexcel)
English Literature ( AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry(AQA)
Physics(AQA)
Geography(AQA)
History(AQA)
Art(AQA)
R.E(WJEC)

I think the grade boundaries for the sciences might go up this year to get in line with the 9-1 Maths and English.
Reply 82
Original post by safa_k
lol if its the pub scene we are all screwed. and yep that's songs of ourselves (I like how u chose the worst poems haha). I'm gonna start revising silas marner next week but my notes are truly dreadful. how has ur revision gone?

ahh ikr but I doubt the pub scene will come up (thank god), and those are the poems I like!! but I really don't like the ones about tree and there's 3 of them! yep same my notes for silas are crappy and haven't started revising English at all yet (so stressed) but will probably just not revise too much cos will do extract for silas (defo not whole text)
Reply 83
Original post by nish2910
I'm doing merchant of Venice! What do you think will come extract wise for both of them? Any tips for Silas extract BC I need to get an A* in English. No I'm doing songs of ourselves with the clod and the pebble and phantom of delight :frown:

oh god isnt that the anothology full of death poems?? for silas I would just look at the themes and read over annotations and then I'm doing extract not whole text so won't learn quotes (except maybe a few key ones) and for mov, I'm gonna do the same as gonna do an extract on mov only and do whole text for inherit the wind but it's a v risky technique! do you do inherit the wind? also ik you want an a* but which out of 8/9?
Original post by m!ek
oh god isnt that the anothology full of death poems?? for silas I would just look at the themes and read over annotations and then I'm doing extract not whole text so won't learn quotes (except maybe a few key ones) and for mov, I'm gonna do the same as gonna do an extract on mov only and do whole text for inherit the wind but it's a v risky technique! do you do inherit the wind? also ik you want an a* but which out of 8/9?

im doing the old system so we get letters, and no i'm not doing inherit the wind. err its about love i think! heart and mind, passion, coming home, for my grandmother knitting etc but im not learning the poems that were last years
Original post by m!ek
ahh ikr but I doubt the pub scene will come up (thank god), and those are the poems I like!! but I really don't like the ones about tree and there's 3 of them! yep same my notes for silas are crappy and haven't started revising English at all yet (so stressed) but will probably just not revise too much cos will do extract for silas (defo not whole text)

I love the trees one because theres so much to say!
Original post by Sean16
Can you help me out with AQA Sociology?

I'm doing the exact same:smile: I'm doing Paper 1 and Paper 2 if that helps
Reply 87
Original post by safa_k
I love the trees one because theres so much to say!

really? tbf my teacher had said he hated the trees poems so wouldn't go through them that well! also do you do inherit the wind?
Reply 88
Original post by jademillward_xo
I'm doing

Maths higher edexcel
english lit aqa
english lang aqa
triple biology edexcel
triple physics edexcel
triple chemistry edexcel
Philosophy and ethics ocr
spanish higher ocr
applied business ocr
sociology aqa
history B edexcel
art and design wjec

any predictions ?? :smile:

My english teacher has predicted "London" as the poem to come up for english literature

nearly all my teachers have predicted london is the selected poems for the exams , so i guess it is that one
Reply 89
Original post by UltraVioletxo
Hello everyone :smile:

I'm doing:
Maths ( Edexcel)
English Language (Edexcel)
English Literature ( AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry(AQA)
Physics(AQA)
Geography(AQA)
History(AQA)
Art(AQA)
R.E(WJEC)

I think the grade boundaries for the sciences might go up this year to get in line with the 9-1 Maths and English.

the grade boundaries for an a* will be 54 marks or more last year it was 51
and the questions will be harder as we are the last batch to do this spec
Original post by shumile
the grade boundaries for an a* will be 54 marks or more last year it was 51
and the questions will be harder as we are the last batch to do this spec

Have you guessed about the science grade boundaries? Not aiming to be rude it's just you seem so sure.
I am studying:
IGCSE Maths (CIE)
IGCSE English lang and lit (Edexcel)
IGCSE Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Edexcel)
IGCSE Business Studies (Edexcel)
GCSE Psychology (Edexcel)
does anyone have predictions for of mice and men and an inspector calls english lit?
Reply 93
Im doing
English lit- AQA (macbeth,lord of the flies and jekyll&hyde--- power&conflict poetry)
English language-AQA
Triple science- AQA
History- AQA (cold war, 1920's America, Hitler's Germany and Vietnam war)
Maths- Edexcel
RE- Edexcel
Italian- AQA

If anyone has ANY predictions- please share- im failing most rn so need alot of help😂
Reply 94
Original post by UltraVioletxo
Have you guessed about the science grade boundaries? Not aiming to be rude it's just you seem so sure.

im not 100% certain but my teachers seems to say that the grade boundaries will be definitely high , and since looking at the past grade boundaries they have increased year by year , so i guess it will be high this year
Original post by shumile
im not 100% certain but my teachers seems to say that the grade boundaries will be definitely high , and since looking at the past grade boundaries they have increased year by year , so i guess it will be high this year

ah thanks :smile: Good luck with your revision and exams.
Original post by shumile

Is this also for OCR GCSE 21st century higher tier science
i am doing...
English lit
English lang
Additional maths FSMQ
biology
chemistry
physics
geography
french
spanish
music
DT
Reply 98
Original post by nish2910
Is this also for OCR GCSE 21st century higher tier science

probably across all boards because of the new changes coming in like grades and new spec so probably for all boards
Original post by anjalilim
I'm taking math this year
physics ,chem , bio , PE , economics , french , english and english lit and ad math next year

I do economics too but OCR, which exam board is yours?

Quick Reply

Latest