The Student Room Group

Aqa ict info 3 pre-release!!!!

Anyone got any ideas what the potential questions could be???
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Here are some questions I've put together for my students for the 2017 AQA INFO3 pre release.
I have no answers for them though - my students get to do that when we start back next week lol!

Wendy
Is a client/server system the same as a client/server network?
Original post by JStudent11
Is a client/server system the same as a client/server network?

Yehhhh i think so :smile:
Original post by Whitbywendy
Here are some questions I've put together for my students for the 2017 AQA INFO3 pre release.
I have no answers for them though - my students get to do that when we start back next week lol!

Wendy

This is really helpful thank you :smile:
Reply 6

Wendy

Have you got the answers for the questions in the document. if you do could you send them to me I am struggling with it.

Thanks
Reply 7

Wendy

Could you possibly email this to me please? For some reason there's an error message when I try to open it.
Thank you!!
Hi Wendy. Have you done something similar for the 2018 preliminary material? Thanks
Have attached some of my questions. There are no answers though.
Just make sure you know green screen, blockchain and GDPR really well as they are all specifics given in the text.
Some of the page references in my questions refer to the Nelson Thornes textbook.
Sorry, no, that is the point of the questions. My students research and write the answers themselves - I don't do it for them.
Original post by implification
I've been scouring the web, and I'm struggling to find anything on "green screen" banking, only details about blue screen and gray screen, which seem to be about commodities.

If you're not willing to give me the answer, could you please point me in the right direction with either research or what I should be searching. thanks.

I don't know anything about banking, but as far as computing is concerned, 'green screen' usually means the old monochrome CRT computer displays which show green text on a black background. Think of the kinds of screens you'd have on computers in the 1970s and early 80s which use green text-based displays and keyboard input with text-based menus, etc.

I'm not sure what that has to do with banking really, except that banks used to have a lot of systems like that - before personal computers were a thing and people didn't usually see those kinds of computers outside of universities, government buildings and large wealthy corporations.
It's not a case of not being willing to give you the answer - I haven't done them myself yet and I am so strapped for time with all the other million things that need doing as a teacher lol!!

Previous poster is correct. Look on google images for "green screen application" this will give you an idea of what the screens and applications used to look like. Many companies still have these systems - called "legacy systems" because they are old but very reliable and do exactly what they should - they rarely fail. They are hard to change so new systems just get tagged on top and they continue to be used.

I think the questions are more likely to be around what legacy systems are and how this new bank doesn't have any so don't have those kind of problems.

Hope this helps a little
Hi! what's the Nelson Thornes text book you mentioned? I'm using the Stephen Doyle Essential ICT fo4 AQA textbook but it's really old and I'm scared it doesn't have all the info I need? Do you know this one and if I'm ok soley using it for revision? Thank you for your help and these questions! my teacher does actually teach so you're a lifesaver :smile:
Unfortunately this spec has been running since 2008 so the textbooks are really old. Nelson Thornes is just an alternative to the one you have - I have both and use material from both.

Make sure you cover the pre-release material in a lot of detail, and other things you should really research in addition to the books are BYOD, cloud computing, things that have been happening in the real world like cyber attacks, the growth of cryptocurrencies etc.

As it's the last year of the spec I was kind of hoping they would use some of the questions from previous years without too many changes - last years paper was quite a good one. Practice all the papers, compare against mark schemes (where they actually suggest an answer) and read around the subject a bit.
Have attached some of my questions. There are no answers though.
Just make sure you know green screen, blockchain and GDPR really well as they are all specifics given in the text.
Some of the page references in my questions refer to the Nelson Thornes textbook.

do you think you could provide us with some answers as i would like to mark my response to the questions
thanks
Does anyone know much about disaster recovery options because you can talk about backup recovery but what else is there??????????
Original post by blinglum
Does anyone know much about disaster recovery options because you can talk about backup recovery but what else is there??????????

Have a look at:

Replication and Mirroring

Distributed Databases / Distributed services

Cloud hosting / Cloud Storage

Also don't forget

Prevention: e.g. surge protection, fire prevention, uninterruptable power, RAID, antivirus, firewalls

Monitoring: e.g. sending e-mails or alarms when a system fails

Disaster recovery planning: e.g. who does what when something happens. Automatic failover.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending