The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
No. I'm not the only person who noticed. Look at the comments: http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/raw-smackdown-live-announcers-wwe-superstar-shake-up/

This is ridiculous. I was not being racist.

So you found some article where one comment noted they were black, more as a joke than a summary or main reason of it, well that's alright then. Just add it to your sexism and sweep it under the rug.

You saw two people and only saw their skin colour. That's ignorant if not racist.

They were swapped to freshen up the commentary, not like anyone else was going to be traded instead. By all means, say they're both generic or boring, but don't just focus on their race like some 19th Century idiot. Or I guess 21st Century idiot, since discrimination is fashionable again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy
since discrimination is fashionable again.

You spout a lot of sh*t and love to start arguments and accuse them of derailing the thread when they answer back but this is kinda true.
Reply 5942
So you found some article where one comment noted they were black, more as a joke than a summary or main reason of it, well that's alright then. Just add it to your sexism and sweep it under the rug.

You saw two people and only saw their skin colour. That's ignorant if not racist.

There have been comments all over social media about it. My timeline was full of them. There have been memes, WhatCulture have commented on it, and there has been plenty of discussion.
Woah, Longshot's back, time to get banning again.

Original post by Mackay
There have been comments all over social media about it. My timeline was full of them. There have been memes, WhatCulture have commented on it, and there has been plenty of discussion.

Sureeee, and as I said that makes your view a-ok.
Brother Longshot, I knew youd come

I just remembered I havent been here for months and I just managed to catch him up to his usual tricks. Anyway:

Product is great atm
AJ Styles still GOAT
WM 33 Was an 8/10 (AJ V Shane best match)
HARDY BOYZ
Fire JBL
Original post by heavyhandscott

I just remembered I havent been here for months and I just managed to catch him up to his usual tricks. Anyway:

Product is great atm
AJ Styles still GOAT
HARDY BOYZ
Fire JBL

Yeah, I pretty much assumed I'd never watch WWE again as it'd gone to pot, but AJ debuting got me interested and the product has come leaps and bounds in the past year. Best mania in a LONG time, that's for sure. Shame about the 3 main event matches being a disappointment - well, I say that, the Bill vs Brock match was actually a match this time, so that delivered slightly more than expected, but it was still s***.
Original post by heavyhandscott

Product is great atm
AJ Styles still GOAT
HARDY BOYZ
Fire JBL

I will render you OBSOLETE! DELETE!

Gotta love Jeff hardy's ladder spot at WM 10 years on from WM 23 with that spot with Edge.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Yeah, I pretty much assumed I'd never watch WWE again as it'd gone to pot, but AJ debuting got me interested and the product has come leaps and bounds in the past year. Best mania in a LONG time, that's for sure. Shame about the 3 main event matches being a disappointment - well, I say that, the Bill vs Brock match was actually a match this time, so that delivered slightly more than expected, but it was still s***.

I was hoping for Bill to win. :frown:

Haven't been here in a while, you already know you're famous on reddit right?
Original post by Longshot111
I was hoping for Bill to win. :frown:

Haven't been here in a while, you already know you're famous on reddit right?

I was a HUGE Goldberg fan back in the day but this run was a bit silly tbh, glad to see it over. No way he should be squashing well-established stars just because he can't work anymore and WWE wanted to cash in on a bit of nostalgia :lol:

Was it that f***ing "I'm 26, she's 12" clickbait thread again :rofl: That s*** is everywhere!
You thinking they swapped two announcers because you noticed the colour of their skin is more indicative of your views, not theirs, which no one knows.

Everyone else thought they were just swapping #3 announcers, you looked at it and all you saw was their skin. First sexist, now racist.

Get off the kool-aid mate. Stop taking offence to things that just mention colour. Considering his comment, you were being counterproductive. He's pointing out how WWE try to make sure to have a black man on commentary on each brand just because they're black. Him noticing racism doesn't make him racist. WWE had one black announcer on each team, including NXT. During the brand split they swap the black announcers for each other. When one of them is off doing a movie, they got him replaced by a third black guy. This s**t has been obvious for a while. Most people predicted that Booker would be replacing Otunga anyway. WWE think having a black announcer makes them seem more diverse and inclusive. It's ignorant but they have well intentions.
I was a HUGE Goldberg fan back in the day but this run was a bit silly tbh, glad to see it over. No way he should be squashing well-established stars just because he can't work anymore and WWE wanted to cash in on a bit of nostalgia :lol:

Was it that f***ing "I'm 26, she's 12" clickbait thread again :rofl: That s*** is everywhere!

Yup. It was, how many times were you bombarded, when I saw it on reddit, I was like "omg, I knew that guy!" . XD
Original post by Mackay
How?

By saying it's "hilarious", I'm highlighting how downright farcical it is.

All you're highlighting is their race. What is wrong with you?
Original post by uw0tm9
Get off the kool-aid mate. Stop taking offence to things that just mention colour. Considering his comment, you were being counterproductive. He's pointing out how WWE try to make sure to have a black man on commentary on each brand just because they're black. Him noticing racism doesn't make him racist. WWE had one black announcer on each team, including NXT. During the brand split they swap the black announcers for each other. When one of them is off doing a movie, they got him replaced by a third black guy. This s**t has been obvious for a while. Most people predicted that Booker would be replacing Otunga anyway. WWE think having a black announcer makes them seem more diverse and inclusive. It's ignorant but they have well intentions.

Trust me, this guy starts arguments over everything, he'll pester you if you don't respond and when you do, he'll accuse you of derailing the thread. He's even been attacking mackay because he makes long reviews now and again.

No offense Mackay, thanks for the rep btw.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Longshot111
Yup. It was, how many times were you bombarded, when I saw it on reddit, I was like "omg, I knew that guy!" . XD

Yep, someone linked me to an iFunny page, a Facebook group post and now a reddit post :rofl: #Legacy
Reply 5954
Original post by Neverdie

uw0tm9's post.
Reply 5955
That news about Dash Wilder being out til the summer is a big blow for the Revival, really. With Kofi injured, too, apparently WWE were keen to keep The New Day off TV for a while. But they may have no choice now, with both tag divisions suffering blows.

I just find it funny that whenever @ozzyoscy is having a disagreement with someone, @Neverdie is always there to have his back :rofl: Cosmic...

If you must pass it off to others rather than speak for yourself, at least try guys other than internet warriors or some guy who keeps coming back just to derail the thread and abuse people on a site he's perma-banned from.

I just find it funny that whenever @ozzyoscy is having a disagreement with someone, @Neverdie is always there to have his back :rofl: Cosmic...

I've seen this too, I swear, it's his alt or something.
Original post by Neverdie
who keeps coming back just to derail the thread and abuse people on a site he's perma-banned from.

You haven't commented in ages and only came up to call Mackay a racist prick, so first off, you're derailing the thread and second, you didn't like the way I was standing up to you and ozzy and you went around my posts like a fox ravaging a bin for food in order to piece together some lame paragraph to try get inside my head and you think I'm abusive? Only people I've abused in this thread are you and Ozzy, that's it.

You clearly have no faith in your own words so why should someone else?

If you were really against abuse, Ozzy said to Mackay not long ago. "If you're gonna make long essays nobody is going to read...", Why didn't you stand up against that? If you only care when certain people do it then you don't care at all.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest