The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fontaine1990
is that for the training period only ?
i have a trip to london book but its for the saturday on the last week of my 5 week training so may not even need to inform them about that since training is only mon - fri

Mon-fri training only so I'm told
Does anyone know how the flexi time works.and if you can get any over time or is it salery only contract
Original post by anisajazz
Does anyone know how the flexi time works.and if you can get any over time or is it salery only contract

I've heard they run very similar to DWP - flexi time is basically where you can "flexi on or off" - its in effect time owed but not classed as overtime so you won't be paid for it. At the minute with DWP I can owe up to 21 hours flexi time, (I've used it from leaving early for an emergency to leaving early on a Friday because it's sunny outside, etc etc) Similarily you can work upto 21 hours more than you're contracted to (in a month) and have it sat there for when you need/want to leave early. You can even book days off using flexi time as opposed to using your annual leave.

You will most likely be offered overtime once you're comfortable in the role - it's generally double time on a Sunday, you get a paid lunch and paid travel time up to an hour.

I'm hopefully moving from DWP to HMRC this summer and I've heard they are very similar (although I think HMRC pay more and you get more AL).
Original post by Loose167
I've heard they run very similar to DWP - flexi time is basically where you can "flexi on or off" - its in effect time owed but not classed as overtime so you won't be paid for it. At the minute with DWP I can owe up to 21 hours flexi time, (I've used it from leaving early for an emergency to leaving early on a Friday because it's sunny outside, etc etc) Similarily you can work upto 21 hours more than you're contracted to (in a month) and have it sat there for when you need/want to leave early. You can even book days off using flexi time as opposed to using your annual leave.

You will most likely be offered overtime once you're comfortable in the role - it's generally double time on a Sunday, you get a paid lunch and paid travel time up to an hour.

I'm hopefully moving from DWP to HMRC this summer and I've heard they are very similar (although I think HMRC pay more and you get more AL).

Thanks for that yh hopefully its the same format.lol moving over i want to eventually move to dwp wana be a work coach but mau be waiting a while as never advertise for bradford
Original post by Ladynevertells
Mon-fri training only so I'm told

thats fair then looks like i'll be able to go with without having to let them know
Original post by Loose167

That's really useful to know, thank you 😊
The bank holidays are applicable during training period?
Reply 1267
is that for the training period only ?
i have a trip to london book but its for the saturday on the last week of my 5 week training so may not even need to inform them about that since training is only mon - fri

Yes you will inform them even if it is the last week of your 5th week of training.
Reply 1268
Original post by Chandramoli
The bank holidays are applicable during training period?

Hey when do you start training in Bathgate?
Original post by Aqhsa
Yes you will inform them even if it is the last week of your 5th week of training.

really fair enough I'll put it down on the sheet they give to me
does anyone know what the starting annual pay is for this job were going for
does anyone know what the starting annual pay is for this job were going for

As far as I'm aware it's starting at £18,593 with a potential rise of £20,252
Original post by Okiedokes
As far as I'm aware it's starting at £18,593 with a potential rise of £20,252

£1300 a month thats pretty good
Just recieved email all checks completed only submitted docs on the 6th april awaiting formal offer for Bradford 😂
Original post by Nas08
Just recieved email all checks completed only submitted docs on the 6th april awaiting formal offer for Bradford 😂

Good stuff!😊
Original post by Nas08

yaay, so prob see you 8th may too. if you choose that date
£1300 a month thats pretty good

i know im going from 1000 to 1300.iv already booked hol for sept can afford it now
Original post by anisajazz
i know im going from 1000 to 1300.iv already booked hol for sept can afford it now

nice where you looking to go ?
its going to be an iMac for me lol
Reply 1278
About felxitime etc, didn't they say these jobs were non flexi and that they were fixed hours? Anyone who has started already have any idea about this? Also they mentioned what are likely to be your working hours
nice where you looking to go ?
its going to be an iMac for me lol

morocco, me and my partner not been on hol for 4yrs.lol well i do need a new laptop aswel hehe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending